Travelex Employee Review

Learnt a lot on my own, my trainer was very good, partial work culture within specific nationalities, poor management while resolving issues.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC11 March 2019
It’s good in terms of salary and benefit due to airport location, but more of partial culture while it comes to allocating duties or resolving issues. I have learnt a lot due to busy and ongoing - incoming crowd of visitors from worldwide. It was very fast paced environment and helped me build the skills to work under pressure. I loved my duties and sincerely served the needs of company and customers. Unfortunately many of us of staff had to face similar issues due to the dominance of old staff and partial treatment of managers, as they lost many of the good staff due to favouritism. But I do respect my work I was allocated with because it made me learn a lot and deal with hard situations remaining calm and work smoothly to achieve professional growth.
Pros
Learn from dealing with all types of customers from all over the world
Cons
Full of Favouritism culture, managers incompetent

Other Travelex Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Purchase and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Western Australia29 April 2019
Interract with different clients everyday in a high-paced airport location. I was in charge of my own stall which I operated like my own business - held accountable for the running of the business including opening and closing balances and reports where I would analyze my own perfromance at the end of every shift.
Pros
Work autonomously with minimal supervision
Do not recommend
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 July 2018
- No life/work balance as you are manipulated to pick up shifts
- Bonuses only are given to full time emplyees
- Working alone
- Stressful being accountable for a lot of currencies
- Poor management structure as managers don't care about you... only if you reach targets
- Very little room for career progression, but kind of possible
- Low pay for the work you are doing
- Can't adjust exchange rate/commissions which result in rude customers
- Very little security in store for off-airport stores
- no acknowledgement for effort
- High employee turnover, always hiring
- Receive full-funded banking accreditation after 6 months
- They hire anyone, EVEN if you have no experience. They just don't want stores unattended.
- Targets are unachievable and unrealistic
Pros
Job security, staff discount, banking accreditation
Cons
Long hours, bad management structure, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelex. Our community is ready to answer.