Trimble Navigation Limited Employee Reviews

Great Company Poor Leadership
HRBP (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CO11 June 2019
Depending on the leadership team you're assigned to, you can have a very different experience. Unfortunately, poor leadership is tolerated and can become very toxic. Work-life balance and flexibility are provided to some, but isn't a consistent benefit offering throughout the company.
great
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO29 May 2019
like my job. not the best salary but it works. good location. good benefits. nice vacation time. if you are young expect to stand out. everyone will remind you are 20 years younger than them
Terrible managment! No support and extreme complacency!
Service and Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH28 May 2019
This is the place if you want to be walked on, left in the dark and completely have a terrible workplace experience. The company touts a modern product all the while the work spaces and equipment is old and run down. Their engineers are complacent. Their managers are out of touch with todays reality. The products they sell are spec'd by competitors and do not meet the specifications they claim. This should be a law suit but most do not check the specs of their products they only trust the name and in this case what a falsehood.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
You have to work with managers that lie to your face.
Only been there couple wreks
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OH13 May 2019
Only been. Couple weeks. Work is slow and pay is not enough. Everyone is nice just not enough money or overtime for me to stay long term. Not paying my bills
Hardware company trying to be a software company
Senior UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN17 April 2019
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
Disapproves of CEO
I worked at PeopleNet full-time (More than 3 years)

There is a lot of talk about the kind of company Peoplenet (now Trimble Transportation) is. Innovative. Best-in-class. Supportive of new ideas. An industry leader working to help fleet managers and truckers. Four times a year we’d sit through the two-hour long all-hands meetings and listen to this, then turn to one another and say “Wow, wouldn’t it be great to work for a company like that?”
All the good things about the place seem to be either accidental or a legacy from when it was a small company. The C-levels talk a good game, but it’s wise not to believe it.

There is complete disconnect at all levels of the company.
In my career I’ve seen silos in companies where divisions are walled off from one another, including one place where two virtually identical products were being developed for the same customer group by two separate divisions, neither knowing about the other. But hands down, this company is the most disconnected of any I have seen. C-level VPs have no idea what …
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
upper management working without a solid strategy, contempt for user research, incompetent product people
Relaxed environment
Undergraduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH17 April 2019
I enjoyed working here. The team was great, work was satisfying, and pay was satisfactory for the work I was doing. The only complaint I have is there was no formal way for work to be assigned to me, I had to ask my manager if he had anything for me.
Crazy place to work
Senior NPIE and Product Engineer, Timing Division (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA20 March 2019
This place had gone back to startup mode with no moral values. The management in Operations didn't know the products or their functions. So, they never understood the people who worked for them.
Pros
Good people to work with except few really bad managers
Cons
Director of Operations drove people nuts and didn't know his functions or others and products
Component Engineer
Sr. Component Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA19 March 2019
Component engineering is a critical position in electrical field of any manufacturing and design company to insure that a proper component is selected and maintained for every product.
Trimble Navigation
Field Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA11 March 2019
It was great working here as it was when the Google maps kicked off. To be a part of that, was thrilling. To work with AT&T was also great. Company is good.
Pros
Product
Cons
Always acquiring new companies to expand offerings
Sale Executive (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CO10 March 2019
Great company that is aggressively acquiring companies to offer a more complete product portfilio to service customer's needs and transform the way work gets done!
Workplace
Electrical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH13 February 2019
The workplace is very friendly. I am learning how to solve difficult problems. People are very helpful. The management is good, and the good thing is i am learning new things every day.
Great rewarding place to work
Sr Technical Writer in Ref Tek Division (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX11 February 2019
Fantastic group to work with in the division I was employed with. Very good about training to promote from within. Great working environment to get work completed. Easy people to work with and get information to write manuals.
Pros
Rewarding area to work with great managers
Cons
Long work hours sometimes required
Typical day
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH9 February 2019
you will not get the pay you deserve expect unpredictable work schedule and management to be constantly walking around watching you basically over worked underpaid
Pros
Cons
bad pay bad PTO and bad management
Productive work place
Assembly Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OH8 January 2019
I enjoyed my time there in general. I believe management could have been better as well as the pay. The duties I had to perform were fairly easy and repetitive.
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu7 November 2018
Overall experience with Trimble is good. I have learned new technologies, get chance to work on new use cases. Management helps you to grow in Trimble.
Entrepreneurial company
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu31 October 2018
They had the best compensation for employees in Chennai.

Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Working from Home
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL12 October 2018
Great place to work, excellent solutions and great professionals. It was a great place to learn new technologies (GPS, SaaS, IoT, LoRAWAN), present in front of customers and acquired a lot of skills
Cons
Quarterly results
A good start, not the best outcome
Order Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CO9 October 2018
Trimble is a great place to get your corporate career started. State of the art facilities and up to date technology are all positives. Im sure at executive levels, this is a great place, but many find it hard to advance within the company. There are no clear paths to promotion. They do no encourage career development.
not fun
Design Drafter (Former Employee) –  Provo, UT18 September 2018
you were expected to learn new software with no training and on your own time with no help for anyone. and then if you didnt have the software up and running to be use on a job, you were written up by the company
Pros
learn new software
Cons
no help learning new software
Avoid the Finance roles
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CO24 August 2018
Those that aren't corporate drones should steer clear, it is a culture that will grind everything out of you that they are able to. Look elsewhere to be happy!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimble Navigation Limited. Our community is ready to answer.