U.S. Air Force
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

8: U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 28,943 reviews

Military

The opportunity to serve my country was an incredible experience that i wouldn't trade-in. I truly valued my time in the air force but i knew I had to time another outlet since it was not my passion. health and fitness have always been my passion.

discipline

It was hard work. The drills had to be perfect we had class and we had to respect eachother overall i had fun as i made friends and im still close with them till this very day so it had its perks.

I don't want to answer this right now

The Air Force is very stressful these days. It seems that they want you to do more work with less people. I am retiring and don't think I could stay in the Air Force today. I came in 1994 and it has changed alot.

Very work heavy and alot of information

Going to the Air Force cadets has taught me valuable information on how to be organised and team co ordination. Going to the cadets was interesting and enjoyable and I have been taught how I should organise things in my workstation.

enjoyable with great staff

Whilst I was at work experience there, friendly staff always supportive. Got to see the day to day running's of the base.

Pros

great staff

Cons

i couldnt stay

Serving Dept of Defense and Dept of State personnel

Manage the receipt and dispatch of mail for all assigned military and Dept of State personnel in Australia, New Zealand, and Antarctica. What we do is a morale booster for all assigned in the service of US interests.

Pros

Able to continue to serve after 26 years as an Active duty USAF member

Cons

learning more to do with air conditioning

was very good learnt a lot of knew things as well as how to install and set up ducts for installation, as well as learn to use the power tools overall was a great experience because I learnt and got taught a variety of new things to do with air conditioning

Pros

good hours

Cons

slow pay

Dining Facility Manager

As Dining Facility Manger I oversaw an operation of Air Force and Korean food service contract workers that made up the primary food service operation on the base and the largest in the Pacific region. Our customer base were military members assigned to defend the base and region against North Korean insurgents. Our role was extending the highest level customer service and morale through our extensive menu which consisted of healthy choice and multiple self-serve specialty items daily. We served holiday meals and steak and lobster birthday meals. We also served weekly ethnic meals. The hours were extremely long and were challenged to maintain our level of profiency during limited manning defiencies due to yearly personnel rotations. I honed my mangerial skills and enhanced my communication skills working closely with my Korean counterparts I was especially proud that my facility recieved zero writeups during an compliance inspection that we prepared for while working in a chaotic environment

Pros

rising to challenge of providing top notch service in an antiquated facility.

Cons

i worked 35 days in a row with no days off.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Air Force?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• U.S. Air Force
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?