U.S. Navy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

6: U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 34,321 reviews

Provide supervision

A typical day at work was giving out orders and what needed to be done during the day. I learned to supervise fellow peers and shipmates. Management was great for I was one of the lower lever management. Workplace culture was superb. The hardest part of the job was doing evaluations on fellow peers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to visit various parts of the world.

Pros

The oppportunity to show my leadership skills

Cons

Leaving home for up to 6 months sometimes

The best of both worlds - Navy and Civilian

As a Reserve Chief Clerk I would be contacted by a Naval Officer in Canberra and offered employment for a period ranging from 1 month to 6 months to fill a vacant position. Jobs were varied but usually within my field of expertise. When not working for the Navy I was busy on a local orchard usually during the picking season and afterwards for pruning and other orchard tasks. I had the freedom to ensure that my Naval and civilian employments did not clash thus giving me maximum employment for the working year. A very enjoyable period of my working life and the hardest part was deciding which Navy job to accept when there were more than one on offer. Job location and length of time would usually decide which I accepted.

Pros

Fulfilling lifestyle with a more relaxed theme.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Amazing place to work

Typical day involves training Naval personnel whilst having the absolute freedom to be as innovative as I want. I loved the environment and students I trained here.

Pros

Morning Tea every single Friday at 10am (cakes and treats)

Cons

Such a long drive to get there.

Positive work environment with challenges and like minded peers

Worked within for 7 years. Good training, managers could benefit from external training. Excellent experiences of travel and sea life as well as challenging jobs.

Benefits from the US Navy

You can get a top education from a education institution and you can get a top education in the Navy and experience what you've learned. Not like graduating from college, looking for a job, work in a cafe for a few years while looking for the job you were educated for and finally finding the job you received a degree in to find out the technology has updated.

Pros

Stable work, training and experience.

Cons

Long 6 to 9 month deployments away from home.

Great place for travel opportunities

A Great place to learn new skills and create a career for yourself.If you are looking for advancement opportunities, the US Navy is a great place to launch a new career.

Pros

great world travel opportunities

Cons

separation from family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

U.S. Navy Reviews by Location