UBS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at UBS: UBS Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,178 reviews

A relaxed slow paced environment with weekend work sometimes

I have been with UBS for less than a year. Its been a great experience since working for a banking or a financial firm has its benefits. There are so many processes that you need to adhere to. The management is good, great workplace culture. Although I had weekend work sometimes, there was complimentary leaves that I could take. Leaves were never an issue.

Conducive environment for work

As a technical person, my day start with my prioriotization of task that I am involved including feedback from support team, L3 task or any bug reported by QA team. During day my task is to take my project to close to finish line. every day is new learning and new bar to cross.

Toxic culture

Toxic culture with no assistance from other EA’s. My Managing Director at the time was unapproachable and the most conversation I ever got from her was “Hey”. Was a great day when I never had to return to that office!

Pros

Nothing about the company was positive

Cons

Management leaves a lot to be desired.

Contract

Contract finished. Flexible. Long hours. Investment bankers. Trade floor. Secretary. Hard work at start then dropped off. Got a bit same same. Not challenging

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Good place in general - lots of work though!

I recommend this place for new starters. They provide good training. A lot of work with little time to spare. They pay is fare. Career progression is not bad.

Good working place

A global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, Has a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.

Good training resources

Great management. Good listeners. Fun envrionment. Various areas you can move to. Helpful online training materials. Recognition, acknowledgement programs are in place

Good Balance of life and work

They never ask you to work on holidays and weekends except if any maintenance work. Timings are great 8-5. Will have freedom to take decisions on what you do. No Team work.

Excellent workplace

Excellent workplace with an amazing work culture that promotes diversity and employee growth. Was fortunate to have worked in different parts of the world in the roles of my choice during my association with UBS.

Pros

Relevant trainings conducted at UBS business univeristy.

Good opportunities for advancement once you work hard and get the support needed from the top

Great team collaboration and offers a great deal of variety to your day-to-day role. While some processes may be standardized and may not apply in every UBS office from a cultural standpoint, this helps for seamless execution of training events and sets a standard to work towards without confusion.

Good company.

A good company to work for if you have established yourself. I have managed to be able to carve a decent career for myself, however other colleagues have not had such great results. It can be very much an old boys club in terms of senior management, and career progression really does depend on who you know.

Pros

Friday night drinks, free fruit, great staff gatherings, great partnership offerings (i.e. Art Gallery viewings etc)

Cons

Career progression all depends on who you know.

Challenging and enjoyable workplace

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for UBS in Sydney. The role was very diverse and the management was extremely capable and supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• UBS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?