UPS

Australia12 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 49,929 reviews

A Day in The Life of a UPSer

You will be greeted warmly and enthusiastically by people in your company. I can say that we have a very good camaraderie at work but work itself was taxing enough that people didn't have time to explore other things and do other activities. It was a great experience working with UPS because it provided me a platform to enhance my critical thinking skills and creativity with sales and promotion. The hardest part of the job was really the hours that we had to work because it was really unhealthy, and a lot of people were becoming obese and sick. But other than that, processes and the way things were handled were really professional and outstanding. I enjoyed having to talk with customers in an efficient manner because it meets the goals and we have happy customers!

Pros

free coffee, lots of bonuses

Cons

night shifts, no physical activities

Average place to work at

I got my job at UPS and lasted just over a year. Management had no clue how to run a team, constant changes in everyone's job roles and was never trained properly from the beginning. People leaving regularly and due to that more work was piled onto the workers instead of hiring more people to cover the work load. Very very dull, boring and sad environment. You are just a number there and no one cares about your well being. I went to HR for advice on how I can communicate well with my manager and talk about her behavior towards me and others and they send me a "beyond blue" link. In other words "I don't care about what you are saying, go seek some professional help" I was disrespected multiples times by both managers. My hard work was never appreciated or noticed by my managers, only when I left it was. I would not recommend this place, no matter how much they are willing to pay you, it is not worth the stress. My advice to anyone experiencing this right now at a job, don't be afraid to apply for other jobs and leave! I have left and work somewhere else and cannot be any happier.

Pros

My team were amazing, long lunch break and decent pay.

Cons

Explained in the review.

Very hard work and no health and safety at all

I will never introduce any one to work at ups very hard job lifting very heavy parcels with pressure and mergers always at your back no rest at all you be doing treller after trellar with no rest

Great team of people on the floor for the most part

Dont get too comfortable watched a lot of people come and go pay is low for what they expect of you and on site manager has no idea what they're doing

Pros

Good environment

Cons

no Overall rating ** Job Work/Life Balance ** Salary/Benefits ** Job Security/Advancement ** Management * Job Culture *

Hated it

Treated like a slave. Awful company to work for. Expected too much for a tiny salary, won't ever work there again. Don't work for them, you'll hate it.

a good day at work

it was a sunny and warm day. learned a couple of things about truck logistics. management was great. my co worker was incredible. the hardest part of my job was opening the truck gates. the most enjoyable part of my work experience was hanging out with my brother.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

the heat

would be a better job if every one was on same playing field

I did not mind working here, but there is no fairness, between the good workers and the ones who did not work, they seem too get away with not doing what was required, even though management says other wise.

Pros

bonus if all KPI's met, but its shared amongst the non - workers as well, meaning even if they don't met there KPI's they get it as well, for it should be individual KPI's.

Cons

the workers are expected too do more while the non workers, get away with murder.

great work place with good facilities

excellent company to work for good hours very helpful staff and managers. appropriate training given and assistance in daily work matters and OHS

Pros

bonus

High Volume Courier Company, with a wide varied employees

A typical day started at 10:20 am and finished around 7:30 pm. I started as a driver for the company, doing high volumes of deliveries. I was then promoted to the office. My duties included front reception ; Greeting customers and directing them to the appropriate sales team member or freight forwarding team member. Walk in exports; price quoting and organizing payment and export.Walk in customer package collections. My other duties included, monitoring outside courier drivers delivery volumes,times, missed delivery reasons. I completed data spreadsheet daily for these drivers. I liaised with fleet Controller regularly in regards to outside driver viability and UPS driver issues brought to my attention at night. I updated Regional Manager every morning about UPS brown drivers delivery volumes,outside hired courier volumes,if there was any major delivery/export issues and any vehicle issues brought to my attention at night. I was the customer service resolutions person for the Brisbane branch; any delivery errors,address errors,time sensitive deliveries were resolved to the best of my ability. I liaised with Star Track daily as they had the contract to deliver UPS freight to regional QLD. I have learned to manage time effectively,multi task.How to do spreed sheets, data updates.That I can do anything put in front of me with the right training.

Pros

Great drivers

Cons

Long hours, little support from team leaders

Staff are great

My hours are 6am till 4pm delivery of international frieght

Courier Work

Good place to work. Your day is not always the same. I like the variety.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

dramas amoungst drivers and staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• UPS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?