Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

A Day At Work
Car Driver (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 October 2018
I currently UBER 6:00pm to 11:00pm 5 days per week. The most difficult part of the Job is finding a park to pick up the food. Some times I need a break between drives.
Pros
Money
Cons
Low amount of money
Bad pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria30 September 2018
They start taking 27.50% commission and then you have to pay 1.57$ per litre for fuel uber is rip off for drivers they don't cars about drivers b but they care about customers
Pros
Too much commission rate 27.5%
Cons
High commission rate 27.5%
Bad pay for long hours
Uber Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 September 2018
Worked 11 hours on a Thursday, for $120 minus petrol, tax and car wash and water. Not worth it to call Uber a job. It only suits someone working the odd time, to pay for rego, or go on a cheap Holiday. People treat your car like a taxi, they slam doors, vomit in the car, and rub oily hands from takeaway food, all over the interior.

Most people where nice, however I also had a junkie inject heroin in the back seat of the car.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Long hours on weekends and public holidays for lower than min wage.
Best job for boosting my pocket money
Food delivery (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 September 2018
It is one of the best way to make money during my free time without any time limit or barrier for specific time. And the payment for the work would be given on time which would help me to fit my expenses
Great way to control the hours you work, whilst meeting interesting people
Partner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 September 2018
Uber has come a long way in the past several years. I have seen an improvement in the rider's attitudes and demands. The pay is obviously one area of concern for most people, however, what pay in any industry isn't? Money is overall the big motivator, most people are always complaining they never get paid enough etc, etc.

Driving with Uber is really what you put into it is what you get out of it. It's much easier now to deal directly with support through the speciality 1300 number for drivers, you can visit the Hub or email them. I don't understand some drivers complain about the stress of contacting uber :)

Clearly, I have seen drivers out there who really should not be driving for Uber as these are inexperienced and somewhat not suitable for this role. it is demanding at times but you need to be able to use your common sense, logic, able to navigate using the driver app, have excellent communication skills, be tactful and diplomatic, know how to conduct yourself, be assertive to situations and most of all don't mind driving.

For those that complain about driving in the peak hour traffic, then don't drive those times, Uber isn't forcing you.

Like I said earlier, what you put in is what you get out of Uber, you drive you earn, you complain you will hate it more and you will not earn, simple!!!

Also, to the incompetent out there, you realise you don't have to drive "your" car you can rent a car instead.

It's your choice and up to you, how you choose to work with UBER.
If you feel the money is not earning you enough then work another part-time job.
  more... Uber is there for the filler when you are in-between jobs, working for yourself, or a part-timer, looking for a supplement income. There are those who do work uber full-time, but they put the hours in or have another income stream for added security.

In terms of security, Uber is here to stay and will always have a need for riders and drivers alike, therefore work is available with some amount of money to assist in your everyday living.

I also encourage females, only a few of us around :)
Pros
Flexible Hours, Meeting New People and New Prospects
Cons
As you're working for yourself, pay can be inconsistent, you have to put the hours in like any other business.
It's Okay
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 September 2018
It's a good thing if you are not doing any other job or need some extra cash. You have flexible hours. Start or stop anytime. But if your work 5 hours you might not get deliveries all five hours. Sometimes you make $40 in 4 hours, sometimes $30.
Pros
Flexible Timings.
Cons
Less deliveries
Productive and fun workplace
Driver PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 September 2018
1. Flexible Timing
2. Multicultural
3. Good Environment
4. Competitive but Secure Future
5. Chance to communicate with the riders of multi-ethnicity and culture.
Can be profitable for highly motivated and well organised individuals
Private Driver (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 August 2018
this is a self-employed role and Uber driver partners is merely a platform for linking customers and drivers on demand. Can be as lucrative as one desires.
Pros
Flexible hours
Driver
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 August 2018
Usually work at dinner time, very flexible work time and hours. always working on my own because it's a self-employee job basically. some of the enjoyable parts are like when customer are willing to give some tips
Talk to the people
Taxi Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 August 2018
I love to drive or transporting with small car it helps to generate income and help families with finances
I am very happy when I drive and make money
"Flexible work hours"
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 August 2018
It is not even flexible, you are indirectly required to work on , picking up drunkard , family dinner hour , party goers hour and peak working traffic hour. Otherwise you will be running at the loss. The new Uber poo features are giving driver even more hard time and stress. Basically if both riders didn't behave in the car, it is a chaos . The uber software full of "issues when the driver is oversupply" , it will make your life tough. Writing to help on line is not helpful at all.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Net hourly rate is less than aud14 per hour.You are a contractor !
Overall not worth it for long term employment.
Uber Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD 40005 August 2018
Working own hours is good. There are a lot of nice people out there and unfortunately some bad. Overall, it is not worth running your car into the ground. Short term ok. Long term not worth it with fuel, gov fees, damage to vehicle, coupled with low pay. Basically the vehicle is used for free. And the uber driver slowly goes broke.
Ubereats driver adelaide
Ubereats driver (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA4 August 2018
It sucks being an ubereats driver in Adelaide. I've been with them for a month and in online often especially in the peak times. I've done 9 trips and made $50. The percentage uber takes is ridiculous. Obviously there are too many drivers on the road. No point. Uber should limit the number of drivers on the road.what a scam!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, minimal.jobs, bad pay
flexible but pay did not make worthwhile
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 July 2018
time filler. this was just something did for bit of extra cash while not having a full time job in between travel trips
some customers made the trips difficult while others were fun to talk to
Way to much commission is deducted.
Uber driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 July 2018
Uber cuts 25% of your hard earned money. I believe 10% is a reasonable cut for them as we have to pay for petrol and the maintenance of our vehicles and on top of that our cars depreciate in value for having high kms on the clock after some time of driving.

How can uber fix this? Either pay for our fuel and gst or pay for the vehicle maintenance when its due. Or else uber will be crushed by the new competitors in new future. Every company can negotiate with the amount of traffic they bring to a business, why not negotiate with one brand petrol retailer that if all our uber drivers come to get petrol here will you give uber a 20% discount.. something along the line of that.
Pros
Meeting people from all walks of life
Cons
Percentages being cut by uber is way to high
Fun
COURIER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD18 June 2018
It's an okay place to work. Salary is below par and does not meet the minumum requirement is australia. Has a great work life balance due to the fact you can work anytiime
Exploring new places in sydney
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 June 2018
I am quite satisfied with uber because of its rates and other benefits. I have explored many places and restaurants. indeed an excellent opportunity for me to work
Pros
platinum cards
Cons
delivery sometimes not available
Driving uber is a flexible job. but too much competition and hard to make money
Uber driver (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 June 2018
On that day I was very happy to talk with a rider who came from America and soon became a good friend. She invited me to visit her home city Boston and I said to her I will. Since I became a uber driver, I have learned there are getting more and more competition in customer transfer industry. Driving like uber is only to be a hobby in your free time rather than a occupation. The hardest part of the job are no job offer coming in a couple of hours. Sometime there was a very friendly rider I took and talk with him or her about everything, that is my enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
flexible job
Cons
long hours and too much competitions
reality brisbane to goldcoast
Driver (Current Employee) –  Logan City QLD23 May 2018
1.uber company takes to much from the driver
2. to many driver in all area promise!!!! and they still accepting applicant driver everyday..! so it means your income getting worst everyday..
3. you need to drive somewhere to get passenger and a waste of fuel..! but when your there!!!! open your uber passenger you'll see the reality...:
4. maintinance, insurace, fuel, CAR DEPRECIATION not including damages when somethings wrong...! you need to pay for that.
5.Dont quit your job!!! like i did...!
6. just a minute i need to pick this one, i wait 1:45 mins to get a request...!
7. 9 mins to pick him up...! point to destination 5mins,, thanks have a good day $5. or sometimes worts than worst!!!
8. if your planning to become one i need your phone number so that i can get $100 thats the only thing i earn easyly..! lol
9. im still driving.. its my excuse to my wife that i have work..! lol
10. you love your cars music promise and im planning to become singer already not driving anymore.. lol
Uber always put driver at disadvantage
Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 May 2018
Uber never cares about driver partner. Always declined cleaning fees from riders making messs, i had 3 riders puking in my car for last 3 weeks and spent $400 to clean my car to provide next customer best service but all my cleaning fee request was declined. Dry food cleaning fee also rejected. When car is dirty, riders complaint, when riders made mess Uber dont care about it. What if I let customer sit on their own puke? With UberEATS too, many times restaurant partners are unprofessional, make drivers pay parking and many times FINES because there is no parking around shopping malls.
If there is a better rideshare platform in development, i’ll definitely move
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No money, no benefit for drivers, Uber doesnt care about drivers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K