Uber Employee Reviews

Useless
Uber driver (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 June 2019
If u like making 10 bucks an hour, then yeah go for it. But I recommend other jobs, which there's plenty of'em. Honestly, cleaners, macas and hungry jacks staff make more than uber drivers. Which is why am searching for other work.

Not to mention, u have to pay the GST outta ur OWN pocket.
Pros
None. Seriously, none at all. Even their perks are useless.
Cons
Lowest pay on earth. Honestly, cleaners get paid more than uber drivers.
Means to an end.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 June 2019
As a driver, don't expect to get rich or have a sustainable future career. The ONLY advantage as a driver is not having a boss, flexibility is second, as a driver relying on job allocations you are bound to peak hours. There is no option to create an individual customer network.

the perks start and stop at sharing the occasional laugh with a friendly rider, 90% of the time no one cares or is interested in your name or the quality of your service. Prepare to feel redundant. As someone aspiring to be more, there are so many other options out there ie. you are better off getting an RSA and learning how to pour beers, at least you'll be working in an established industry and your hard work won't go unnoticed.
Pros
not having a boss
Cons
future career advancement is unavailable
flexible
Assist passengers (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 May 2019
I have only been working for Uber for 6 weeks and I am enjoying my role but it is hard to make any money when you have fuel bills and rego, and general maintenance of my vehicle.
Exceptional Flexibility
Business owner/Driver (Current Employee) –  Driver1 May 2018
I drive people from place to place or deliver meals from many restaurants.

My riders sing with me or tell me about their lives. Lots of chatting and the money is good.

You require an ABN and completion of the BAS is an ordinary task but required.

If you do not have the skills to run a business, you should not drive with uber.
Enjoyed meeting new people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA24 November 2017
Picking up and delivering customer to destinations. Enjoyed the many wonderful conversations with some lovely people. Unfortunately my car dated way too soon, even though it is in pristine condition. Was very sad to realise that I couldn't continue unless I bought a new car.