Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Uber:

Uber Employee Reviews

Australia26 reviews
Uber is a great way to deal with multiple fast paced Customer service requests that also include decision making and working under pressure passively. Great for attention to detail as requests are frequent.Overall knowledge of Sydney's transport and various diversities make it a challenging and interesting experience.
Was very special to have some close contact with some of the clients who came regularly in my car for a ride. They always respected me and I respected them.
A good customer service role - and you are your own boss virtually - easy to control life/work balance - but you need to drive many hours to make it affordable.
Driving for Uber is mostly fun since I've been driving a Taxi for many years. It is way more relaxed work then driving Cabs. The only challange is the flood of Ride share Cars on the road so that is getting more difficult to earn a decent Income.
it's a good job for extra income top of a permanent job. Very flexible work but for a carrier, I don't see any future for me. I'm looking for some productive a carrier job now.
Very unethical company
Liars

Cheats

Unfair

Unjust

Measurements of your performance not based on reality

Learnt nothing

The objective of the company is to get something for nothing
A lot of waiting online
A lot of kilometers driven

Management very hard to communicate with

Working to your own timetable a benefit

Meeting different people and good conversation
Most Enjoyable Job, So you can choose your own hours to start or finish. You have a chance to see and chat with new person every single day when you go for drive.
This was the worst experience in my life. Customers are rude, racist. Payment is not good. Licences and insurances are expensive. Uber don't care about drivers or customers with bad rating.
Great flexibility to drive when and where you want within the state you are registered in. Can meet some really great people.You are your own boss and can accept or decline rides at your own will. Its fun to ride around the city and suburbs while having a good chat with the riders.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Uber?
Worked as uber drivers for 18 months whilst at Uni .. flexibility of hours is the ONLY benefit. In that time I have ruined my new car - 100, 000km in 18months, government have their hands out for money, uber takes 27.5% of your fare BEFORE you even get a wage, you pay for all the fuel, servicing (a lot of servicing), tyres, batteries, , car wash products, ALL OUT OF THE PITIFUL WAGE YOU RECEIVE FROM UBER.... don't say I didn't warn you !!oh and then you need a medical when you renew your drivers licence +150 on top of cost of licence and a car inspection every year $130 plus cost of tyres is usual then increased cost of rego, insurance and everything else - you arfool od if you do it !!!
Pay ranges from $0 (eg driving 5-10 minutes to a trip, waiting 2 minutes on zero pay, then rider cancellation before wait time kicks in) to around $12/per hour after gst/expenses. You can earn typical minimum pay by working 7 12 hour days. Yes it is flexible but the hours negate any benefit. Uber always sides with riders in disputes. Overall, a pretty disgusting example of exploitation.
It was easy job, with it we got to keep balance between work and family. It was flexible and gave me alit of autonomy. I learnt to be self directed while working as an Uber driver. It was quite an interactive job.
Driving with Uber was ok until two years ago when GST was kicked in and Uber commission jumped from %9 to %27. no point to drive because in a year or two you will loose your car and I can not replace the car with the money that I earn from Uber. so I dont recommend driving with Uber to anyone.
A typical day would include cleaning and maintaining vehicle, deciding on area to cover. Making sure customers are happy with their ride by providing little things like phone charging cable, mints, bottles of water and being really happy and friendly always.
I do not think much of Uber - greedy business model and very poor on looking after the contractors. I hope Uber is gone from Australia within another 12 months - so that taxis can make a living again!
Pros
flexible
Cons
terrible pay
It's good for those who don't have any job .they pay good for every delivery . They have good online market customers from they earned and pay to there riders
The enjoyable part of the job you really get to explore Sydney or the area that your working in . You end up finding great places to visit on your free time.
Cons
You just got to watch out for the drinks on Saturday night, but normally hey warn you just in time too throw up lol. But hey who what's a 200 cleaning fine.
You can work in your pace with Uber. Money were great before because they were less drivers out there but now it’s very hard to make money.they always look after their riders and not drivers and cut big commissions
I have done several trips with Uber Riders over the last year. More often than not it has been a positive experience. The hardest part is the petrol costs but that can be fixed
Uber was a fun job to have, I could work .y own hours and loved driving people around and hearing all sorts of storys from all different nationalities.