UGL Limited

UGL Limited Employee Reviews

Australia191 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Nice place to work

Huge projects are in the pipeline with the perspective of success in the future key projects in utility and new energy sectors. The management style is reasonable. The office environment is below the standards. The IT is the worst part of the company. I work in a collaborative team with a extensive experience in power industry.

Disgusting

Extreme level of micromanagement - no support or training - no flexibility - very poor salary - management will never acknowledge your hard work or efforts. I would never recommend anyone to work here.

UGL Limited insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

It is ok for engineers but don't expect much support

Very reactive organisation and a bit old fashioned, they basically make problems for people working from home. Some of the jobs are very interesting and a lot of people very knowledgeable

Productive fun work environment

Had a great work environment I enjoyed my time working with UGL I would highly recommend them to people in the future. Management were very knowledgeable

Great place to work with great people

Flexible working arrangements, great people. Difficult to get changes through management regarding system. Further training required for site employees. Wages not great

They claim to care about safety but really couldn't care.

Had nothing but problems with this company. They have terrible management, terrible culture and pit everyone against each other and don't give procedures for high risk jobs so they can point the finger if something happens.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Terrible management Terrible culture

Fast Paced and Dynamic Working Environment with strong leadership at the top.

UGL is an excellent place to work. Yes the work is demanding and during bids things can get a little hectic, but there is a definite collegiate atmosphere about the place where everyone works together through the tough times to ensure no-one is left behind. Over the past 12 months management changes, have definitely improved morale and the new MD is without doubt one of the best leaders that I have had the pleasure of working for!!

Pros

Executive Management Team is top notch Pay is excellent Office location is good Friendly staff

Cons

Can be long hours, Parent Company can be difficult to work with, Flexible working is still a "work in progress"

Ok Company

This is a fair paying Company.Who have the worker's safety and along with the Clients interests first and foremost.I haven't had any issues with UGL.A Fair company..I would certainly return for future assignments.

Pros

Assignments of uncertainty regards to shutdowns Covid 19 lockout measures

Cons

Can be long hours, but it's within satisfaction..and safe tolerances.

Very unorganised disrespectful

Not the top of the list , more worried about the image than the workers. You are treated as just a number. A lot of back stabbing in the management and a very high turnover of HSE staff.

Pros

Large project

Cons

Senior management egos

Insipid reactionary rabble

Over promised, underdelivered, mostly pond scum in management positions, though the odd person was very professional. Largesse is dolled out to family members, kuldos is an unknown.

Pros

I left

Cons

I should not have started, rely on your inner vibes.

Productive and relaxed

Great people to work for job security , full time employmentAlways fair and management was always organized with work etc for the day ahead and always helpfull

The best company ive worked for.

They look after you,pay you well,management is great.I work well with others,culture is great.Just do your job,work well,always be pleasant & greet with a smile,goes along way.😊

Pros

Free wifi, accomo, food, gym, pool, $s etc...

Cons

Being apart from my partner.

Fun Place with health Environment

Nice and healthy environment with welcoming people. Big company and great people to work with. will absolutely love working for the company and at the same time you will have the job security as they try and retain their own people.

Pros

Flexible timings

Cons

Very Slow Carrier growth.

Given the freedom to use the experience I have gained over many years

We had great managers, our back-up staff were fantastic.I was working on a FIFO project and the travel to and from sight was always well organized and if any problems occurred dealt with efficiently. Paid on time and correctly.The camp we lived in was fantastic and the staff could not be more helpful.

Pros

Our managers were fantastic, accommodation and camp staff fantastic.

Cons

Casual with 1 hours termination notice. No job security

great work and workers. terrible management/receptionists

the work was great the vehicles were supplied the reception from management needs work the drinking/drugs and smoking culture needs to be addressed hardest part of the job was dealing with an employee that does not want to be there the most enjoyable part was the scope of experience

Pros

accomodation

Cons

drinking culture

Good area - free parking

i only work there before as Cad Drafter for combined Services. we were advised that we are to be discharge due to lack of work. However if they get new one we may be recalled but never did because our contacts have been replaced. Overall it was worthed to have worked with them.

Pros

Monday

Cons

pressured to attain output

Learning and Productive

UGL - REMS1B was my first water project, i enjoyed working under good management. The best part of the project was good teamwork and support. Also, i got exposure to a vast area of electrical installation for Transformer, Conducting, Earthing, Network, Panel installation, FAT/SAT, QA, Instrumentation, SCADA etc...

productive meeting K.P.I.targets

Enjoyable work and team members in all sections of the workplace at Maintrain Auburn. Good variety of different tasks in overhaul of components to return electric trains to Sydney Trains on schedule.

Very nice, good people

I really enjoyed my week there and would love to get a full time job there. The people were nice the environment was great and I really love working with trains.

Fair work place

Enjoyed working in my team and was paid fairly, management was approachable, safety was good, good communication between divisions, opportunities to advance available

Great work place culture

Supervisors were good and fair. The work was interesting and varied. Management was great...always really helpful. They let their staff know about upcoming work and kept in touch to see if you were interested in those jobs. Everything ran smoothly: from the first phone call to the medical and even to the end of the job. I met some interesting people while working away from home. That, great management and a good pay packet made my time with UGL both enjoyable and rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UGL Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare UGL Limited with

Learn about UGL Limited in popular locations

• UGL Limited
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?