UGL Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

UGL Limited Employee Reviews

We had great managers, our back-up staff were fantastic.I was working on a FIFO project and the travel to and from sight was always well organized and if any problems occurred dealt with efficiently. Paid on time and correctly.The camp we lived in was fantastic and the staff could not be more helpful.
Pros
Our managers were fantastic, accommodation and camp staff fantastic.
Cons
Casual with 1 hours termination notice. No job security
the work was great the vehicles were supplied the reception from management needs work the drinking/drugs and smoking culture needs to be addressed hardest part of the job was dealing with an employee that does not want to be there the most enjoyable part was the scope of experience
Pros
accomodation
Cons
drinking culture
i only work there before as Cad Drafter for combined Services. we were advised that we are to be discharge due to lack of work. However if they get new one we may be recalled but never did because our contacts have been replaced. Overall it was worthed to have worked with them.
Pros
Monday
Cons
pressured to attain output
UGL - REMS1B was my first water project, i enjoyed working under good management. The best part of the project was good teamwork and support. Also, i got exposure to a vast area of electrical installation for Transformer, Conducting, Earthing, Network, Panel installation, FAT/SAT, QA, Instrumentation, SCADA etc...
Enjoyable work and team members in all sections of the workplace at Maintrain Auburn. Good variety of different tasks in overhaul of components to return electric trains to Sydney Trains on schedule.
I really enjoyed my week there and would love to get a full time job there. The people were nice the environment was great and I really love working with trains.
Enjoyed working in my team and was paid fairly, management was approachable, safety was good, good communication between divisions, opportunities to advance available
Supervisors were good and fair. The work was interesting and varied. Management was great...always really helpful. They let their staff know about upcoming work and kept in touch to see if you were interested in those jobs. Everything ran smoothly: from the first phone call to the medical and even to the end of the job. I met some interesting people while working away from home. That, great management and a good pay packet made my time with UGL both enjoyable and rewarding.
Did a lot for that company while i was there running night shift alone with no support from HSE, management. Was a shame it was never recognized. Never had any incident and was always out shining the day shift teams in terms of work accomplishments and doing more than expected.
good communication,everyday pre-start,discuss safety procedure.sharing ideas,they implement a body system.a good relation between management and workers
I had some great opportunities with UGL. I worked at many different locations Australia wide. A lot of my time was with resources and included water services and mining.
Blue collar workers and the collaborative team were fantastic. Middle and upper management were the worst I have ever worked with. UGL treat their employees like Just another number. No support and poor structure with zero balance to home life.
If I get an other opportunities to work with them I definitely work for them I would recommend friends toogood safety and good rules good management
The Company is like T2 or T3 company culture. Poor management with micromanagement methods. Salary and benefits less than CPB Job Work/Life Balance is terrible
FIFO is the first hurdle to partake in then the move into accommodation then the work itself with the time(down time too) scheduled finishing and the use of Crib room/s and facilities.
All aspects of rigging . Installing pipping , steel , and mechanical with cranes , chain blocks .Management and workplace culture where all good . Hardest part of job was humidity .
UGL Electrical started in Olympic Dam as I started, we had many challenges that were overcome. Contracting to one customer proved to have several challenges that proved to be a catalyse for UGL Electrical leaving the branch after 6 months of progress.
Had a good time working with the UGL crew.Good company and standards.Good admin staff and policys.I hope to get future work and to develope new skills
I thought I found a company that I could with, but they turned their back on me when I needed them most. I enjoyed working with some people, but the company closed its eyes to racism and bullying.
Im working in solar farm is of the best experience i ecountered.Good manangement good supervisor and good teamworks.In working with this company i learn a lot.
CULTURE OF SHARING ISSUES , NEVER LEFT HANGING, management backing on industrial matters mentoring culture commitment to safety 100% safety investigations second to nun.