UGL Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at UGL Limited: 184 UGL Limited Reviews

Australia184 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Ok Company

This is a fair paying Company.Who have the worker's safety and along with the Clients interests first and foremost.I haven't had any issues with UGL.A Fair company..I would certainly return for future assignments.

Pros

Assignments of uncertainty regards to shutdowns Covid 19 lockout measures

Cons

Can be long hours, but it's within satisfaction..and safe tolerances.

Very unorganised disrespectful

Not the top of the list , more worried about the image than the workers. You are treated as just a number. A lot of back stabbing in the management and a very high turnover of HSE staff.

Pros

Large project

Cons

Senior management egos

Insipid reactionary rabble

Over promised, underdelivered, mostly pond scum in management positions, though the odd person was very professional. Largesse is dolled out to family members, kuldos is an unknown.

Pros

I left

Cons

I should not have started, rely on your inner vibes.

Productive and relaxed

Great people to work for job security , full time employmentAlways fair and management was always organized with work etc for the day ahead and always helpfull

The best company ive worked for.

They look after you,pay you well,management is great.I work well with others,culture is great.Just do your job,work well,always be pleasant & greet with a smile,goes along way.😊

Pros

Free wifi, accomo, food, gym, pool, $$s etc...

Cons

Being apart from my partner.

Fun Place with health Environment

Nice and healthy environment with welcoming people. Big company and great people to work with. will absolutely love working for the company and at the same time you will have the job security as they try and retain their own people.

Pros

Flexible timings

Cons

Very Slow Carrier growth.

Given the freedom to use the experience I have gained over many years

We had great managers, our back-up staff were fantastic.I was working on a FIFO project and the travel to and from sight was always well organized and if any problems occurred dealt with efficiently. Paid on time and correctly.The camp we lived in was fantastic and the staff could not be more helpful.

Pros

Our managers were fantastic, accommodation and camp staff fantastic.

Cons

Casual with 1 hours termination notice. No job security

great work and workers. terrible management/receptionists

the work was great the vehicles were supplied the reception from management needs work the drinking/drugs and smoking culture needs to be addressed hardest part of the job was dealing with an employee that does not want to be there the most enjoyable part was the scope of experience

Pros

accomodation

Cons

drinking culture

Good area - free parking

i only work there before as Cad Drafter for combined Services. we were advised that we are to be discharge due to lack of work. However if they get new one we may be recalled but never did because our contacts have been replaced. Overall it was worthed to have worked with them.

Pros

Monday

Cons

pressured to attain output

Learning and Productive

UGL - REMS1B was my first water project, i enjoyed working under good management. The best part of the project was good teamwork and support. Also, i got exposure to a vast area of electrical installation for Transformer, Conducting, Earthing, Network, Panel installation, FAT/SAT, QA, Instrumentation, SCADA etc...

productive meeting K.P.I.targets

Enjoyable work and team members in all sections of the workplace at Maintrain Auburn. Good variety of different tasks in overhaul of components to return electric trains to Sydney Trains on schedule.

Very nice, good people

I really enjoyed my week there and would love to get a full time job there. The people were nice the environment was great and I really love working with trains.

Fair work place

Enjoyed working in my team and was paid fairly, management was approachable, safety was good, good communication between divisions, opportunities to advance available

Great work place culture

Supervisors were good and fair. The work was interesting and varied. Management was great...always really helpful. They let their staff know about upcoming work and kept in touch to see if you were interested in those jobs. Everything ran smoothly: from the first phone call to the medical and even to the end of the job. I met some interesting people while working away from home. That, great management and a good pay packet made my time with UGL both enjoyable and rewarding.

Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor

Did a lot for that company while i was there running night shift alone with no support from HSE, management. Was a shame it was never recognized. Never had any incident and was always out shining the day shift teams in terms of work accomplishments and doing more than expected.

working in a safe culture

good communication,everyday pre-start,discuss safety procedure.sharing ideas,they implement a body system.a good relation between management and workers

Good opportunities

I had some great opportunities with UGL. I worked at many different locations Australia wide. A lot of my time was with resources and included water services and mining.

Disappointed with this company

Blue collar workers and the collaborative team were fantastic. Middle and upper management were the worst I have ever worked with. UGL treat their employees like Just another number. No support and poor structure with zero balance to home life.

Its good to work with ugl nicee people good administration office staff r help full good safety and i have learnrd a lot new things

If I get an other opportunities to work with them I definitely work for them I would recommend friends toogood safety and good rules good management

Stressful Work place

The Company is like T2 or T3 company culture. Poor management with micromanagement methods. Salary and benefits less than CPB Job Work/Life Balance is terrible

Workplace Culture

FIFO is the first hurdle to partake in then the move into accommodation then the work itself with the time(down time too) scheduled finishing and the use of Crib room/s and facilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UGL Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• UGL Limited