Under Armour, Inc Employee Reviews

Old School, Old Boys Club
Supply Chain Operations (Current Employee) –  MD9 April 2019
The leadership style and culture did not lend itself to feeling empowered to succeed or engagement from leadership above you. They leadership micro-managed each situation and there were multiple directions given to follow. To an outsider, the message was confusing and unrealistically able to be followed. Every detail of your decision or non-decision was questioned and typically discarded.

Leadership was behind on holding people accountable and tried to use a shot gun approach to managing accountability. For example, give the impression that the department personnel are "All-Stars" only to find out that there have been a decade of neglect and people turning a blind-eye to what is really going on. Then they expect you to turn it all around and fix it before your 6 month anniversary.

Met some very talented managers and supervisors who were beat down on overall morale and love for the "old company". They direction the company was moving on consolidation, staff reduction and reorganizing priorities.
Pros
The Brand Name in Baltimore; reduced discount on clothes; learned what "not to do" as a leader
Cons
Leadership style; Down Market Culture; Micro-Micro Management; Petty Managers
Great place to work. Dedicated to their employees!
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sparrows Point, MD5 April 2019
Under Armour is a great company to work for because it is all about the teammates. There are so many resources available to its employees. Under Armour makes you feel like you are apart of a family, not just another employee. Under Armour helped me to grow as leader and is all about promoting from within. I would highly recommend working for UA.
Productve and fun work enviroment
Cash Wrap Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clinton, CT3 April 2019
The Under Armour in the Clinton outlets if filled with amazing fun people. This store is a very relaxed but productive work enviroment. The employees make you look forward to coming to work the next day.
Loving It
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Maryland2 April 2019
Under Armour is not just a team it's a family. Mostly millennials working here which is great nowadays since it's harder to find work. That also means when life happens your job is more flexible to your life problems as well as being a support system. There is upward mobility however it's a bit slower than most locations.
Pros
Discounts, 401k, Health Care
Cons
Slower Mobility, Office Gossip
Very strong, family-like environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allen, TX22 March 2019
I love working for Under Armour. Not just because of the discounts, or because of the clothes/shoes, but because of the people i work with! Everybody that I have ever worked with has been amazing and like family to me
Pros
Great Discounts
Cons
Holiday Hours are long and tiring, but what do you expect
Tranquilo buen ambiente laboral
Asesora de ventas cajera (Former Employee) –  Plazas autlet lerma22 March 2019
Es una empresa de ropa deportiva muy padre. buen ambiente laboral.
Pros
Uniformes gratis
Cons
Solo un descanso ala semana tiempo completo
Don’t waste your time
Stock/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NY20 March 2019
Do yourself a favor and stay away. Workedy begins off for a month only to have shifts cut completely with no explanation. They want you working at a pace that burns you out within an hour. Highly recommend that you don’t work here. Store manager was alright, other managers were awful.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Literally everything
Really fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PA18 March 2019
I really enjoyed working at UA. All the managers were so down to earth and friendly. They’re always willing to help. Also, it was really fun to work around the other associates; it just seemed like a home away from home. The only things I didn’t really like about working there was that the customers were a little nasty towards me- probably had at least 1 rude customer a week(but that’s anywhere you go), corporate was quick to change the discount from 50% off everything to 30% sale items and 50% regular priced items. For me as a struggling woman, I felt as though I couldn’t afford any of the clothes I was representing especially being paid $9 an hour(then again, it’s retail) and also corporate had us hand out armour cards: every $50 you spend you get $10 off your next purchase and the rules on how to redeem it changed everytime and the wording on the back was very confusing and I often had customers argue with me saying “that’s not how it was pitched” so I kinda wish I had a good experience with those cards before I left. I only left because I had to relocate for personal and financial reasons.
Pros
Great management, awesome products, good associates, lots to do, discount, free food during holidays especially black friday
Cons
Confusing armour cards, bad customers
First job i’ve truly enjoyed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allen, TX11 March 2019
Although the pay is nothing spectacular, the atmosphere is very laid back and fun. You will catch yourself laughing multiple times a day at the thing your teammates say over the radio and closing is a blast.
Hired for a position that turned out to be quite different from what it seemed I was offered.
Associate Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD8 March 2019
This is a great place to work if you can "drink the Kool-Aid." In my experience people were over-worked and under-paid. Many management roles were filled by people with minimal experience and knowledge on how to lead a team. Campus also seems to be quite “clicky”. Although my experience with UA was not very pleasant, I believe it can be a great opportunity for some. Working at UA can be a great (short term) experience when placed in the correct position and on the correct team.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, classes provided to help improve skills and tools for the workplace, semi-flexible work hours, great view of the harbor
Cons
Over-worked and under-paid, MANY meetings throughout the work day
Not a bad place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clinton, CT4 March 2019
The company is pretty good but for entry level employees theres not much incentive to do your best as a lot of the work is mindless. There are great people I work with and that is why I have stayed at the job for a while. There doesn;t seem to be job advancement unless individuals have worked there for at least two years.
desapontamento
Líder de vendas (Former Employee) –  Contagem, MG4 March 2019
Verdadeira carruagem de abóbora. Pode parecer mais não é.
Pros
pacote de benefícios
Cons
gerencia despreparada
Work/Life Balance is the best part about my job
Associate Territory Manager - Department Stores (Current Employee) –  New Jersey3 March 2019
Encouraged to leave work at work. From day one I was given the freedom to schedule my days how I saw best. Having this luxury helped me create my routine and make my job my own.
great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TX1 March 2019
under armor is the best. staff is amazing and everything is well organized. working there seems fun and friendly. i will be returning to buy more items in the future
Fun, but Changing Culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD1 March 2019
Under Armour used to be a fun and innovative company. Over the recent few years as sales have dipped they have taken to putting more processes in place which in-turn has slowed internal innovation.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Leadership
Productive and fun
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WI1 March 2019
Challenging work. This is still a growing company, but they know that and are very reactive and willing to learn and grow as a team. They operate as a team and have lots of support throughout the district as well as a very responsive corporate team.
better pay
LEAD (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CA28 February 2019
They could offer a better pay for the workers and a more decent lunch area and also parking they could better it more for there associates.also the discount on their merchandise.
work
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 February 2019
Under Armour is a fantastic place to work at, great environment, managers are always well prepared, and workplace is great. Most enjoyable is working with my teammates.
Great Company and fun work environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CA24 February 2019
Under Armour is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees and are a charitable company that is always giving back. Great Benefits and compensation
Offers great benifits, Low pay rate.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CA21 February 2019
The benefits offered are great low premiums. Most of the management is awesome and over all we are given room to grow. they provide company sponsored work life counseling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Under Armour, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.