Under Armour, Inc Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, PA13 August 2019
I see there are some contradictory things on here for reviews so I want to set it straight from my view point... if you want to work and are willing to work this is a great job. It is fun and not stressful. If you can talk to people your in the right place. If you cant then why work retail? Everyone is pretty nice and gets along well. For hours its up to you. If your available then they schedule you, if your not then you dont get scheduled for when your not available. Its a pretty nice deal especially if you have a busy life and work other jobs or are still in school. Overall its a great place to work in my opinion and my favorite job ive ever had. Low stress, fun environment.
Great college job for me
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GA13 August 2019
I worked for four years as a sales associate at an Under Armor factory house. I still believe that my time at Under Armor instilled the hard work ethic that i possess. As a college student, it was a great part time job for me and offered great discounts on gear. I also really liked the manager at my store as she possessed a great work ethic and did not put herself above anyone else at anytime.
Such a shame..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, PA10 August 2019
Started this job months ago and it seemed okay, boy was I wrong. But you see there’s really only one issue with this store and it’s the store manager. She doesn’t listen to her employees, she hires from the outside and doesn’t give any opportunity for her current sales leads to move up, its horrible. She hired a new assistant store manager from the outside, who is now leaving after a few monthsbecause of her. And she’s losing many many more good sales associates. The local District manager also doesn’t give two craps about what employees have to say. The higher ups at this company are ruining it and causing massive turnover. Apply elsewhere folks.
Enjoyed working there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TX9 August 2019
I did see kinda favoritism among the managers and my coworkers. And I did enjoy working with some of the other sales team. Also enjoyed my employee discounts.
Enjoyable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PA7 August 2019
Allowed me to learn the ins and outs of the sports marketing industry

Taught me to learn in a fast paced environment

Always implementing different marketing strategies for face to face communication
Not well run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, CO4 August 2019
I worked here for a few months and it was terrible. They kept promising to move me up because they were impressed with my work ethic, but never did. They had me doing the work of a lead without the pay. It is one of the most unhealthy work environments I have ever been in. Employees are disrespected and yelled at constantly. The store manger is horrible at his job and a bad person in general. I raised my concerns about his perverted behavior to Human Resources and nothing ever came of it. I quit because of how uncomfortable I was in the store. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company because they do not care about anything but numbers.
Dont do it if you want to advance
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, IN25 July 2019
They dont like to promote you unless you are buddy buddy with the management but they treat you well and expect a lot from you from what you get paid it isnt really worth it unless you sell out and work a lot then you get treated the best
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No advancement
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ23 July 2019
I had been there for two years, so I got a lot of customer service experience. I worked the morning stock shift as well as the mid-day or closing shift. I am an athlete so it was a great environment for me, the people I worked with were great too which made coming into work a lot easier.
Pros
Flexibility
Great place to work! Friendly and productive environment!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NY23 July 2019
I loved working at under armour! Everyone is so nice! Everyone is always on top of things! Very productive workplace. Had no issues at all! Would recommend the sales associate job to anyone!
Run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, PA21 July 2019
DONT DO IT! New management has ruined the good and friendly work atmosphere that we had prior. Now everyone’s miserable, hours and requirements caused most long time employees (3+ years) to quit. They don’t value their employees AT ALL. They dropped the discount that they offer and they pay less than every other store at Tanger outlets. Look elsewhere I promise it’s not worth the drama.
Great job if your in school
Under Armour, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TX17 July 2019
The job is very simple go in do your work go home. They have short shifts if you want more hours just ask flexible on changing your availability. Takes 2 weeks to go into effect keep that in mind, able to trade off shifts if you ask in advance. Very team based/family style. Discount use to be really great but a few messed it up for the masses.
Fun company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lodi, OH12 July 2019
I was part for two years one in high school one out of high school. Fun company good employee discount. Even more fun if you are into sports and pay attention to sponsored athletes.
Summary
Under Armour, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Florida9 July 2019
Good place to work if you are in school lots of tourists in the area because of location but otherwise a pretty chill place to work, coworker are the better part of the day!
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, IL2 July 2019
Typical work day is to engage with customers and no one else. Asking questions to other teammates is not encouraged by management. Most enjoyable part of the job is recomending something to athletes that shop at Under Armour knowing that they will enjoy the product as much as you did.
Pros
Discount
Good Enough Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NY28 June 2019
Shifts can be flexible. No set schedule. No room for advancement and managers are constantly on your back. New employees didn't last long. Very underpaid; there is a store discount for employees. Not very good training. Store cleanliness and customer service relied on few employees; there usually aren't enough employees to help. Most of the registers are always closed. Absolutely no help for the kids section. Managers stayed in the back, all the time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, IN27 June 2019
This position is great for first time/student who want flexible hours. This place of business helped build teamwork; trust and sales associate experience
fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TX31 May 2019
under armour is a fun place to work. they really strive for great customer service and sales. they do commend you on your work when you do well. however they are not always so appreciative of the hard work given by their employees. management is pretty self righteous.
Pros
discount
Cons
work at crazy hours
Great learning experience and opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MS15 May 2019
I learned a lot at the beginning and throughout my journey with Under Armor. We provided great customer service and assistance with customers and also when it comes to my coworkers
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Healthcare
Awful new store manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 May 2019
The coworkers are great, however the store manager is awful. She has no idea how to do her job, and treats the employees like children, even those who know the job inside and out, who know the job better than her in fact. Do not work here getting paid like trash to work with her is not worth your time.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
Horrible store manager, customer base, low pay
Great JOb
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX22 April 2019
the job itself is cool and fun to work at. As far as the Grand Prairie location, the Management team could use a makeover but the company compensates great, and they make it fun to want to work there. ONE Team ONE Dream

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Under Armour, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.