UNICEF Employee Reviews

Great place to work at
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 May 2018
The environment in our team was nothing short of brilliant. A welcoming atmosphere with more than competent leadership made what would've been an 'okay' experience into one to remember. The hardest part of the job was the travel times and the constant pressure to get the next donation, however this was counteracted by the consistent training given to us by our superiors. It did not feel corporate, it felt like a family which I found really fitting for such a giving company.
Pros
Great training and environment
Cons
Lots of time on my feet, long travel times
Good job
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 April 2017
The job has generous shift hours with a good hourly rate as pay. Friendly work team and excellent team leaders. Good working environment and friendly environment.
Pros
Free vouchers
very fun place to work
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC9 March 2017
its a good place to work , i learnt a lot of skills when i was in the company . the people there is willing to put effort to help each other to succeed
productive and amazing working environment
Face-to-Face Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 January 2017
Good working environment, respect for cultural diversity,satisfactory management, friendly and amazing work-force, satisfactory salary, but no job security and/or benefit as casual worker.
Pros
Regular team meeting
Cons
as casual work, there is no job security
good
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 July 2016
it was a very fun place to work, with lots of opportunist to progress a career with them. by running you own team. within the company you would go to a street and canvas the houses there and rase money for the charity.
Amazing opportunities
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia16 March 2016
I really enjoyed my time working in Sydney for the world's leading childrens charity. My campaign managers were always so supportive and gave me so many opportunities to advance in my sales role from basic fundraiser to team leader even in the short time I spent there.

Would I go back again? Of course!
Pros
Incentives and nifty bonus structure.
Cons
Got home around 9pm most days.
Intense work
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Gold coast QLD3 May 2015
Working as a fundraiser was hard work and was a good way of performance driven bonuses. This lifestyle was not suitable for me and I eventually had to discontinue working there.
Fun workplace with a family of co-workers.
Independent Contractor/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Burnley, ENG3 July 2013
A typical day of work with UNICEF is either doing door-to-door work or working on a stand within a shopping complex.

I learn't more personal skills rather then professional skills in my opinion. The job requires you to talk to people, you don't treat them as a customer but rather a person and your job is to ask for their help.

Management is great, they do everything they need to do to keep you inspired and motivated each morning by either putting on a speech and going through some useful tips or going through some activities to get everybody pumped.

The co-workers at UNICEF are amazing, it's like everyone's from the same family. You can ask anyone and everyone for help and advice, they're extremely friendly and open.

The hardest part for me was going from door-to-door. Since the job from 'Origin Energy' completely changed my view on people for 'life' in a big way I always panic'd when I heard the footsteps of someone walking to their door. The thing is I hate lying to people and in Origin out of all the trainers I had to get the dodgy one that trained me to basically lie, there for resulting in... not so friendly outcomes from Origin's door knocking days. So now I have this fear when I knock on a strangers door.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the induction training. For induction training I had to go from door-to-door but my trainer was the one knocking all day. This one time I ended up keeping a customers child company while the customer was giving details to my trainer for on-going an support paper, I was running up and down the front lawn for about
  more... 5 minutes.  less
Pros
Friendly and family like co-workers.
Cons
You have to have an extremely out-going personality.