UNIQLO
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from UNIQLO:

UNIQLO Employee Reviews

Australia32 reviews
Your work is planned out in advance so you know what you're doing. Colleagues are amazing to work with, and as long as you do whats expected of you you're golden ;)
My only complaint would be rosters, they usually update them weekly really close to the next working week so if you're planning anything make sure you notify manager in advance just to avoid the hassle of finding a replacement.
I only worked at the Uniqlo store for a few months, as I found it impossible to stay on longer without my mental health suffering. The management were horrible at communicating, yet would yell at you when you asked for clarification over a task. All they cared about was the staff being robots and following the stringent rule book, resulting in everyone being miserable. The shifts would absolutely drag and there was clear favourtism shown. Overall, I was extremely happy to get out of there.
Pros - some good people to work with
- good staff discount

-somewhat chilled environment

Cons- strict at times

-job advancement only for certain people

- some favouritism among staff and management
I was working here in a full time position, I found the management were terrible at treating their employees with respect. You are either helped, or ignored and yelled at by them. So many people have left this job because of how terrible they are. Only plus is you do get to meet some nice people you work with.
Full time work involved a 8 hour shift, that included cleaning in the morning, followed by other tasks. Each task usually went for one hour before rotating to a different role/part of the store. This system was great to ensure everyone was productive and efficient and it made work enjoyable as you were never stuck in the same place doing the same thing all day.
There is no real job progression for some but there is for others. Was a loyal to the company but was never recognised for hard work and effort by any managers.
Pros
Made some friends.
Cons
No progression
- Ability to provide great customer service
- Well handling cash desk

- Experience in answering customer inquires

- Excellence in customer service skills

- Being happy to find the size of clothes for customers

- Paying attention to listening to customer’s comments

- Putting effort into teamwork

- Well coming staff and providing confident and knowledge advice

- Daily reporting to the retail manager

- Cleaning, tidying and carrying out stock rotation for the next day
Good Pay.

Definitely flexible with rosters. However, climbing up is hard and very rigid as there is a step by step process in how to get there.

Even if you had a degree, there are still certain layers you need to excel and achieve in. I initially wanted to apply for UNIQLO's graduate manager program but it's best to learn about the company and how it works by working there first as a store casual.

To be honest, it's an alright company but I realised there wasn't any future there for me even if I were interested in gaining a higher position. You have to excel in ALOT of areas and I just found it stressful even for graduate managers.

But overall, you meet life long friends and cool co-workers. Other than that. I wouldn't want to work here long term.
Pros
Pay and co-workers
Cons
Long hours, intense manual labour and strict store policy
The management at UNIQLO was terrible and I never enjoyed coming to work. I didn't feel supported and I really didn't enjoy my time here at all, I was happy to leave.
A typical work day consisted of a lot of yelling and trying to achieve impossible sales at the end of the day. No communication from management to staff they also made some of their employees sick with mental health issues such as anxiety and PTSD.
Pros
We got paid
Cons
To many to explain
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UNIQLO?
Great team to work with very laidback, friendly yet professional and flexible with hours

A lot of and a variety of tasks given from sales floor to stockroom to merchandising which some may find demanding. Always something to do.

Efficiency is a must
Pros
good break times, good work environment
Cons
not guaranteed consistent hours as a casual
Always busy and fast paced, constantly opportunities to learn new things and develop new skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers and providing advice on clothing and alternative style options they may be interested in.
Pros
Lively and energetic workplace
Cons
can be stressful
Having worked there full time for almost 2 yrs I received high level training in all aspects of the job, made some great friends as well as working extremely hard everyday.
Helped open the emporium store. It's the people you work with that make your working days bearable. Management needed to improve in terms of managing their staff.
condition horrible les manager son désagréable et vous parlent très mal!!! beaucoup trop de travail pour un salaire très bas...
Pros
aucun
Cons
le management
A typical day at Uniqlo starts early in the morning or late at night depending on your shift. The management has a tendency to be out of touch and play favoritism with staff, resulting in reduced staff morale.
Pros
Generous staff discount, good working culture amongst floor staff
Cons
Long hours, favoritism amongst management, bureaucratic management culture
Uniqlo Mid City à Sidney est un très bon endroit pour travailler dans la mesure ou on est prêt à être efficace et professionnel.
basely working in uniqlo I got a lot fun there ,they gave me a chance to learn how to do alterations deal to they offering alteration service , ppl are nice here .
UNIQLO is a great place to work, where the staff is friendly and they are always ready to give you a helping hand. The only problem I have is that they have a set time where you have to be there, which is either 7 am or 10:30 am. Because I am a uni student, I couldn't work many days because I would get home around 12 pm and they wouldn't let me work.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Set shifts
Busy store with high standards
Teaches you to have a strong work ethic but can sometimes be draining. Met some good co workers. Time goes by fast because your always busy.
I love every minute, working with a really nice group of people, who think on their feet, and don't try move to the top of the food chain. So everyone is very kind hearted and willing to help