Unisys Employee Reviews

Found 28 reviews matching the search See all 2,083 reviews
great and diverse culture
Customer Operations Case Manager (Former Employee) –  rhodes, nsw18 December 2018
amazing place to work, recognition and progression is there. employee engagement is great, offers progression, security and great work life balance. great culture
Pros
great culture
Cons
a bit far
Good people undone by poor business decision-makers.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 December 2018
Management "misunderstood" requirements for major works and had to disengage. Attempts to use 'outsourced' international subsidiaries went woefully wrong and had to be replaced.
Productive, comfortable environment and helpful staff members
Capacity and Availability Manager (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT22 October 2018
I have been given opportunities and promoted to different roles within the organisation. Initially joined the organisation as Service Desk Analyst, promoted to Problem Manager and then Capacity & Availability Manager role. Easy going and flexible work environment.
Has room for improvement
Desktop Support & Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rhodes NSW10 October 2018
UNISYS has plenty of room for improvement in the space of Account Management, training, promoting and management.

Management showed a lack of skills required to train and improve their employees.

Management pushed their employees to levels where several of them broke down and cried in front of the entire team.

Workload was too great and at times was very dangerous for engineers to drive whilst tired.
Unisys - would class them as a below average employer
Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Rhodes NSW13 July 2018
Although like any job there's always plenty to lean if given the opportunity and have enough time after completing the company required tasks which places the tick in boxes for management. Management at Unisys are no longer concerned about there staff or teams, there only concerned is themselves and nothing more.
Climbing the corporate ladder at the expense of others, accepting recognition for work completed by others, blaming others for errors made by themselves is a good indication of how you are treated by management. Don't get me wrong, there are a few remaining managers that appreciate and look after there staff but they are slowly disappearing.
I was owed almost $5000 in expenses and when submitted was not accepted because they were not submitted within the allowed time frame.
Pros
Meet and work with some good people
Cons
Long hours, expected to work even when on holidays
N/a
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Australian Capital Territory26 September 2017
I turn up to work and sign in, depending on how busy the calls are I can do support requests, SRC, emails etc
breaks are broken in to two 15s and one half hour
the most enjoyable is I don't know what I'm gonna get on calls
hardest part is when bosses are under pressure it gets put on us to meet sla's
workplace culture is that of a poor man's google
I learn how to do level 1 IT troubleshooting
Pros
weekly meetings for performance and goal settings
Cons
pay could be better
Workplace culture
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Banlgaore19 June 2017
A very good company where the work life balance was good.
Joined the company as a fresh graduate. I was not able to learn any technology as I did not spend much time in this company
Produtive and Fund place to work
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  1A HomeBush Drive1 June 2017
Typical day at work include supporting Citrix, Exchange task, closing up a project and creating CR to decommission server(s)
Learned more about Govt employees we support mostly the Executive assistants
Management is ok but still learning
Workplace culture - every end of the quarter BBQ
pleasing so call partner in this account
when I have time to go lunch with colleague
A good place to work
Strategic Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rhodes NSW4 February 2017
Unisys Mortgage Processing Unit is a self contained unit of Unisys that services RAMS HomeLoan. It runs the entire mortgage backoffice, call centre, Collection on behalf of RAMS.

The reason I am leaving is because of the lack of work. I was hired as the Strategic PM responsible for the Responsible Lending Project. The project was supposed to begin in December 2016. However, the project has been delayed for another 6 month. I decided to leave as there was no meaningful work for me.
Pros
Good working culture, friendly and competent staff
Cons
Lack of work due to project delay
Productive and good culture
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 November 2016
Gained lots of experiences, great culture, provide and promote good work-life balance. Provide exposure to a large set of enterprise mix of IT businesses from outsourcing to technology consulting. Great management.
Stock Broker with some IT and table tennis skill
Wintel , IDM & VMWARE Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 September 2016
I enjoy talking with people, so I am the designated person to deal with all the tough clients. Being a stock trader, I can be very calm and cool when the stock market turn into a bloodbath. Considering that clients are too easy to handle.

Literally, everyday is a learning day for me if its not work related then its life related. I am quite chill at work either the CEO or my colleague next to me. The hardest part of the day would be not happening much at work or quite time over the holiday time.

The most enjoyable part of my work would be either being nominated as the start of the month or winning the table tennis (ping pong) after being challenges
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Only SME of the role
Fringe benefits
IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT19 September 2016
No typical day at work, you could be crawling under desks or sitting behind one all day.
Management are fantastic at a regional level and Co-workers are generally easy to get along with.
Hardest parts of the job are lack of accessible documentation and a wide variety of tasks undertaken by the company without proper training.
The wide variety of challenges you come across on a daily basis allow growth and experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low salary
Previous local senior management was abysmal
APAC Architect Theatre Director (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT22 February 2016
Many of the mid-level leaders here were great, but the previous senior managers had no clue about how to lead and motivate technical people.

This organisation was led by the stick, and no carrot in sight to in-cent people to be their best. This makes is hard for anyone that understands true leadership to make a difference to the organisation.
Pros
Reasonable salary but needs to be negotiated up front
Cons
Don't expect a pay rise. Previous senior leadership
Enjoyable atmosphere
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burwood, VIC12 November 2015
It was similar each day, but always slightly different and always changeable.
Typically it was hardware repairs mostly on your own. Typically it was Disk replacements on the larger servers and disk arrays.
Sometimes you are with someone, either showing them the ropes (mentoring) or as equals installing a system.

The amount of procedures to be followed was enormous, either site inductions or training before working on the equipment was tedious as well as the completing of all the associated processes in real time. (Real time reporting)

The small team of us worked great and the management was not always on your back.

I truly liked the job.
Fun work place with supportive management
New Loan Funding Officer (Former Employee) –  Rhodes, Sydney18 October 2015
Great team members, fun to work with.
A bit of office politics but this happens in almost every company.
Overall pleasant place to work.
Not too bad
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Townsville21 September 2015
Pros:

Learnt how to process Warranties, replace laptop screens, desktop parts, software upgrading etc...
Flexible working environment
Decent people
Opportunity to gain higher position
Most enjoyable part was meeting all the new people in the Army

Cons:

Management were lacking in people skills
My wage was absolute minimum
I was offered a traineeship but Management took 12 months before anything happened
Worst part of the job was the pay
Pros
Flexible Good learning, the people
Cons
Management/Pay
A day in the life of ...
Offering Architect (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD4 August 2015
A typical day at work starts at 6am with international conference calls to the USA. This normally lasts until about 11am, I then get to address critical emails and/or staffing matters. At around 3pm my resources in India get to work and I start talking to them, this normally slows down at approximately 9pm which gives me an hour or so to have dinner before my US resources come back online. I then process to talk to them and attend various management meetings until aroun1:30am.

The day is long and draining as it involves continual technical discussions that rely on my input for direction.
Pros
I work from home
Cons
Strict guidelines to adhere to due to working on Department of Defence
Refresh Coordinator CNNSW Region (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW30 March 2015
Work day was to review and co-ordinate the replacement of old IT equipment for new ( PC's, Laptops and monitors)
I learnt some new systems Pinnacle, Service Centre5, Service Manager7.
I built good business relationships with ADF members. This assisted me in performing my duties. It cut down lead times accessing buildings and acquiring relevant information.
The worst part of my time at Unisys was dealing with our manager as he appeared to have no people skills. He was just focused on the baseline.
Cons
Very little if any recognition of jobs done under time and budget.
unisys not a good employer
Defence Regional Information (Former Employee) –  act6 March 2015
no pay rises no thankyou for good work only interested in profits for the company no good work life balances and no job security.
Foot in the door for ICT industry
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Albury / Wodonga4 November 2014
Unisys is a great career starter in the ICT industry. The team I work with are great and they are all team players.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unisys. Our community is ready to answer.