Unisys
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Unisys Employee Reviews

Australia34 reviews
when working as a field service engineer you will get good experience and ability in customer service and technical support and time management and work under pressure.
Always worked on clients site which was NSW Government location. The worst part of the job was that Unisys had won a contract with the Government however did not have the resources to deliver its contract. Client was great, the hardest part of the job was trying to get any help from the global organisation.
Friendly local team, with good local management Decent work/life balance, able to schedule time off when required without much hassle Paid (pre-approved) overtime
My best time in Unisys was that the staff members were amazing, they made it a good place to work...I made some very lasting friendships whilst working there.
Management really were hard to work out as they wanted one thing than another so were confusing...
The location is close to home and it allows you working remotely if need. The management culture was good and friendly.

It offers free gym on site and people are generally nice.
Great place to work with a relaxed environment. I was only there for a 3 month contract & once this had been executed, there was no room for re employment.
It was my first job in the Commercial world.
I won my first two deals as an Outsourcing pre-sales specialist.

I was a "Guru".

Then I did the Transition Management and got setup by a witch who wanted to be a GM.

Then I got involved in an unwinnable Tender.

Then Fujitsu came after me.

Unisys were not happy when I wanted to leave after the headhunting.

They counter-offered but their culture of Internal fighting was poisonous to my "customer-service" mindset.
Pros
First commercial experience
Cons
Internally focussed
amazing place to work, recognition and progression is there. employee engagement is great, offers progression, security and great work life balance. great culture
Pros
great culture
Cons
a bit far
Management "misunderstood" requirements for major works and had to disengage. Attempts to use 'outsourced' international subsidiaries went woefully wrong and had to be replaced.
I have been given opportunities and promoted to different roles within the organisation. Initially joined the organisation as Service Desk Analyst, promoted to Problem Manager and then Capacity & Availability Manager role. Easy going and flexible work environment.
UNISYS has plenty of room for improvement in the space of Account Management, training, promoting and management.

Management showed a lack of skills required to train and improve their employees.

Management pushed their employees to levels where several of them broke down and cried in front of the entire team.

Workload was too great and at times was very dangerous for engineers to drive whilst tired.
Although like any job there's always plenty to lean if given the opportunity and have enough time after completing the company required tasks which places the tick in boxes for management. Management at Unisys are no longer concerned about there staff or teams, there only concerned is themselves and nothing more.
Climbing the corporate ladder at the expense of others, accepting recognition for work completed by others, blaming others for errors made by themselves is a good indication of how you are treated by management. Don't get me wrong, there are a few remaining managers that appreciate and look after there staff but they are slowly disappearing.

I was owed almost $5000 in expenses and when submitted was not accepted because they were not submitted within the allowed time frame.
Pros
Meet and work with some good people
Cons
Long hours, expected to work even when on holidays
I turn up to work and sign in, depending on how busy the calls are I can do support requests, SRC, emails etc
breaks are broken in to two 15s and one half hour

the most enjoyable is I don't know what I'm gonna get on calls

hardest part is when bosses are under pressure it gets put on us to meet sla's

workplace culture is that of a poor man's google

I learn how to do level 1 IT troubleshooting
Pros
weekly meetings for performance and goal settings
Cons
pay could be better
A very good company where the work life balance was good.
Joined the company as a fresh graduate. I was not able to learn any technology as I did not spend much time in this company
Typical day at work include supporting Citrix, Exchange task, closing up a project and creating CR to decommission server(s)
Learned more about Govt employees we support mostly the Executive assistants

Management is ok but still learning

Workplace culture - every end of the quarter BBQ

pleasing so call partner in this account

when I have time to go lunch with colleague
Unisys Mortgage Processing Unit is a self contained unit of Unisys that services RAMS HomeLoan. It runs the entire mortgage backoffice, call centre, Collection on behalf of RAMS.

The reason I am leaving is because of the lack of work. I was hired as the Strategic PM responsible for the Responsible Lending Project. The project was supposed to begin in December 2016. However, the project has been delayed for another 6 month. I decided to leave as there was no meaningful work for me.
Pros
Good working culture, friendly and competent staff
Cons
Lack of work due to project delay
Gained lots of experiences, great culture, provide and promote good work-life balance. Provide exposure to a large set of enterprise mix of IT businesses from outsourcing to technology consulting. Great management.
I enjoy talking with people, so I am the designated person to deal with all the tough clients. Being a stock trader, I can be very calm and cool when the stock market turn into a bloodbath. Considering that clients are too easy to handle.

Literally, everyday is a learning day for me if its not work related then its life related. I am quite chill at work either the CEO or my colleague next to me. The hardest part of the day would be not happening much at work or quite time over the holiday time.

The most enjoyable part of my work would be either being nominated as the start of the month or winning the table tennis (ping pong) after being challenges
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Only SME of the role
No typical day at work, you could be crawling under desks or sitting behind one all day.
Management are fantastic at a regional level and Co-workers are generally easy to get along with.

Hardest parts of the job are lack of accessible documentation and a wide variety of tasks undertaken by the company without proper training.

The wide variety of challenges you come across on a daily basis allow growth and experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low salary
Many of the mid-level leaders here were great, but the previous senior managers had no clue about how to lead and motivate technical people.

This organisation was led by the stick, and no carrot in sight to in-cent people to be their best. This makes is hard for anyone that understands true leadership to make a difference to the organisation.
Pros
Reasonable salary but needs to be negotiated up front
Cons
Don't expect a pay rise. Previous senior leadership
It was similar each day, but always slightly different and always changeable.
Typically it was hardware repairs mostly on your own. Typically it was Disk replacements on the larger servers and disk arrays.

Sometimes you are with someone, either showing them the ropes (mentoring) or as equals installing a system.

The amount of procedures to be followed was enormous, either site inductions or training before working on the equipment was tedious as well as the completing of all the associated processes in real time. (Real time reporting)

The small team of us worked great and the management was not always on your back.

I truly liked the job.