Uniting AgeWell
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Uniting AgeWell Employee Reviews

Bullying occurs quite frequently in the home I worked in. I would not recommend working in this home if LGBTQI. I found discrimination quite rife within the organisation and was pushed out to another home as they promoted the Service Manager
Management do not listen to your ideas and also expect to much from there workers. Very toxic place, a lot of the staff work against you and management do nothing to stop it. Very bad management is holding the place back
Pros
Cons
Bad management
I worked in Home Care Packages. Staff and Management in this area are terrible! Client Advisors act in the capacity of Case Management and several have been given these roles (not applied for the role or interviewed) where they were employed as PCW’s! No qualifications or sector experience. Terrible bullying culture/behaviour from these very people, aimed at staff that are more qualified and experienced because of their own inadequacies
Pros
None, whatsoever
Cons
Horrible staff, management and zero support from HR
Toxic is the best word to describe it. Management do not listen nor support you. Your colleagues will undermine you, sometimes even bully you. No other company like it
Pros
Finishing time
Cons
The list is endless
Work involves quality of life for aged clients. Uniting AgeWell is structured with the client/resident at the forefront and supports staff in a manner that enables staff to best perform.
Pros
Colaborative
Cons
Paperwork
I enjoy working here. Despite my clinical experience in hospital and education, working at Uniting Agewell still gives me the most rewarding experience and career advancement. Having had the opportunity to work in various roles of leadership, I developed my knowledge, skills and ability to resolve issues dynamically.
At the beginning I was highly motivated, lately I’m not ! It’s abstractly working with your manager ! A specially when the manager it’s beginner in the fold Free lecture of how to do your job
Unitung Agewell has a great working environment with great staff who make everyday work achievable. Great support education development, The management is just overwhelming in this workplace each day.
Cons
Veriaty of shift which suite your family commitments and lifestyle.
fantastic environment for nursing, caring and enthusiastic in patient care. salary packaging. great staff and management. would go back in a heart beat if I wasn't so far away.
Pros
fantastic work place
Cons
short staffed like any nursing home
Very calm and peaceful environment with few number of staff with very rear arguments. When any special function comes all work as a team. Very easy communication and coordination with other departments as everyone's aspiration is residents' happiness, health and satisfaction.
I worked a few years ago at one of the small aged care centres. I had an awful time there. I got victimised by other staff members. The job resulted in discipline reaction being taken against me.In my many decades of my career I have never undergone that sort of treatment and had never jad any sort of action taken against me. I was absolutely appalled by the way that the HR dealt with the situation. For me it was quite shocking that such are some of the progressive social justice-oriented church treated employees that way. It was paricularly sad given that it the clients were such a fantastic group of people and some of the staff in the centre were such dedicated and generous people.
Pros
great clients
Cons
This organisation has a dark side to it.
I was privileged enough to work with them in Box Hill for my work experience. The staff were great. I am thankful to have worked there assisting/ attending the elderly. It was such great learning experince for me that i now want to continue doing it. Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of your great team there in Box Hill. Helen.
Pros
Reasonable price lunch.
Cons
Nil
Great company to work for. You get to work with a wide variety of people. Loads of education and training opportunities. Caring for the elderly is very rewarding. Supportive management team. Progressive company.
Pros
Salary sacrefise
its such a good place to work fun and you feel at home. Good environment and always think safety first Feel as you part of they family, they provide any excellent facility for us and for the resident..
Pros
free dinner
  1. Employee Reviews