Uniting Church in Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Uniting Church in Australia Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews
I only got paid for one day a week. But I was on call 24/7 and off course as a Pastor I certainly put so much more time than I was being Paid for. I had so many different things to do. Like pastoral care.
Bible studies, in the evenings. Elder Church Council Member Sinod Rep, preacher. And intensive Leadership courses. Running the Sunday night Church, I created Cook for Sunday night Church, asw well.
I worked with different people from different cultures,some are good orders are not if they see you are a student they want to give you more work to do.
Pros
Cons
Few workers on each level.
An organisation committed to worthy causes and mission to meet ever increasing community needs.

Independent Consulting (Current Employee), Sydney Central Business District, NSW – July 28, 2015

Pros: Excellent mission to provide much needed community services.

Cons: Long hours, nights and weekends worked to accommodate volunteer boards and committees.

A complex organisation with multiple layers of governance and in some parts lacking in strategic direction due to the multiple layers. A high commitment to serve and support communities in need i.e. the elderly and infirm, the homeless, the uneducated and illiterate, children and youth etc.
Cons
Pros
Excellent mission to provide much needed community services.
Cons
I loved working here for seven and a half years. The people were fantastic and I loved my job.
Pros
Great people
A typical day at work: 40% Pastoral Care, 30% Sunday Service preparation, 20% meetings, 10% other Church functions i.e. Funerals, Weddings Baptisms.
What I learned: Dealing with people from all walks of life.

Management: The Minister is always seen as the Leader.

My Co-workers: They are the congregations, they are as diversified as the community.

The hardest Part of the job: Visiting parents of a deceased child in preparation of a funeral.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Baptism of a Child, and Weddings.
Pros
you make many life-long friends
Cons
you are on call 24/7
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uniting Church in Australia. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8