Uniting Communities Employee Reviews

Horrible place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury SA4 September 2018
Unprofessional behaviour of individuals. NO customer confidentiality.
Racism and hate is common
Highly disappointed . High turn over of staff.
Work elsewhere
Racist environment
In shift support (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA31 March 2018
Racism and bullying is prominent. Horrible customer service. Forced to work with out pay. Management is incompetent and not present. The hours are a joke. No work life balance.
Racist culture lifeline
Crisis worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide11 March 2018
Bullying and harassment and racism. Is rampant. No work life balance. Forced to do extra hours on Saturday morning for no pay. The hours are disgusting.
Cons
Racist and bullying organisation and culture
Lifeline (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA4 March 2018
Bullying and harassment at Lifleline Adelaide, encourages suicide and self harm. Work hours are disgusting. Racism is prominent. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the workplace culture
Management was incompetent and would not listen to advice from there employees who lived in the region they were trying to break into.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Gambier SA30 July 2017
The local staff were wonderful however management from Adelaide were incompetent and would not listen to the staff who actually lived in the region.
Now they have no team leaders in the region and they continue to muck up rostering and client informations as all this is now centralised from a team in Adelaide. Management do not know there clientele and do not care about the issues staff face on a day to day basis.
There is certainly no "Uniting Communities" as the name suggests. The worst organisation I have ever had the misfortune of working for.
Pros
The other staff
Cons
Poorly trained so called managers
good place to work
Personal care worker - Placement (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 May 2017
It is a good place to work. Had fun working here ... the people whoyou work with are ok and the management is good.. I worked here as a art of my placement so cannot comment too much
Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Outreach Service
Aboriginal Liaison Officer (Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 July 2015
I was able to work with people of diverse backgrounds that had drug and alcohol issues that affected them in leading healthy lifestyles. I learnt that everyone has a story and that not only minorities have these issues. Working with the Manager and colleagues I was able to teach them about Aboriginal culture and how we are a proud race that celebrates our traditions on a regular basis. I was able to assist them with building rapport and finding 'common ground' with their clients that was usually successful. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to all the lovely clients and work mates. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with some amazing clients that allowed me to utilise my skills and assist them allowing us both to shine.
Cons
Always being alert that a client may turn at any point