Uniting Communities
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Uniting Communities Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
Pros are flexible work hours and very accommodating to personal needs. Apart from this management does a poor job and staff turn over is VERY high. Many staff leave as a direct result of bullying and harassment by their manager. Those higher up in management turn a blind eye and allow the behavior to carry on for the next victim. When the staff member inevitably makes a formal complaint the "internal investigation" results in further harassment, a cheap termination payout and everything swept under the carpet. Again.
Uniting communities pays under the market average. Despite stating they pay "above award wage" they are paying workers at lower awards than similar not for profit organisations doing the exact same role. Increasingly new positions are filled at lower award levels and are attracting less qualified and experienced workers. This is probably happening at management level as well, accounting for their lack of knowledge regarding the services they are meant to be overseeing.

Despite the above many of my coworkers are highly dedicated and provide excellent service to their clients and that is what I enjoy about working at Uniting communities.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor management
Horrific and terrifying experience. Very judgemental and racism environment. No confidentiality. Very disappointed at lack of professionalism.

Would recommend it be shut down
Unprofessional behaviour of individuals. NO customer confidentiality.
Racism and hate is common

Highly disappointed . High turn over of staff.

Work elsewhere
Pros
Racism and bullying is prominent. Horrible customer service. Forced to work with out pay. Management is incompetent and not present. The hours are a joke. No work life balance.
Cons
Bullying and harassment and racism. Is rampant. No work life balance. Forced to do extra hours on Saturday morning for no pay. The hours are disgusting.
Cons
Bullying and harassment at Lifleline Adelaide, encourages suicide and self harm. Work hours are disgusting. Racism is prominent. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the workplace culture
It is not the company most people work for in Uniting Communities its the service we provide. Work somewhere else you will be better off. In some areas there is no room for advancement and other areas only if you have a degree. They do not communicate well. The culture amongst hierachy is to treat staff with contempt.
Pros
Can be flexible with work hours
Cons
Treat staff badly
The local staff were wonderful however management from Adelaide were incompetent and would not listen to the staff who actually lived in the region.
Now they have no team leaders in the region and they continue to muck up rostering and client informations as all this is now centralised from a team in Adelaide. Management do not know there clientele and do not care about the issues staff face on a day to day basis.

There is certainly no "Uniting Communities" as the name suggests. The worst organisation I have ever had the misfortune of working for.
Pros
The other staff
Cons
Poorly trained so called managers
It is a good place to work. Had fun working here ... the people whoyou work with are ok and the management is good.. I worked here as a art of my placement so cannot comment too much
Cons
I was able to work with people of diverse backgrounds that had drug and alcohol issues that affected them in leading healthy lifestyles. I learnt that everyone has a story and that not only minorities have these issues. Working with the Manager and colleagues I was able to teach them about Aboriginal culture and how we are a proud race that celebrates our traditions on a regular basis. I was able to assist them with building rapport and finding 'common ground' with their clients that was usually successful. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to all the lovely clients and work mates. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with some amazing clients that allowed me to utilise my skills and assist them allowing us both to shine.
Cons
Always being alert that a client may turn at any point
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Uniting Communities?