Uniting
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Uniting Employee Reviews

Featured review
Uniting selected this as a representative review
I have been in the industry for 25 years. I have worked in some pretty bad places. Then I found Uniting. It was a bit of a bumpy ride at first, but then I got to know the care staff and residents. I was given an opportunity as a CSE cert iv, to become what they now call a Homemaker. I love the Home Model, Facility manager, DSM, and all admin staff are great! I have an awesome, beautiful dedicated team that I am lucky enough to work with. We have an employee assistance program, free online courses, and I am sure many more opportunities to come. I used to work PM and ND shifts, but now, I work 7 days in a roster. Love it..love it..love it! I also love building that special relationships with the families. I can not recommend Uniting highly enough! I am still currently employed, and don’t plan on leaving anytime soon!
Pros
Salary packaging, work with a beautiful, dedicated team.
Cons
Overall great experience, friendly staff and lovely residents. Training and career development opportunities. However there would be a fast paced environment.
20 hours perm p/t was not enough. I struggled to get enough hours to pay a living wage. There were a lot of tasks not written into the vague job description and I felt over supervised and micromanaged. The job would be more suited to someone without much education who didn’t mind someone telling them what to do all the time. It was the shortest time I have ever spent with an organisation - only one year. I loathed the m
Pros
Nice fellow employees and disability clientd
Cons
Backstabbing managers out to impress each other
Staff are undervalued and pit against one another, there is high staff turnover. Staff who stay in their positions have learnt to bully anyone who seeks to address the issues. There is very little support for staff by Management, who foster this toxic work environment. The key focus is not the clients, staff at an individual level, or the team, but cost savings. Promotions are given to the least qualified staff in order to maintain the status quo.
Commencing with Uniting 4 years ago, was a rewarding experience. This deteriorated with a change of management. The workplace was rife with bullying, harassment and targeting of individuals. The workload expectations were unrealistic.
Pros
Making a difference in the lives of the aged and disabled, Working alongside some amazing colleagues.
Cons
A very toxic workplace, with management promoting friends to positions that became available.
The work colleagues & clients are supportive but when it comes to management they are controlling & create a toxic environment.Huge staff turnaround and many well qualified & dedicated workers walked out due to not treating staff well. Management do not care about their own purpose & values & staff are underpaid to what is expected of role. If they had good ethical management the place may get a good reputation.
I did like this job and my aged care career after 5ish months of coming here . But always short staffed family comes first in regards to working with family with the company and conflict of interest doesn’t even phase anyone.
Pros
Money to live off
Cons
Short staffed always. No catering staff
Managers are approachable. It tends to get busy from time to time but i learned a lot. Working in a hospital is new to me but i developed more about the processes and protocols and it helped me realised that i can excel in this field. I had fun working with nurses and other hospital staff and i enjoyed serving the patients and providing them with excellent customer service.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours when it gets gusy
My experience at Uniting consisted of; being bullied, overworked, not valued or heard, watching personal friends of senior staff being promoted over more experienced workers, seeing good staff leave following unfair treatment, male staff being under valued & used as "security" when a male presence was felt required for aggressive clients. I resigned due to this toxic environment.
Pros
The salary was good.
Cons
Unfair hierachy leading to poor treatment of other staff, too much favouristm shown to personal friends who can behave appallingly which is overlooked.
It’s good but needs to work more towards improving work culture and developing trust among management and nursing staff. Should have management and staff meeting at least once a year and solve the problems going around in the facility
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Needs to work towards building trust among management and staff
Loved working here until certain managers were hired who constantly bullied half the team to leave or have mental break downs. The Aboriginal unit was abandoned and Aboriginal people ghave little say on ABORIGINAL BUSINESS
I found Uniting to have good work culture. Plenty of training opportunities and a good work/life balance with time in lieu RDO’s etc. Collaborative working environment.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Salary
I recommend working here but perhaps have a backup or other job also if not fulltime. Great organisation. The opportunity to go forward comes with dedication, working according to Uniting values with strong ethics. Be non bias, motivated, accepting of cultural diversity, non judgemental, person centred, work collaboratively with clients, workers and other professionals.
good team work and excellent management, happy to work in uniting aged care, close to home , nice staffs, and nice managers, positive support, good team work
Very good training provided before start working and staff are supportive to the new staff. I really respect the value of Uniting and I wish I could work for Uniting again.
Nice place to work. As All the people very helpful. I love working in uniting. Benefits are very good as well. They have got salary package options as well.
Working in Uniting aged care feels like home. Good management, good workmates, good residents. Being at work made me feel at ease and relaxed and not thinking of any problems.
Restructuring every 3-6 months, used to be a really good place to work for before centralisation of the regions. All the original team and manager and now have moved on or made redundant.
i worked at uniting for several years before i said enough is enough. i worked in a care position and had so many struggles from day one. i tried to express this to my supervisors and their sympathy went as far as telling me if i dont like it i should leave. overall bad experience
I am very happy working here. there is a friendly environment for staff and clients. All the staffs work in team, respect each other and provide quality cares to the clients.
Being a volunteer at Uniting Care was a really good experience. The people were really nice and i regularly catch up with them. The upper management were horrible to all other paid workers/volunteers to the point where most of us, including our manger left. It was a horrible work environment towards the end, all because of the upper management.