Uniting
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at Uniting: 148 Uniting Reviews

Australia148 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Fun , productive

Overall great experience, friendly staff and lovely residents. Training and career development opportunities. However there would be a fast paced environment.

great to work for, great team work

I like a varied job, and I certainly got this at Uniting. Even though i was a cleaner, interaction with the residents needs were first priority. ( within my ability to do so)I would help out wherever needed and ended up with a few hours in the office each week.

Pros

working with a great team.

Cons

lots of overtime to be taken up. Staff shortages due to sickness or hols.

excellent

excellent service manager who always motivate you for best .excellent staff members.team workers were always help ful during my work there.if i stuck with anything they always guide me

Pros

free lunch

Poor Management

Discriminative, toxic environment . Favouritism at its peak , no support from Management.Roster are never out at time , staff doesnt know when to work next

Pros

Salary pckaging

Cons

Long hours, staff to client ratio is very poor, no appraisals, you are just a number ..

Productive and fun work

Working with uniting have been a amazing experience all workers are profesional I’m learning a lot every day also I’m very happy working with them because I have more choice to work in the laundry, kitchen and in the hostelas well. I’m going to start working with them as a care because I’ll get the certificate III Aged Care next month, I’m very excited for it 😊

Pros

Australia

Cons

8 hours

Toxic workplace culture, bullying of staff from senior management and organisational management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the residents, caring for their needs, developing person-centred care plans and leisure plans. The other positive aspect of the job was training and mentoring the junior staff. The culture within the organisation is toxic and a general "bullying" culture. Acceptance of the gay lifestyle is the focus of the organisation, instead of caring for residents.

Pros

The residents, their families and the junior staff.

Cons

As above.

Really bad culture

People been there too long and should move on to other pastures.Management does not listen to employees nor takes issues seriously.People need to love on if they aren’t happy .

Pros

Cons

Culture, long hours

Very rewarding job

Working for uniting was the most rewarding job I've ever had, it takes very special people to be able to look after someone's family member who they in trust with their love one's well-being, i was an aged carer with tuning for 3 yrs and may go back, if you have that nurturing nature and lots of patience with willingness to work in diverse settings, willingness to learn about others, Uniting is a wonderful organisation to work and meet great people, money's great too.

Pros

Travel and wait allowances

Cons

Sometimes sadness

Wilful ignorance is bliss.

Agree with everything in “Should be called “Dividing” not “Uniting”. That glass ceiling into administration: maybe it’s actually there to protect lower level staff from the toxic culture.Shame upper management don’t walk the talk - things would be a whole lot better if the Christian values preached were actually practised. Subsidiarity doesn’t exist, and systemic issues raised are ignored and scapegoated onto lower level staff.Staff asking for help are told to pull up their socks and do better. No consideration for mental health or disability — ironic!

Pros

Office close to good coffee places. Remuneration not bad.

Cons

Expected to perform many hours of unpaid overtime. Toxic culture.

Supportive team leaders and higher managers

I enjoyed working with uniting as they were professional and supportive. They provided training and paid for outside training. They provided us with uniforms and a phone

Pros

Uniforms and phone provided and permanent part time position

Cons

Required to do all 8 forms of care

Should be called “Dividing” not “Uniting”

Management place value on money not people or even procedures. Support workers are separated from participants who prefer their support. There’s a glass ceiling into the administration and good luck to you if you do manage to break through — if you don’t fit the social culture you’re out.At least the pay is good.

Pros

Remuneration good

Cons

Toxic culture

Very little to no support

I have been unable to work for 12 months after being employed by Uniting for 6 years.I had previosly worked fot 44 years in Nursing & Community Services which i enjoyed immensly.Uniting has a culture of bullying .Top heavy with teams focus of dollars not consumer focused.Management is very poor .I would not recommend Uniting to any employee or consumer.

Pros

The consumers & carers

Cons

Long days stressful workplace & no support.

They would make clicky groups snd under mine you ...

Wasn't the hsppiest environments everyone bitched behind everyone else's backs , and as sweet as pie to their face.... constant disturbances between staff

Not a great experience

20 hours perm p/t was not enough. I struggled to get enough hours to pay a living wage. There were a lot of tasks not written into the vague job description and I felt over supervised and micromanaged. The job would be more suited to someone without much education who didn’t mind someone telling them what to do all the time. It was the shortest time I have ever spent with an organisation - only one year. I loathed the m

Pros

Nice fellow employees and disability clientd

Cons

Backstabbing managers out to impress each other

Staff feedback is continually ignored, very low staff morale.

Staff are undervalued and pit against one another, there is high staff turnover. Staff who stay in their positions have learnt to bully anyone who seeks to address the issues. There is very little support for staff by Management, who foster this toxic work environment. The key focus is not the clients, staff at an individual level, or the team, but cost savings. Promotions are given to the least qualified staff in order to maintain the status quo.

Toxic workplace environment

Commencing with Uniting 4 years ago, was a rewarding experience. This deteriorated with a change of management. The workplace was rife with bullying, harassment and targeting of individuals. The workload expectations were unrealistic.

Pros

Making a difference in the lives of the aged and disabled, Working alongside some amazing colleagues.

Cons

A very toxic workplace, with management promoting friends to positions that became available.

Toxic environment

The work colleagues & clients are supportive but when it comes to management they are controlling & create a toxic environment.Huge staff turnaround and many well qualified & dedicated workers walked out due to not treating staff well. Management do not care about their own purpose & values & staff are underpaid to what is expected of role. If they had good ethical management the place may get a good reputation.

Productive and friend environment

Managers are approachable. It tends to get busy from time to time but i learned a lot. Working in a hospital is new to me but i developed more about the processes and protocols and it helped me realised that i can excel in this field. I had fun working with nurses and other hospital staff and i enjoyed serving the patients and providing them with excellent customer service.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours when it gets gusy

Good

It’s good but needs to work more towards improving work culture and developing trust among management and nursing staff. Should have management and staff meeting at least once a year and solve the problems going around in the facility

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Needs to work towards building trust among management and staff

Uniting could improve better for there workers

Loved working here until certain managers were hired who constantly bullied half the team to leave or have mental break downs. The Aboriginal unit was abandoned and Aboriginal people ghave little say on ABORIGINAL BUSINESS

Family friendly workplace

I found Uniting to have good work culture. Plenty of training opportunities and a good work/life balance with time in lieu RDO’s etc. Collaborative working environment.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uniting. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Uniting
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?