Uniting
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Uniting Culture reviews

It’s good but needs to work more towards improving work culture and developing trust among management and nursing staff. Should have management and staff meeting at least once a year and solve the problems going around in the facility
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Needs to work towards building trust among management and staff
I have been unable to work for 12 months after being employed by Uniting for 6 years.I had previosly worked fot 44 years in Nursing & Community Services which i enjoyed immensly.Uniting has a culture of bullying .Top heavy with teams focus of dollars not consumer focused.Management is very poor .I would not recommend Uniting to any employee or consumer.
Pros
The consumers & carers
Cons
Long days stressful workplace & no support.
The organisational behaviour is a very TOXIC environment and it is the entire company across the board.I had no support or direction when I started, follow team colleagues would support me when the team leader or manager was out of the office that way there was no repercussions to them. It was like working in the hunger games 'kill or be killed' the experience coursed my to have an emotional breakdown.
Pros
Client's
Cons
Nasty environment
The work colleagues & clients are supportive but when it comes to management they are controlling & create a toxic environment.Huge staff turnaround and many well qualified & dedicated workers walked out due to not treating staff well. Management do not care about their own purpose & values & staff are underpaid to what is expected of role. If they had good ethical management the place may get a good reputation.
I found Uniting to have good work culture. Plenty of training opportunities and a good work/life balance with time in lieu RDO’s etc. Collaborative working environment.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Salary
good team work and excellent management, happy to work in uniting aged care, close to home , nice staffs, and nice managers, positive support, good team work
Very good training provided before start working and staff are supportive to the new staff. I really respect the value of Uniting and I wish I could work for Uniting again.
Nice place to work. As All the people very helpful. I love working in uniting. Benefits are very good as well. They have got salary package options as well.
I am very happy working here. there is a friendly environment for staff and clients. All the staffs work in team, respect each other and provide quality cares to the clients.
This organisation loves crisis management. They know what is going to occur but not able to take pro active steps to prevent or avoid it from occurring. Invariably, the lack of action leads to crisis and then management will address it, and declare it a success story to make people feel good.. Due to our inaptness, people are always busy with crisis.. Organisation talk about good business planning but management don;t have the discipline/understanding to practise what it preaches. Very hierarchical culture, nothing moves unless it is Okey by senior management.. weighed down by incompetent exces with little BUSINESS experience. There's a lot of management speak but no tangible actions, apart from managing crisis.. SAD
Clients are wonderful Rostering have no idea as they are Sydney Management or i should say lack there of, are not there to help workers. they're just there to make sure all the correct boxes get ticked.
great aged care compared with others.if you get nice co workers its best place to work as compared to other private aged care. dementia specific and really clean areas with some great and nice people except few misfits.
Its a awesome place to work with both clients and staff all friendly and helpful A great place to meet all people from all different diversities , I totally recommend Uniting as a great place to work
Uniting is really nonprofits community I enjoy there when I worked there with team , management, and clients it’s really nice organisation. I like that place verymuch
Though Uniting had a process for on site training that was good and time consuming. Management had no respect for Aboriginal culture. I was informed one day from a work colleague "I was not allowed to talk to people alone"- 6 months after start date. I was hovered by fellow work colleagues when speaking to people in a public forum. I was told "not to tell people I was Aboriginal". My contract clearly stated I was employed as an Aboriginal LAC. Management stated she was going to cancel this contract as Uniting had NO identified positions. I was not offered work opportunities as an LAC. Management told me that fellow work colleagues were intimidated by my presence. I tried to discuss this with my immediate supervisor who told me she was unaware of this. Then they cancelled my contract stating it was from a result I could not drive. They were aware I could not drive from day one of employment.
Processing invoices Time management Satisfactory Multi culture Bigger team and there is no permanent employment Close to home and flexibility
Management allowed senior staff to bully workers . Stating it was 'hot headed Italian blood' that caused ongoing degradation intimidation by senior practice. Disappointing to see senior staff hosting culture of bullying whilst promoting staff who do so. Not the ethical business I wished to support. This happened to 3 staff
It has a great overall philosophy in helping the disadvantaged, but it has a very high turnover and people do not really enjoy their time there. Alot of management is command and control and decisions take ages to get made. There is a lot of micro management.
Pros
The fact that you are helping people
Cons
Inability to make decisions or have autonomy, micro managing culture.
Fantastic company Great pays Good training Never want to leave Great boss Great work environments Fun staff Annual leave Sick pay Workers comp Carding
Pros
Cons
Nil
The culture is quite poor and morale is low. Not really interested in staff needs or pressures. Little regard for work load Nice part of job was other staff who helped each other Learned some new systems Best part of job was the residents who were very supportive Hardest part was increasing levels of work. Requiring increasing work hours with no pay.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Low worale throughout company
Interesting place to work think you are doing a wonderful job and putting everything into it. Appears supportive unsettled environment with a lot of constant changes
Pros
outcomes for young people
Cons
exceptionally long hours