Uniting
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Uniting Management reviews

I'm contracted 43hrs fortnightly but due to the poor management, I have to work 13 days in a line. The roster is neither fairly shared by staff nor set or rotating.
Cons
Short hours shifts.
I have been unable to work for 12 months after being employed by Uniting for 6 years.I had previosly worked fot 44 years in Nursing & Community Services which i enjoyed immensly.Uniting has a culture of bullying .Top heavy with teams focus of dollars not consumer focused.Management is very poor .I would not recommend Uniting to any employee or consumer.
Pros
The consumers & carers
Cons
Long days stressful workplace & no support.
The organisational behaviour is a very TOXIC environment and it is the entire company across the board.I had no support or direction when I started, follow team colleagues would support me when the team leader or manager was out of the office that way there was no repercussions to them. It was like working in the hunger games 'kill or be killed' the experience coursed my to have an emotional breakdown.
Pros
Client's
Cons
Nasty environment
Wasn't the hsppiest environments everyone bitched behind everyone else's backs , and as sweet as pie to their face.... constant disturbances between staff
Staff are undervalued and pit against one another, there is high staff turnover. Staff who stay in their positions have learnt to bully anyone who seeks to address the issues. There is very little support for staff by Management, who foster this toxic work environment. The key focus is not the clients, staff at an individual level, or the team, but cost savings. Promotions are given to the least qualified staff in order to maintain the status quo.
Commencing with Uniting 4 years ago, was a rewarding experience. This deteriorated with a change of management. The workplace was rife with bullying, harassment and targeting of individuals. The workload expectations were unrealistic.
Pros
Making a difference in the lives of the aged and disabled, Working alongside some amazing colleagues.
Cons
A very toxic workplace, with management promoting friends to positions that became available.
The work colleagues & clients are supportive but when it comes to management they are controlling & create a toxic environment.Huge staff turnaround and many well qualified & dedicated workers walked out due to not treating staff well. Management do not care about their own purpose & values & staff are underpaid to what is expected of role. If they had good ethical management the place may get a good reputation.
My experience at Uniting consisted of; being bullied, overworked, not valued or heard, watching personal friends of senior staff being promoted over more experienced workers, seeing good staff leave following unfair treatment, male staff being under valued & used as "security" when a male presence was felt required for aggressive clients. I resigned due to this toxic environment.
Pros
The salary was good.
Cons
Unfair hierachy leading to poor treatment of other staff, too much favouristm shown to personal friends who can behave appallingly which is overlooked.
It’s good but needs to work more towards improving work culture and developing trust among management and nursing staff. Should have management and staff meeting at least once a year and solve the problems going around in the facility
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Needs to work towards building trust among management and staff
good team work and excellent management, happy to work in uniting aged care, close to home , nice staffs, and nice managers, positive support, good team work
Working in Uniting aged care feels like home. Good management, good workmates, good residents. Being at work made me feel at ease and relaxed and not thinking of any problems.
i worked at uniting for several years before i said enough is enough. i worked in a care position and had so many struggles from day one. i tried to express this to my supervisors and their sympathy went as far as telling me if i dont like it i should leave. overall bad experience
Being a volunteer at Uniting Care was a really good experience. The people were really nice and i regularly catch up with them. The upper management were horrible to all other paid workers/volunteers to the point where most of us, including our manger left. It was a horrible work environment towards the end, all because of the upper management.
Not helping. Because of some reasons I was terminated. They didn’t trust and listen to their employee and put false allegations on me. I was not with any work force or union So, I was helpless. It was the brutal decision. I begged many times and want official warning but no help or hearing. Very sad.
Revolving staff a lot of the time. Chance to further your experience and learning. Management are supportive and very approachable when you need to ask something.
An extremely rewarding workplace with good renumeration. Some aspects of the work can be very mentally taxing however the employee care from upper management is excellent.
Management is worst and too much favoritism, the attitude of some people from head office is not good towards staff, giving shifts to there favourites.
This organisation loves crisis management. They know what is going to occur but not able to take pro active steps to prevent or avoid it from occurring. Invariably, the lack of action leads to crisis and then management will address it, and declare it a success story to make people feel good.. Due to our inaptness, people are always busy with crisis.. Organisation talk about good business planning but management don;t have the discipline/understanding to practise what it preaches. Very hierarchical culture, nothing moves unless it is Okey by senior management.. weighed down by incompetent exces with little BUSINESS experience. There's a lot of management speak but no tangible actions, apart from managing crisis.. SAD
no support throughout the time I was there left to own deices no personal support from management they have not got a clue what happen outside the office unless there is a compliant. if that did come out there was criticism gave no sample of what to do when dealing with people with dishabilles
Clients are wonderful Rostering have no idea as they are Sydney Management or i should say lack there of, are not there to help workers. they're just there to make sure all the correct boxes get ticked.
Good place to work but poor pay, very good job security. Management is old style and change is not encouraged. Many managers have worked in the company fr over 10 years and very protective to maintain status quo.