Uniting
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Uniting Pay & Benefits reviews

It’s good but needs to work more towards improving work culture and developing trust among management and nursing staff. Should have management and staff meeting at least once a year and solve the problems going around in the facility
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Needs to work towards building trust among management and staff
My experience at Uniting consisted of; being bullied, overworked, not valued or heard, watching personal friends of senior staff being promoted over more experienced workers, seeing good staff leave following unfair treatment, male staff being under valued & used as "security" when a male presence was felt required for aggressive clients. I resigned due to this toxic environment.
Pros
The salary was good.
Cons
Unfair hierachy leading to poor treatment of other staff, too much favouristm shown to personal friends who can behave appallingly which is overlooked.
I found Uniting to have good work culture. Plenty of training opportunities and a good work/life balance with time in lieu RDO’s etc. Collaborative working environment.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Salary
Nice place to work. As All the people very helpful. I love working in uniting. Benefits are very good as well. They have got salary package options as well.
everything is good except the working hour limitations for the worker. have to travel from one work to another for one work, some time have to travel more than half hour, for half hour work.
Pros
free advices
Cons
limited hours
I have been in the industry for 25 years. I have worked in some pretty bad places. Then I found Uniting. It was a bit of a bumpy ride at first, but then I got to know the care staff and residents. I was given an opportunity as a CSE cert iv, to become what they now call a Homemaker. I love the Home Model, Facility manager, DSM, and all admin staff are great! I have an awesome, beautiful dedicated team that I am lucky enough to work with. We have an employee assistance program, free online courses, and I am sure many more opportunities to come. I used to work PM and ND shifts, but now, I work 7 days in a roster. Love it..love it..love it! I also love building that special relationships with the families. I can not recommend Uniting highly enough! I am still currently employed, and don’t plan on leaving anytime soon!
Pros
Salary packaging, work with a beautiful, dedicated team.
Cons
Fantastic company Great pays Good training Never want to leave Great boss Great work environments Fun staff Annual leave Sick pay Workers comp Carding
Pros
Cons
Nil
Has been good employment for me, personally. Supportive Manager and co-workers. Good working environment. The hours are good for most employees. zzzzz
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Casual employment
Good place to work, very supportive coworker. Management is very supportive. Good work culture. Very convenient, close to Parramatta shopping centre. Good salary.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not many shifts available
Good Payrate Good shifts Friendly staffs and other stakeholders. Employee benefits available Suitable even for students Salary Packaging available Close from Public transport
the organisation is undergoing a difficult move from a regional controlled operation to a central focus. change is slow to materialise and the benefits are not evident. Communication is often slow or breaks down. Despite internal problems the staff continue to deliver high quality service and never waiver from their commitment to client care.
Pros
working with passionate people
Cons
communication breakdown and lack of leadership
the hardest thing is when there is a lot of traffic but its also fun because i get to talk to the children also im good at managing my time at the morning and after non
Cons
Realky injoyed working with the older people in the nursing home loved my job enjoyed it to the tee would go work back there anyday its a really good work place
Pros
Free lunch
Uniting is embedded in local communities across Australia. It offers good salary sacrifice arrangements and is in the forefront of taking a person centered approach to all of its care roles. Being such a large organisation there are advancement possibilities especially for those willing to be flexible around location.
Pros
A thoughtful and person centered employer
Cons
generally low salaries
Uniting are a good Company to work for but at the moment they are more Task orientated than Person Centre Care Staff spend more time Cleaning than they do with the Residents The manager is New and there are a lot of changes The hardest part of the job is not having enough one on one time with Residents The most enjoyable part of the Job is making the residents aware that they are being cared for and putting a smile on there face most times
Pros
some great staff, salary packaging and free meals
Cons
not enough time spent with residents
Too many managers and too many making silly decisions No work-life balance Was responsible for working on critical business infrastructure but not trusted to work from home or other locations other than head office. No money gets spent on anything of importance. When childcare centres have to run their own independant fundraisers so they can buy stationary there is an issue.
Never been so stressed in my life for the low pay and rediculous work load is not worth the job. So many paper works and barely anytime to care for the resident. I went home and cried everyday. The cleaning staffs get the same pay and less stress.
Pros
Uniform Supplied
Cons
Constantly working back to get through the paper work and not getting paid for it
Changes in past 3 years have made Uniting an unpleasant workplace. Very little room for advancement. Bullying is not addressed appropriately.
Pros
good salary
Cons
toxic culture
I am happy with my co workers,I am a good team player there is no such hard at work if you work as a team.I am enjoying my work. I am happy to assist and give every resident care needs as per my shift,assisted in the activity,serving a tea with every resident and feed,walk with them and communicate,and I am happy to do extra shift.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
In my organization my all co-workers are very good, caring and enjoyable. I always enjoy my work. Management all good and helping every time when we need.
Pros
free tea
Cons
normal hours
I learnt lot of safety work program how to cominucate with different culture.
Pros
free
Cons
long hour