Uniting

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance
3.4Pay & Benefits

Good

It’s good but needs to work more towards improving work culture and developing trust among management and nursing staff. Should have management and staff meeting at least once a year and solve the problems going around in the facility

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Needs to work towards building trust among management and staff

Poor Management

Discriminative, toxic environment . Favouritism at its peak , no support from Management.Roster are never out at time , staff doesnt know when to work next

Pros

Salary pckaging

Cons

Long hours, staff to client ratio is very poor, no appraisals, you are just a number ..

Wilful ignorance is bliss.

Agree with everything in “Should be called “Dividing” not “Uniting”. That glass ceiling into administration: maybe it’s actually there to protect lower level staff from the toxic culture.Shame upper management don’t walk the talk - things would be a whole lot better if the Christian values preached were actually practised. Subsidiarity doesn’t exist, and systemic issues raised are ignored and scapegoated onto lower level staff.Staff asking for help are told to pull up their socks and do better. No consideration for mental health or disability — ironic!

Pros

Office close to good coffee places. Remuneration not bad.

Cons

Expected to perform many hours of unpaid overtime. Toxic culture.

Family friendly workplace

I found Uniting to have good work culture. Plenty of training opportunities and a good work/life balance with time in lieu RDO’s etc. Collaborative working environment.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Salary

Nice work place

Nice place to work. As All the people very helpful. I love working in uniting. Benefits are very good as well. They have got salary package options as well.

Just like home

Working in Uniting aged care feels like home. Good management, good workmates, good residents. Being at work made me feel at ease and relaxed and not thinking of any problems.

fair productive

everything is good except the working hour limitations for the worker. have to travel from one work to another for one work, some time have to travel more than half hour, for half hour work.

Pros

free advices

Cons

limited hours

I love working for Uniting!

I have been in the industry for 25 years. I have worked in some pretty bad places. Then I found Uniting. It was a bit of a bumpy ride at first, but then I got to know the care staff and residents. I was given an opportunity as a CSE cert iv, to become what they now call a Homemaker. I love the Home Model, Facility manager, DSM, and all admin staff are great! I have an awesome, beautiful dedicated team that I am lucky enough to work with. We have an employee assistance program, free online courses, and I am sure many more opportunities to come. I used to work PM and ND shifts, but now, I work 7 days in a roster. Love it..love it..love it! I also love building that special relationships with the families. I can not recommend Uniting highly enough! I am still currently employed, and don’t plan on leaving anytime soon!

Pros

Salary packaging, work with a beautiful, dedicated team.

Excellent

Fantastic company Great pays Good training Never want to leave Great boss Great work environments Fun staff Annual leave Sick pay Workers comp Carding

Pros

Cons

Nil

Fun place to work.

Good place to work, very supportive coworker. Management is very supportive. Good work culture. Very convenient, close to Parramatta shopping centre. Good salary.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Not many shifts available

Excellent Company

Good Payrate Good shifts Friendly staffs and other stakeholders. Employee benefits available Suitable even for students Salary Packaging available Close from Public transport

a caring workforce

the organisation is undergoing a difficult move from a regional controlled operation to a central focus. change is slow to materialise and the benefits are not evident. Communication is often slow or breaks down. Despite internal problems the staff continue to deliver high quality service and never waiver from their commitment to client care.

Pros

working with passionate people

Cons

communication breakdown and lack of leadership

Work place

Realky injoyed working with the older people in the nursing home loved my job enjoyed it to the tee would go work back there anyday its a really good work place

Pros

Free lunch

An innovative and person centered organisation

Uniting is embedded in local communities across Australia. It offers good salary sacrifice arrangements and is in the forefront of taking a person centered approach to all of its care roles. Being such a large organisation there are advancement possibilities especially for those willing to be flexible around location.

Pros

A thoughtful and person centered employer

Cons

generally low salaries

Ok place to work plenty of staff meetings to voice your opinion on how things are going

Uniting are a good Company to work for but at the moment they are more Task orientated than Person Centre Care Staff spend more time Cleaning than they do with the Residents The manager is New and there are a lot of changes The hardest part of the job is not having enough one on one time with Residents The most enjoyable part of the Job is making the residents aware that they are being cared for and putting a smile on there face most times

Pros

some great staff, salary packaging and free meals

Cons

not enough time spent with residents

Horrible culture

Too many managers and too many making silly decisions No work-life balance Was responsible for working on critical business infrastructure but not trusted to work from home or other locations other than head office. No money gets spent on anything of importance. When childcare centres have to run their own independant fundraisers so they can buy stationary there is an issue.

Unrelalistic work load for Care Servce Employees

Never been so stressed in my life for the low pay and rediculous work load is not worth the job. So many paper works and barely anytime to care for the resident. I went home and cried everyday. The cleaning staffs get the same pay and less stress.

Pros

Uniform Supplied

Cons

Constantly working back to get through the paper work and not getting paid for it

Unpleasant management culture

Changes in past 3 years have made Uniting an unpleasant workplace. Very little room for advancement. Bullying is not addressed appropriately.

Pros

good salary

Cons

toxic culture

Enjoying the activities at work

I am happy with my co workers,I am a good team player there is no such hard at work if you work as a team.I am enjoying my work. I am happy to assist and give every resident care needs as per my shift,assisted in the activity,serving a tea with every resident and feed,walk with them and communicate,and I am happy to do extra shift.

Pros

free lunch

fun workplace

In my organization my all co-workers are very good, caring and enjoyable. I always enjoy my work. Management all good and helping every time when we need.

Pros

free tea

Cons

normal hours

productive

I learnt lot of safety work program how to cominucate with different culture.

Pros

free

Cons

long hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uniting. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Uniting
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?