Uniting
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Uniting Work–Life Balance reviews

everything is good except the working hour limitations for the worker. have to travel from one work to another for one work, some time have to travel more than half hour, for half hour work.
Pros
free advices
Cons
limited hours
Managers are approachable. It tends to get busy from time to time but i learned a lot. Working in a hospital is new to me but i developed more about the processes and protocols and it helped me realised that i can excel in this field. I had fun working with nurses and other hospital staff and i enjoyed serving the patients and providing them with excellent customer service.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours when it gets gusy
I found Uniting to have good work culture. Plenty of training opportunities and a good work/life balance with time in lieu RDO’s etc. Collaborative working environment.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Salary
Working in Uniting aged care feels like home. Good management, good workmates, good residents. Being at work made me feel at ease and relaxed and not thinking of any problems.
Not helping. Because of some reasons I was terminated. They didn’t trust and listen to their employee and put false allegations on me. I was not with any work force or union So, I was helpless. It was the brutal decision. I begged many times and want official warning but no help or hearing. Very sad.
Processing invoices Time management Satisfactory Multi culture Bigger team and there is no permanent employment Close to home and flexibility
It has a great overall philosophy in helping the disadvantaged, but it has a very high turnover and people do not really enjoy their time there. Alot of management is command and control and decisions take ages to get made. There is a lot of micro management.
Pros
The fact that you are helping people
Cons
Inability to make decisions or have autonomy, micro managing culture.
lots of work available while you are casual. not enough support to be able to move upwards within the company. work life balance is hard to maintain. residents are amazing to work with
The people I worked with were great. the job itself was awesome. I had some issues with the management and then massive issues with work life balance, this was not ok and needed review
Interesting place to work think you are doing a wonderful job and putting everything into it. Appears supportive unsettled environment with a lot of constant changes
Pros
outcomes for young people
Cons
exceptionally long hours
Massive scale of infrastructure and huge staff slowed the capacity for innovation with senior level people interested in playing management games rather than innovation.
Pros
Capacity for independence of thought to discover new angles.
Cons
Bureaucracy to gain agreement to strategy.
Great company, who helps those most in need. Was a pleasure to meet the participants in my area of the company, and made many friends within the staff.
Great team environment, Lots of excellent training, Great workplace culture, Long hours - can be confronting with clients behaviours Meet a lot of new people and learn about other people and their culture, traditions, customs
Pros
Get team culture
Cons
As a Carer you "hit the ground running" on day shift. Afternoon shift is still busy but not so much as days. You need to be a very patient person with a heart of gold. This is not a job you do for money or just a job. Your heart has to be truly in it. I have learnt to have an open mind. Managements door is always open and approachable. Workplace culture is a family atmosphere. Hardest part of the job would be the managing aggressive Clients. Not being able to spend public holidays with your family. This industry is 24/7, 365 day a week. Most enjoyable part The people you are caring for and staff working with. You have a sense of achievement of helping someone with their day to day needs.
Pros
the people
Cons
low wage, no public holiday's
Excellent place to work, great team culture and placed a big emphasis on professional development. Uniting was always very flexible around my work hours and I was given opportunities to explore other aspects of the organisation.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Intense work
Staff regularly hung out to dry particularly by upper management. Their mission statement is definitely not put into practice where staff are concerned. Trying to drag ILU into 21st century with no or very little help for their managers. Managers under incredible strain & Area Managers are really only concerned about their own jobs & how they look to the Pitt Street office.
Cons
Incredibly long hours
loved working with my boss tori at detroit crescene it was voluntry and got me back in working with people. I still visit to say hello and buy things sometimes
Pros
meeting people
Cons
not payed work
the hardest thing is when there is a lot of traffic but its also fun because i get to talk to the children also im good at managing my time at the morning and after non
Cons
Uniting is embedded in local communities across Australia. It offers good salary sacrifice arrangements and is in the forefront of taking a person centered approach to all of its care roles. Being such a large organisation there are advancement possibilities especially for those willing to be flexible around location.
Pros
A thoughtful and person centered employer
Cons
generally low salaries
There is not much support for staff management are not supportive the client that are glad when you arrive as you maybe the only one they see being able to put a smile on some ones face
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours
Too many managers and too many making silly decisions No work-life balance Was responsible for working on critical business infrastructure but not trusted to work from home or other locations other than head office. No money gets spent on anything of importance. When childcare centres have to run their own independant fundraisers so they can buy stationary there is an issue.