UnitingCare Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

UnitingCare Health Employee Reviews

Australia28 reviews
UnitingCare offices are modern and facilities good. There is a high turnover of staff who seem to be overworked and do not have an inclusive culture.
Job uncertainty
Pros
Values
Cons
High turnover of staff
Unfortunately large Companies do not care about the staff who work on the ground. They are all about funding and accreditation. Its a shame as they say they are client focused?
Pros
The clients
Cons
too big a company to REALLY care
I spend most of my time in day surgery doing work between providing refreshments for post-op patients. The staff are appreciative and helpful. The hardest part of the job is boredom while the best part is knowing you're being helpful. I have learned a lot about customer service as well as new skills. For example, I'm more confident and can communicate with members of the public more easily.
Goldilocks and the Three Bears" is a 19th-century fairy tale of which three versions exist. The original version of tale tells of a badly-behaved old woman who enters the forest home of three bachelor bears whilst they are away. She sits in their chairs, eats some of their porridge, and sleeps in one of their beds.
Pros
God
Cons
God
this is a terrible place to work - the gown and glove

the managers just dont care about anything but themselves

the place is cold, and they dont care about you at all

there doesn't seem to be any direction at all and your job is always in doubt
Pros
Cons
everything
the restaurant gown and glove is the worst place possible to work in the city.

the manager mark myors is a useless idiot who doesnt seem to know anything, and couldnt care any less.

the managers are completely hopeless

avoid this manager at all costs

i would rate this company no stars if i could
Pros
Cons
manager is stupid
Patient care in the surgical theatres from pre surgery to recovery.
Setting up theatres, assisting with patient positioning and surgery prep.

Cleaning theatres and making sure equipment is ready for the next surgery
Very new modern facility, Friendly co-workers. Work is enjoyable just not enough hours. Shifts can be cancelled at short notice. No stability with hours when patient numbers are down.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not many hours some weeks.Shifts cancelled at short notice
I learn to work with people that are hard to work with and still have a smile on my face and time management and how just to keeping going with long hours
I found the Wesley Hospital to be very helpful and understanding and very professional for both myself and my Wife's needs over the
12 Year battle my wife had with Cancer.

The support we received was outstanding from all the various

" Staff and Doctors and Wesley Choices - Cancer support ",and was of a very caring and supportive nature all the way thru to the end of life for my wife Maryanne.

In regards to my volunteer work in the cottage at the Wesley Hospital.

I enjoy the various duties i for fill and all the lovely people and staff and management that work within the Volunteer Cottage.

I " Enjoy " giving something back to the Wesley Hospital for all the help and support they provided us during our time of need.

The culture within the Wesley Hospital i found is to treat everyone as equal,no matter of their Race,Colour,Religion,Sex,and to treat all information we see as Confidential.
Pros
Free Parking & Lunch if you work for 4Hrs in a day.
Cons
No Cons. The duries are various and have no set time limit.
it is a good place to work, it has a lot cultural employees ,
the hardest part of this job is getting an interview when you would like one.

It great.
Pros
Happy Place
Cons
I really enjoyed working at the Hospital. The atmosphere was really great and I really felt i was part of a team and able to provide quality care/work for patients and the ward. The staff and management were friendly and great to work for.
Pros
Generous with staff benefits
Cons
pay level could of been higher
A wonderful place to work at! learnt lots as a student in the cardiology ward for my last placement. wonderful and supportive staff. Good pt approach throughout the wards! :)
The Wesley Hospital provided a great foundational education for me as a new graduate registered nurse.
The day was composed of setting up the theatre, gathering instruments and equipment, discussing the day with the surgical and anaesthetic team, performing the operations, lunch, providing the afternoon staff with tea relief, setting up for the following days list.

Management and culture of the Wesley were generally quite good and upbeat. They performed rounds to the theatre to ensure everyone was getting breaks and had the support they required. They were available to the floor staff when issues occurred.

Long hours, occasionally without breaks.

The whole team is fantastic to work with and incredibly supportive. It really is one big family.
Pros
Well stocked tea room. Supportive team.
Cons
Sometimes missed meal breaks
At Unitingcare you can work in your own pace and there will be someone to help you and you are doing a household model where you will learn more about person centred care for elderly people.
Cons
Rosters hours
A stressful job if you don't put in 100% to staying organised, sterile and compassionate. Otherwise, it is rewarding with good benefits.The staff are lovely and run a tight ship.
Pros
morning shifts give you the day to yourself
Cons
need a great memory, mentally draining
what management they have had is good if they would just keep them long enough ,in the cleaning field they change managers to often that dose impact on the workers
Fantastic Company to work for. The pay could be a little better but I'm quite sure most people would say the same about their jobs. I've worked for QML for almost 10 years and have enjoyed it thoroughly.
Pros
Staff, Management, home/work flexibility.
Cons
Pay rate
Working for a specialist at The Wesley Hospital. Great and professional work environment with very good management. The culture is good with people willing to help out where possible in terms of training needs
Cons
Position is only casual i.e. three days a week
a nice place to work positive supportive culture good management
staff are respected family type feel about working along with a level of professionalism
shows the commitment of (your business name)’s management and workers to health and safety
aims to remove or reduce the risks to the health, safety and welfare of all workers, contractors and visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our business operations

aims to ensure all work activities are done safely.