UnitingCare Health Employee Reviews

bad place
3rd year apprentice (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 March 2019
this is a terrible place to work - the gown and glove

the managers just dont care about anything but themselves

the place is cold, and they dont care about you at all

there doesn't seem to be any direction at all and your job is always in doubt
Pros
Cons
everything
do not work there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 March 2019
the restaurant gown and glove is the worst place possible to work in the city.

the manager mark myors is a useless idiot who doesnt seem to know anything, and couldnt care any less.

the managers are completely hopeless

avoid this manager at all costs

i would rate this company no stars if i could
Pros
Cons
manager is stupid
Friendly place to work , hours can change each week.
Patient Administration/Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD17 November 2018
Very new modern facility, Friendly co-workers. Work is enjoyable just not enough hours. Shifts can be cancelled at short notice. No stability with hours when patient numbers are down.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not many hours some weeks.Shifts cancelled at short notice
nope
Orderly and Bed Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 September 2018
I learn to work with people that are hard to work with and still have a smile on my face and time management and how just to keeping going with long hours
I enjoy working at the Wesley Hospital and giving something back to the Wesley for all the help and support they provided us during our time of need.
Volunteer - The Cottage Support Worker - Advisor (Current Employee) –  Auchenflower QLD1 August 2018
I found the Wesley Hospital to be very helpful and understanding and very professional for both myself and my Wife's needs over the
12 Year battle my wife had with Cancer.
The support we received was outstanding from all the various
" Staff and Doctors and Wesley Choices - Cancer support ",and was of a very caring and supportive nature all the way thru to the end of life for my wife Maryanne.
In regards to my volunteer work in the cottage at the Wesley Hospital.
I enjoy the various duties i for fill and all the lovely people and staff and management that work within the Volunteer Cottage.
I " Enjoy " giving something back to the Wesley Hospital for all the help and support they provided us during our time of need.
The culture within the Wesley Hospital i found is to treat everyone as equal,no matter of their Race,Colour,Religion,Sex,and to treat all information we see as Confidential.
Pros
Free Parking & Lunch if you work for 4Hrs in a day.
Cons
No Cons. The duries are various and have no set time limit.
Managent
Ward Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Toowong17 June 2018
it is a good place to work, it has a lot cultural employees ,
the hardest part of this job is getting an interview when you would like one.
It great.
Pros
Happy Place
Good Working Environment
Ward Receptionist Ward 5B (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly QLD25 February 2018
I really enjoyed working at the Hospital. The atmosphere was really great and I really felt i was part of a team and able to provide quality care/work for patients and the ward. The staff and management were friendly and great to work for.
Pros
Generous with staff benefits
Cons
pay level could of been higher
Supportive, understanding and enthusiastic staff
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  St Andrews War Memorial9 January 2018
A wonderful place to work at! learnt lots as a student in the cardiology ward for my last placement. wonderful and supportive staff. Good pt approach throughout the wards! :)
Welcoming and friendly
Registered Nurse (Operating Theatres) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 August 2017
The Wesley Hospital provided a great foundational education for me as a new graduate registered nurse.
The day was composed of setting up the theatre, gathering instruments and equipment, discussing the day with the surgical and anaesthetic team, performing the operations, lunch, providing the afternoon staff with tea relief, setting up for the following days list.
Management and culture of the Wesley were generally quite good and upbeat. They performed rounds to the theatre to ensure everyone was getting breaks and had the support they required. They were available to the floor staff when issues occurred.
Long hours, occasionally without breaks.
The whole team is fantastic to work with and incredibly supportive. It really is one big family.
Pros
Well stocked tea room. Supportive team.
Cons
Sometimes missed meal breaks
Stress free working environment
Care Service Employee/Chef (Former Employee) –  Peakhurst NSW24 June 2017
At Unitingcare you can work in your own pace and there will be someone to help you and you are doing a household model where you will learn more about person centred care for elderly people.
Cons
Rosters hours
Social environment and keeps you busy
Casual Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 April 2017
A stressful job if you don't put in 100% to staying organised, sterile and compassionate. Otherwise, it is rewarding with good benefits.The staff are lovely and run a tight ship.
Pros
morning shifts give you the day to yourself
Cons
need a great memory, mentally draining
hard part of the job
Ward Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auchenflower Brisbane8 March 2017
what management they have had is good if they would just keep them long enough ,in the cleaning field they change managers to often that dose impact on the workers
A great Company to work for.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 February 2017
Fantastic Company to work for. The pay could be a little better but I'm quite sure most people would say the same about their jobs. I've worked for QML for almost 10 years and have enjoyed it thoroughly.
Pros
Staff, Management, home/work flexibility.
Cons
Pay rate
Private hospital
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Auchenflower QLD30 January 2017
Working for a specialist at The Wesley Hospital. Great and professional work environment with very good management. The culture is good with people willing to help out where possible in terms of training needs
Cons
Position is only casual i.e. three days a week
compasionate great culture
Manger of Food Service (Head Chef) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD30 August 2016
a nice place to work positive supportive culture good management
staff are respected family type feel about working along with a level of professionalism
a safe working environment safe systems of work plant and substances in safe condition facilities for the welfare of all workers any information, inst
Kitchen Steward (Current Employee) –  451 Coronation Dr.Auchenflower Qld.,406619 March 2016
shows the commitment of (your business name)’s management and workers to health and safety
aims to remove or reduce the risks to the health, safety and welfare of all workers, contractors and visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our business operations
aims to ensure all work activities are done safely.
Not that good
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD29 June 2015
Uncertainty throughout the workforce regarding job security. CEO isn't interested in anyone apart from himself. No advancement. Pay isn't too bad as you get some good benefits. If you offered it would carry you for the time being.
Innovation in digital hospitals
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Brisbane / Hervey Bay5 December 2014
UnitingCare Health have just completed Australia's first HIMSS Level 6 Digital Hospital located at Hervey Bay. Worked alongside a great team of clinical professionals and senior management that provided their fill support to build the new facility.
Pros
Exposure to clinical biomed devices and workflow practices
Best Job I had so Far
PSA/Patience Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland19 October 2014
Awesome people Great environment Good Routines Helpful work mates&great bosses.
Pros
The support from all other staff
Cons
Not to many
hard work but good salary and nice staff to work with
Barista (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD5 May 2014
extremely tough shifts with hard deadlines and strict rules and regulations to follow, very much under the pump at all times but good salary and really good staff to work with so the work was always rewarding.
Pros
good opportunity for career progression and
Cons
deadlines were sometimes hard to meet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitingCare Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2