UnitingCare Health
View all UnitingCare Health reviews

UnitingCare Health

UnitingCare Health Employee Review

Some lovely people to work with but be prepared to be worked into the ground.

No career advancement as the place is full of dinosaurs. Don’t get sick or grieve for too long if a family member passes away, you’ll get no support except to be offered the EAP and then be coerced into reducing hours or going back to casual employment. Workloads are dangerous, no ratios of nurse to patients like public hospitals. Equipment is old and broken. People keep working there because the parking is free.

Pros

Some lovely, dedicated co-workers.

Cons

Overworked and don’t value or care for staff.

Same role

Excellent employer, great wages, top shift premiums, ample annual leave

I really enjoyed my time at The Wesley Hospital, it was a pleasant work environment. Most wards offer self rostering so your life doesn't revolve around work. It pays to work the less desirable shifts i.e. weekends, night duty, and with 5 weeks of annual leave a year you never feel too stressed.

Pros

great location, modern facilities

Cons

staff to patient ratio can get high
Same location

Volunteer position with oppotunities

I spend most of my time in day surgery doing work between providing refreshments for post-op patients. The staff are appreciative and helpful. The hardest part of the job is boredom while the best part is knowing you're being helpful. I have learned a lot about customer service as well as new skills. For example, I'm more confident and can communicate with members of the public more easily.

Good workplace. Looks after its' staff. Salary was higher than other places.

Supportive staff and management. I really enjoyed my time working for Uniting Care. I gave me great foundations of nursing care and helped me transition to being a registered nurse. I still know people who work here and enjoy it.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Night shifts but that's all healthcare not just here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitingCare Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare UnitingCare Health with

Learn about UnitingCare Health in popular locations

• UnitingCare Health
  • Some lovely people to work with but be prepared to be worked into the ground.