University Of Canberra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University Of Canberra Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews
Interesting work, supervising tertiary student examinations. Attending to the various procedures and regulations outlined by the Examinations Department, so that examinations are conducted fairly and equitably.
UC HR Dept don’t care about people there is a culture of bullying in the academic staff particularly in the Faculty of Art & Design - no one cares investigates it’s allowed to go on you take it or you leave you’re the problem
Pros
Students & teaching
Cons
Long hours overwork expectations of academics is too stressful
I am Student here and starting my course now. Onboarding and overall experience for a student like is awesome. The campus looks good and the course structure that I am enrolled looks exciting.
Toxic Work Culture and Egoistic Human Resources department. Each higher management official has his or her own personal agenda matters and do not care for staff in any way. Neither willing to learn good practices from peer Universities nor ready for feedback. The best way to succeed here is to sing praises for the head of your department even when sleeping.
A highly organized and hard-working individual looking for a responsible position to gain practical experience. management skills
- workplace culture

- enjoyable and exciting
Working directly for a professor at UC is rewarding when it comes to experience and possible networking options, but rarely rewarding when it comes to payment or stability.

Recommended for dedicated academics only.
No enforcement of serious misconduct, bullying or WHS policies. No skills development and therefore no advancement for the little guy. Poor management in professional offices.
UC has a huge no of International students. To teach them about marketing was an amazing experience. Managing the demand of diversified students is difficult, even though I am enjoying It.
Pros
UC has sufficient research facility.
Cons
Student leading teaching system is a main disadvantage of UC
Working with the university of Canberra in the Architecture and Design department was of great benefit to me in my development as an architect and helped assist me in continuing to create work contacts and scout out future talent for my employers.
I loved Working at the University of Canberra as it provided great work life balance, caring staff, future work possibilities and variety of skills and services.
This kob involved assisting students with their records, registration and orientation. We also assisteed disabled students or those that couldn't make it to lecture take notes.
Units were run Monday - Friday 8:30am - 9:30pm and on Saturdays.
A relatively new university (under 50 years) with good ambitions. Teaching facilities improving all the time and with more on campus accommodation campus facilities are also improving in terms of choice. This is important as the campus is not as close to external establishments such as those found in the large capital cities.
Pros
Improving facilities.
Cons
Cold in winter.
I was on contract through the university for several months. The pay rate is amazing and the people I worked with were always lovely, friendly and helpful. Loved my experience here.
Pros
The pay, the people
Cons
Pays fortnightly and must meet pay deadline
Staff were very good, I learnt lot things from my seniors. My management was very good. I really enjoyed the customer service job
As a postgraduate researcher had many opportunities to be a leader in preparing and independently working on research. The first several months I had read books and journal articles prior to beginning research. Then I prepared my projects through my own innovations as well as with advice from supervisors.
Pros
create own schedule
Cons
misunderstandings