University of Central lancashire Employee Reviews

Fun and productive place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire30 August 2019
I usually work in laboratory whereby I carry out my experiments.
I have done some teaching at university and supervised postgraduate students.

I would like t work in another sector to be able to acquire more experiences
Professional and friendly
Intern (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire29 August 2019
Overall I found the environment to be professional but friendly. The other staff were welcoming and happy to help. Sometimes tedious tasks but always manageable workload.
Fun and interactive
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  University of central lancashire25 August 2019
Fun and Interactive work environment. However, a little chaotic due to the number of staff, too many people to organise between.

A typical day would be meeting and greeting prospective students with their parents, showing them around the university and answering any questions they may have had. This role also provided office work by filling in information of potential students onto the online database.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, pay and hours were irregular
Fun and fulfilling workplace
WELCOME TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Preston25 July 2019
I worked here as a member of the Welcome Team. A typical day for me included signing in and changing into my uniform. I mainly worked the city and campus tours which involved taking a group of potential students and their families around the city/campus on a 30-40min tour. Explaining what student life is like and answering any questions before directing them where they can see further sights at UCLan. I learned time management and how to correctly address questions should I not be aware of the answer (directing them to someone who I believed would know). This was an enjoyable and easy feeling job - I admit I didn't feel any stress whilst working here/
Pros
Lovely people to work with, paid training days.
Cons
Long hours.
Great staff
Full time Psychology Student (Former Employee) –  Lancashire10 July 2019
being a student at Uclan is a fun and challenging experience,
great support provided from lecturers and supervisors,
great balance between exams and coursework
One of the best places I have ever worked in.
EAP Tutor (Former Employee) –  Preston28 May 2019
Awesome team.
Great management.
Supportive manager and stuff.
Great location.
Admin team are so friendly and helpful all the time.
I would like to work there forever.
Great support
Special Projects Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Preston26 April 2019
Great support for students at university as the pay is great, the hours are flexible to suit personal circumstances and great variety of opportunities to try different roles.
Great atmosphere
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire30 March 2019
Everyone is friendly and welcoming. So many opportunities are available through this role to get involved with which are available to all student ambassadors to apply for.
I look forward to going to work!
Fun place of work, with friendly bosses
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Preston15 March 2019
A good place to work with a friendly team with the same goals in mind. Bosses are easy to approach with any problems that I may have. Great paid work for a student.
Pros
Happy friendly place to work and great salary
Cons
Long hours sometimes
fun place to work
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Preston17 January 2019
great place to work, good shifts great student job good management and co workers.flexible hours and good pay for a student, uniform provided and weekly pay
Sufficient introduction to teaching and mentoring
Mathematics Ambassador & PASS Leader (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire2 January 2019
Being a PASS leader meant mentoring new students of the University of Central Lancashire and assisting them on both study and social life. Most of the work resolved around teaching key basic topics, which was challenging and enjoyable.

PASS leadership was only contracted for one year though so there was no real advancement.
Great
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, UK5 December 2018
This role was voluntary and so I was not paid or necessarily required to attend every day. Because of this, I cannot comment on salary or work/life balance.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the university.
student (Former Employee) –  uk3 December 2018
University of Central Lancashire is a Great institute with well equip facilities. the staff are friendly, caring, passionate and they make learning more easier for students. i like the institute structure and the way they are organized. the only hard time i had was when i have three courses deadline the same week.
Ideal place to work
Human Resources Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lancashire, UK28 November 2018
Ideal place to work, management are down to earth the culture is vibrant and overall a good place to work.

Flexi hours are a bonus and generally a positive environment
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
n/a
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire26 November 2018
I was a student here not an employee I cannot comment on experience of working here. My experience as a student was positive but I cannot comment on the working culture at this establishment.
Pros
na
Cons
Na
Fun people to work with
SPH Associate Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Preston18 November 2018
Preparing work for relevant modules. approval of syllabus by senior lecturers. The environment is very good, challenging moments would be when students are asking about subjects that will follow in the coming lectures.
Productive and fun work place
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Lancashire12 November 2018
The work environment is very friendly and flexible, with good opportunities for learning and improving different skills. They provide each new ambassador with full training on different roles and tasks and full briefing prior any payed working shift. Furthermore, they provide free uniform for each ambassador. In addition, they keep a very good contact with the ambassadors during the working shifts.
Pros
Flexible, cooperation
Cons
transient
volunteer
Assistant Volunteer Science Festival (Former Employee) –  Lancashire5 October 2018
very very very exciting. learned to work well as part of a team. it was a very friendly working environment with different tasks every day. i learned a lot workong in this fast-paced environment
Brilliant organisation
Officer (Former Employee) –  Preston31 August 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at UCLan SU and would love to return if I was to move pack to Preston. Brilliannt staff team and incredibly supportive and motivated.
ok here we go
Student Midwife (Former Employee) –  Preston25 August 2018
Bullied, victimised, assaulted, treated like a piece of dirt, talked about, encouraged to bully other midwives and students, at times ignored and called horrid names in front of service users. Uni did nothing to help when told of the conditions at the hospital placements.
Pros
non
Cons
everything