University of Melbourne Employee Reviews

Serious research environment
Research Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 March 2019
A great environment to get exposed to various techniques and research culture,
A good place to make contacts and get motivated to stay in the field of biological research and learn how to work autonomously.
Working at The University of Melbourne
Anatomy Tutor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 February 2019
I love teaching at The University of Melbourne because the teaching staff is communicative, helpful and very collaborative. Since 2011 I dissect human cadaver and my job is to help the students to dissect, detect and confirm anatomical variations. I also encourage them to publish them, because through anatomical variations is the best way to learn anatomy.
Good
PhD Scholar (Current Employee) –  Parkville VIC4 February 2019
Lovely place to work, Nice environment and good treatment of Employees. Takes care of employees very well. good pay for the work done and motivates for better work.
Productive workplace - Focused on student needs
Subject Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 February 2019
Excellent environment to work
Lots of encouragement and opportunities to learn and grow as an economist. At the university we have acess to the best minds in Agriculture and this has given me the opportunity to grow at a rapid rate
Pros
excellent people resources - best minds in agriculture
Good environment to learn
Career Break: Master degree (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 January 2019
Really good experiece and excelent teachers.
I have learned so much in a short period. Academically, my coursework has provided me with in-depth technical knowledge in the field of Engineering and business management techniques. Along with it, various assignments and group case/projects during the course has taught me how to perform well by working in teams and strive towards the greater output.
Pros
Excelent teachers
Cons
More interaction with students needs
Political office Nightmare
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 January 2019
I found it really difficult to do the job well when I was being told to pass students no matter what. It is a nightmare to see some of the politics being played just so numbers can be met no matter what.
Melb Uni lab assistant
Laboratory assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 January 2019
I was a lab assistant at Melbourne University, the grad students I were working with were friendly and smart and I learnt a lot in this position. Very good place to work but I'm guessing it depends on department.
Great
Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 November 2018
Learnt and undertook the core functions of a management consulting project, in a management consulting role as part of a work integrated learning subject at the University of Melbourne.
Na
Communications and Events Manager (contract) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 November 2018
Great team to work for and great flexibility.
Love the uni culture and learning environment.
The University of Melbourne has a beautiful campus and a great market on Wednesdays.
Not enough support and too much money wasted
Senior Laboratory and Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 October 2018
The best part of the job was engaging with students. The worst part was the amount of money spent on office relocations, restructures and instability.
very well known and good university
fellowship participant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 October 2018
Melbourne university is one of very good university around the world with a professional team which is helped me to learn more about good governance and international relations
A good workplace.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 October 2018
A good workplace with a solid understanding of its place in higher education.
Great people who work together as per organisation values.
A workplace where everyone works as a community and not seperate sections of an organisation which creates an inclusive workplace.
Pros
Cons
Change is to frequent.
Good reputation
Student (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 August 2018
Australia's leading university
Distinctive Melbourne experience helps graduates become well-rounded, thoughtful and skilled professionals – making a positive impact across the globe.

Research helps solve social, economic and environmental challenges the world is facing today and into the future. We’re tightly connected with our communities, at home and around the globe – a connection that enriches our learning, teaching and research.
Interesting place of Employment
Security Site Manager (Former Employee) –  University Of Melbourne VIC27 August 2018
To run the security team at the University of Melbourne for Chubb was a wonderful experience. So varied and to meet and work with so many enlightened and interesting people was a privilege.
Pros
Employment, environment
Cons
No comment
Very sunny experience
Agriculture Researcher (Former Employee) –  Wingham, NSW31 July 2018
Working on a farm doing research for University of Melbourne. Got free lodgings and it was part time. The job was paid reasonably and we got lots of free time
Memories for Life
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 July 2018
Will Remember the experience working there, a pleasant and peaceful environment to work, with positive cultural with high work ethics environment. Loved it.
Good work life balance
Senior Business, System & Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 June 2018
Fantastic care for employees. Even though i was a contractor, however, Melbourne uni has shown good care and respect for employees including short-term contractors.
really good
Project Officer / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 June 2018
it was really good every day that I was going to work. The work environment is really good and the salary too. People try to motivate you and look always for ways to involve other people.
N/a
Admissions officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 April 2018
The main positives of the job included:
The people in the office are very friendly. The work hours are flexible within reason and you can also where what you like within reason
Well balanced work environment with good entry pay
Assistant Storeman (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 January 2018
A typical day at work varied day to day but could largely be broken up into 3 smaller jobs: Clearing the loading bay and putting the Things away, processing deliverlies for people much more important then you, and cleaning and organizing stuff. Management is almost always helpful fixing issues promptly.
Pros
For a casual job the pay was good
Cons
the inevitable fact that if you have this job you will break something