University of Melbourne
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of Melbourne Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Easygoing work environment, friendly staff
The job culture here was easygoing, but never lazy. I was able to strike a great work/life balance and could work remotely when I had to.

The flip-side to this was that management was occasionally haphazard, and opportunities for advancement were vague.
Great work environment with lots of green space
Great people to work and I love all the green space to have lunch in. Faculty management can be a bit slow with approving things which can be frustrating at times.
Serious research environment
A great environment to get exposed to various techniques and research culture,
A good place to make contacts and get motivated to stay in the field of biological research and learn how to work autonomously.
flexible work life
I really enjoy working in the Water Ecosystems Research Group at the University of Melbourne's Burnley Campus. This is an interdisciplinary group that includes hydrologists, geomorphologists, social scientists, riparian ecologists and stream ecologists and biologists.
Exciting and cutting edge research
I enjoyed, tremendously, working with my colleagues. I learned from them and was able to draw on their individual experience and in turn utilize it in my daily job life. I felt that the academic, and research focused environment that encompassed most aspects of this role served to reinforce my skills as an urban planner; the nuts and bolts of urban planning were built here.