University of New England
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of New England Employee Reviews

Australia22 reviews
Enjoyed working there,
Only left because it got too hard to manage 2 jobs. As a firefighter with FRNSW During the worst fire season ever I could not provide the commitment necessary for the UNE. I found firefighting at the time more meaningful.
Productive Workplace
Could be extremely busy but is is cyclical.Great and supportive colleagues. Management changes quite often though. Very flexible with work timing if you have children.
Its more relaxed I need a competitive work place where can express my skills, hardest part of the job is getting at work and there is nothing for you to do,.
Great job, wish I'd stayed there.😕
UNE is a pretty good place to work for, though like many places under threat of the Federal and State governments, it's far from a job to take one to retirement, Josh Frydenberg.
very supportive workplace and work environment is encouraging.
usually, we have lots of meetings and catchups where we express our ideas and projects to learn from each other. The work environment is dynamic and the department where I work is very supportive and lovely. I have learned a lot from the people I am working with. Overall, it is enjoyable to be part of UNE.
good people to work with
great salary , fairly relaxed atmosphere, enjoyed supporting the students and guiding them through the learning environment , very good pay and benefits.
Innovative
Creativity and innovation space. designing and piloting Industry Continual Professional Development. Destining with expert teams in pulling together quality short courses in a Micro-Learning Framework.
Ambiente di lavoro dinamico e stimolante
Esperienza avuta alle prime armi come assistente di lingua italiana. Trovandomi in un altro continente ho avuto la possibilità di sperimentare in prima persona le difficoltà ma anche la bellezza di essere in contatto con culture tanto diverse dalla mia.
Awful! Working at the UNE is to be avoided at all costs!
As one of the largest employers who offers 17%+ in superannuation and unlimited sick days, UNE is rife with toxic cliques of people that should, if they could, have moved onto better jobs but stay there because there are no other viable opportunities in the so-called cit of Armidale.

Without a doubt, this was the most toxic environment that I have ever worked in with a workplace culture that had people dropping like flies.

Don't do it to yourself!
Pros
17%+ superannuation & unlimited sick days
Cons
The people, the university (because of its low standards) & the city.
Great place to work and learn management and staff were very supportive
Learned bulk of my research, investigation, problem solving, communication skills.

staff, students and management are very supportive and is a very good learning environment.

There were lots of exciting times.
University cleaning job.
I initially was working at Gayra tomato farm, but stopped because of lack of transport car.
Then got that University cleaning job. Though fond of it, my family wanted me to leave for Melbourne, but back to Sydney, for I love Sydney a lot.
not so good
a typical day working here was extremely boring, the work was far from rewarding, and the amount of stress associated with it was disproportionate to it.
Pros
high pay
Cons
very stressful and little support and no documentation
Professional Workplace, Treat Staff Well So Long as You Do a Good Job
10/10 workplace, just unfortunately affected by budget cuts to education that can suddenly make your position redundant in the new financial year. Professional and friendly atmosphere, trained well to be able to perform tasks required.
Productive and easy to be in work place
Very relaxed atmosphere, great to work here.
Parking is easy and there is access to goos coffee and lunches.

The offices are a good size and well heated and air conditioned as needed.
Great company to work for
This company is fantastic to work for. They have flexible options for a work/life balance which is great if you have family care outside of work.
Some of their processes could be more streamlined but this is more a result of personnel making decisions than the company itself. Would definitely recommend working for them as the town has a lot of opportunities for kids and adults and cost of living is considerably less than that of living in a city.
Pros
Great leave entitlemetns
Cons
Personnel conflicts with in some departments
Great university for education, research and international networking,
Productive and fun workplace with friendly staff members.
This university is unique since it offers opportunities for education abroad, assist with participation in seminars and publications.
Cons
well supporting and well organizing and useful knowlegde
good university.
supporting staffs and co-ordinator

practical and theory knowlegde

well support during class and exam period
supportive environment. friendly colleagues
Enjoyable working and study atmosphere, and rewarding teaching for the students. Because of the limited employment opportunities, it is difficult to obtain tenured employment.
Pros
supporting teaching atmosphere
Cons
Small staff in each teaching faculty
Get up, drink coffee, work on assignments.
Things I have learned as a student: Working under pressure of deadlines and word limits. Patience and respect for peers and lecturers. Have fun while working hard.
Pros
Getting to know new people
Cons
There is always an assignment that needs to be done.
Productive, Friendly and Fun Workplace
Staff and patients are friends, working with a group of enthusiastic, easy to get on with people, who are based around achieving the same overall goal.
good
A day at work consists of managing email and phone support requests for IT assistance, including troubleshooting network/internet faults, assisting with email and SOE's, and providing IT assistance for all technical issues.