University of New South Wales
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of New South Wales Employee Reviews

Featured review
University of New South Wales selected this as a representative review
excellent academic environment advances research and literature survey skills in a resepectful manner multicultural etc highly uplifting only wish there was a more significant sense of belonging to the School or Faculty as a group as there are group gatherings only available about once a year and this is not enough apart from that everything wonderful and also a nice and pleasant location and excellent teachers and supervisors
Pros
supportive academic environment, sports, volunteer opportunities, location
Cons
lack of engagement with other researchers at the school
Very friendly environment, kind staff members who would be happy to help, great supervisor. I spend almost 5 years in the University, never had a conflict or faced a problem, the only reason I had to leave for is to continue my PhD in the same University, and I did.
Had a good time working at UNSW. Operates in silos but it is a big organisation. Have to put a lot of effort in to get recognised but working with everyone is pretty good. A lot of great minds in this organisation. Career progression in this role was very limited.
Big organisation with lots of amazing projects from an academic perspective. Very impressive campus. Very smart, intelligent people. I enjoyed working there.
I am wanting a casual job to maintain a good health style.unsw had a hectic busy pace for both staff and students. The work was very rewarding but.Students who studied at unsw were very satisfied.
UNSW was good/supportive for me when I was a student. Things become quite different when become a full time staff. You have to be very good at saying no to achieve some sort of work/life balance.
UNSW Sydney (the University of New South Wales) is one of Australia's leading research and teaching universities. It generates over $2b p.a. and recently launched an ambitious $3b+ Strategic programme.
I was in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment and start designing for real projects. It helps my communication skills in a multidisciplinary environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of New South Wales?
A terrific campus and many great staff are the chief positives. On the downside some classes are 90 per cent international students with often very limited English who are in drastic need of remedial help.
Pros
A terrific campus and many great staff
Cons
Language challenges with many students.
UNSW does not care about their employees. They perscribe workloads that appear reasonable but then dump extra jobs On you through hidden mechanisms. It has a history of bullying and a very male dominated culture. The women in high level posistions act and behave like men and are unsupportive of women. They will lie to their employees in order to manipulate them into performing tasks that are not part of their job. Would not recommend this to anyone
I have read some of your recent publications about centralized battery systems in apartment buildings, and how you are modeling this idea whilst taking into account its economic scenarios. I would like to do a research on this topic so that I can design and build a complete system that I envisaged in my MS
Good university, good reputation Staffs and teachers are very well educated and friendly, a lot of help can be provided when joining the university, work-life balance is good
I love working at UNSW. Very Avangard classroom facilities, I get lots of independence and I feel trusted. The only downside is the fact that it's contract work, so there is always that job insecurity feeling, otherwise, it's a great place to work.
I think UNSW has a great workplace, great colleagues and a great environment! Highly recommended to whoever that has gotten an offer from UNSW. You will not regret it!
Culture of meetings & group activities taking up most of the day. Large amount of work duplicated or triplicated. IT extremely unreliable and slow. Difficult location to commute to.
i was a student at the university learning about energy management and energy technologies.i enjoy with my colleagues from other countries. and know more of their cultures.
I have worked there as a tutor of maths physics and chemistry. I stopped working there because of illness. I would be very happy to work again in this institution
So many amazing researchers and educators - fabulous benefits Great strategy Some pockets of high performing cultures Good career opportunities for academics
This internship gave us an understandings of the engineering field b going to locations around sydney and applying our physical and theoretical knowledge into our jobs and our lives.
Great place to work and learn. Challenged to upskill and be involved. Good management and excellent culture from my personal view. Typical 9 to 5 kind of job. You have time for your annual leave and are encouraged to take it. I was significantly developed and learnt to use various industry tools. I will recommend UNSW.