University of Newcastle Employee Review

View all University of Newcastle reviews

Fun and useful work experiance
Casual Academic (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW7 August 2018
The job was promoting the university, demonstrating a recreation of the Michelson Morley experiment and educating year HSC physics 12 students. I was well paid for my time.
Management treated me well and I was treated with professional respect.
The only criticism I have is that I struggled with the HRonline system which was necessary for the administration officer for the school of mathematics and physical sciences to authorise my pay. As a result I was paid later then expected.
Pros
comfortable job, great pay, When I could see students better understood Einstein's special relativity.
Cons
HRonline, Inefficient bureaucracy

Other University of Newcastle Employee Reviews

nice people to work with
Academic-tutor and lab demonstrator (Former Employee) –  newcastle, australia26 March 2019
nice people to work with, good pay for teaching position.
course outline are given very clearly so easy to know what to focus.
course coordinators are usually helpful.
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  at University of Newcastle, New South Wales19 February 2019
Academics and supervisors at the University of Newcastle are knowledgeable and supportive. The University of Newcastle provides a scholarship which includes health insurance, living allowance, and tuition fee for PhD candidates.