University of South Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of South Australia Employee Reviews

It is a good place for my first job. They provide many different pieces of training and opportunities for graduates to improve their skills. If their management can be improved, that would be better.
Collaborative and supportive. work load is shared equally and every one was friendly and kind. Management support staff hard work is encouraged and praised.
Minimal support. HR questionable. Excellent research outputs. Mixed level of workplace culture. Seniors lacking support to junior employees. Good number of grants continually awarded to various researchers.
I dont believe given it has been a while since I worked at the university that this data is really relevant to the position and title I held at the time.
UniSA, for the most part, gives its employees the opportunities to work on exciting and valuable projects. The collaborative culture among professional services staff makes it a great place to work.
working at UniSA was the best times for me because I had flexible work times and low tutoring load. I enjoyed better remuneration for the time I spent
Pros
More opportunities fro growth and development, independent and flexible duties
Cons
Jobs are limited so low job security
A typical day involved collaborating with other students and professors in laboratory settings, focusing mainly on different fields of study under the University of SA's School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences. I learnt how to manage my time efficiently by attending to the work place from 8am to 3pm, considering that I was at least an hour away from the work location. Everyone was very friendly and professional at the University, treating the students with care and providing us the information we need in order to perform tasks effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job is working at the laboratories.
universidade muito boa ambiante agradavel otima estrutura
I was only here on work experience as part of school, so I didn't get to experience the full benefits of working at the establishment. However, I enjoyed myself and can see how one would enjoy working there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of South Australia?
great workplace excellent qualified professional mentors Innovative projects enhanced technical skills Got chance of working on python, C platform great environment
Encourage professional development, fun place to work, great work life balance, flexible. Encourages learning. Plenty of opportunities to gain new skills.
I was a teaching assistant in the glass program after graduating from it. I would assist in demonstrations and prepare for the class. I would run the hot-shop while the lecturer would run the processes in the cold-shop and plaster room.
The people were great and the processes in place were a little frustrating, but well worth the extra effort. I almost regret leaving to pursue my own adventures and passions as it was so comfortable there.
Pros
Good location & transport, good facilities, good people
Cons
Work wasn't fulfilling for me
Rewarding role but poor job security and little scope for advancement. Would happily stay if I could progress beyond a casual role. Even with this drawback, I enjoy the teaching so much that my ideal for next year is a slightly flexible role that would allow me to also continue casual teaching at UniSA.
I made a lot of friends, that I believe will last a lifetime, I got to help numerous people which was great as I felt like I was making a difference. I wish I wasn't graduating so I could continue volunteering.
Pros
food tokens, rewards ceremonies, t-shirts, jumpers, name tags and pins
Cons
not paid
Great working environment at a rarely used university pool. Great management and benefits from university. f f
Pros
free pool/gym use
Cons
travel from home
As a PhD student working at the laboratory with casual Tutor experience, I have spent a good time balancing my work and life. I learned how to manage my schedule, associate with different groups of people and meet new experts in the field.
It was a 9am to 5pm weekday works. However, we had flexible lunch time which was good. I gained experiences on the laboratory work skill and friendship while working with my partner. The laboratory assistants are all very nice. They provide us whatever facilities we need for the research and willing to help us with what we aren't sure on the equipment in the laboratory.
Pros
flexible lunch time and nice staffs
Nice team members to work with and lovely environment. As an intern, I learnt a lot in terms of daily accounting work and also communication with other staff.
Good employment conditions continually being eroded by increasing use of short term contracts and other methods to allow local management to replace rather than develop workforce. Education increasingly a financial activity, unfortunately UniSA probably not unique in this.
Pros
Good working conditions, Super Annuation contribution.
Cons
Short term contracts, job instability.
Supportive team, always learning something new, love working with the students. The University is a vibrant and interesting place to work. Social events and courses are always offered to employees.
Pros
Interesting job
Cons
I dont have any