University of South Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of South Australia Employee Reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Nice workplace

It is a good place for my first job. They provide many different pieces of training and opportunities for graduates to improve their skills. If their management can be improved, that would be better.

Collaborative and supportive. work load is shared equally and every one was friendly and kind. Management support staff hard work is encouraged and praised.

Bad Management

Minimal support. HR questionable. Excellent research outputs. Mixed level of workplace culture. Seniors lacking support to junior employees. Good number of grants continually awarded to various researchers.

A pretty normal job

I dont believe given it has been a while since I worked at the university that this data is really relevant to the position and title I held at the time.

Valuable Experiences

UniSA, for the most part, gives its employees the opportunities to work on exciting and valuable projects. The collaborative culture among professional services staff makes it a great place to work.

Highly productive environment for growth especially in academia

working at UniSA was the best times for me because I had flexible work times and low tutoring load. I enjoyed better remuneration for the time I spent

Pros

More opportunities fro growth and development, independent and flexible duties

Cons

Jobs are limited so low job security

Productive and very innovative place to volunteer at

A typical day involved collaborating with other students and professors in laboratory settings, focusing mainly on different fields of study under the University of SA's School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences. I learnt how to manage my time efficiently by attending to the work place from 8am to 3pm, considering that I was at least an hour away from the work location. Everyone was very friendly and professional at the University, treating the students with care and providing us the information we need in order to perform tasks effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job is working at the laboratories.

local agradavel

universidade muito boa ambiante agradavel otima estrutura

Relaxed environment with a friendly staff set

I was only here on work experience as part of school, so I didn't get to experience the full benefits of working at the establishment. However, I enjoyed myself and can see how one would enjoy working there.

Got chance to work innovative project

great workplace excellent qualified professional mentors Innovative projects enhanced technical skills Got chance of working on python, C platform great environment

Promotes educational development

Encourage professional development, fun place to work, great work life balance, flexible. Encourages learning. Plenty of opportunities to gain new skills.

Volunteer teaching assistant

I was a teaching assistant in the glass program after graduating from it. I would assist in demonstrations and prepare for the class. I would run the hot-shop while the lecturer would run the processes in the cold-shop and plaster room.

Great first job

The people were great and the processes in place were a little frustrating, but well worth the extra effort. I almost regret leaving to pursue my own adventures and passions as it was so comfortable there.

Pros

Good location & transport, good facilities, good people

Cons

Work wasn't fulfilling for me

Rewarding role

Rewarding role but poor job security and little scope for advancement. Would happily stay if I could progress beyond a casual role. Even with this drawback, I enjoy the teaching so much that my ideal for next year is a slightly flexible role that would allow me to also continue casual teaching at UniSA.

Fun and supportive enviroment

I made a lot of friends, that I believe will last a lifetime, I got to help numerous people which was great as I felt like I was making a difference. I wish I wasn't graduating so I could continue volunteering.

Pros

food tokens, rewards ceremonies, t-shirts, jumpers, name tags and pins

Cons

not paid

Relaxed university pool

Great working environment at a rarely used university pool. Great management and benefits from university. f f

Pros

free pool/gym use

Cons

travel from home

UniSA is a great university as it offers students flexibility in studying and offers work opportunities.

As a PhD student working at the laboratory with casual Tutor experience, I have spent a good time balancing my work and life. I learned how to manage my schedule, associate with different groups of people and meet new experts in the field.

Nice and fun workplace and staffs

It was a 9am to 5pm weekday works. However, we had flexible lunch time which was good. I gained experiences on the laboratory work skill and friendship while working with my partner. The laboratory assistants are all very nice. They provide us whatever facilities we need for the research and willing to help us with what we aren't sure on the equipment in the laboratory.

Pros

flexible lunch time and nice staffs

Nice working environment

Nice team members to work with and lovely environment. As an intern, I learnt a lot in terms of daily accounting work and also communication with other staff.

Changing, becoming a commercial more than educational entity

Good employment conditions continually being eroded by increasing use of short term contracts and other methods to allow local management to replace rather than develop workforce. Education increasingly a financial activity, unfortunately UniSA probably not unique in this.

Pros

Good working conditions, Super Annuation contribution.

Cons

Short term contracts, job instability.

Fantastic place to work

Supportive team, always learning something new, love working with the students. The University is a vibrant and interesting place to work. Social events and courses are always offered to employees.

Pros

Interesting job

Cons

I dont have any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3