University of South Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of South Australia Culture reviews

Clear
4.2Work–Life Balance

Collaborative and supportive. work load is shared equally and every one was friendly and kind. Management support staff hard work is encouraged and praised.

Bad Management

Minimal support. HR questionable. Excellent research outputs. Mixed level of workplace culture. Seniors lacking support to junior employees. Good number of grants continually awarded to various researchers.

Valuable Experiences

UniSA, for the most part, gives its employees the opportunities to work on exciting and valuable projects. The collaborative culture among professional services staff makes it a great place to work.

Nice working environment

Nice team members to work with and lovely environment. As an intern, I learnt a lot in terms of daily accounting work and also communication with other staff.

productive, service based, great culture

I was engaged as relieving administrative assistant and given work as relieving receptionist when the administrative assistant returned to work. My preferred role is in the administrative assistance and team support areas rather than receptionist. I have the ability to type as someone speaks but did not use this skill in this job. I learned a lot about how the university is run supporting nursing students. I was able to work with a team of people who were exceptional in sorting out day to day inquiries for national and international students making each student feel that their inquiry was important. A great place to work as they embrace all ages and all cultures, both male and female. The work I did ranged from normal receptionist duties to helping type up the 1st draft of an administrative assistant procedures manual. Although working in a more repetitive area of work there were challenges due to my short time there and limited experience with the background of university student courses.

Pros

Kept busy all day. Great rapport with team members.

Cons

My skills are more broader than receptionist, therefore I would have liked to work in an administrative support role.

fun working with the prospects and staff

team work, communication skills and leadership. great time management and supportive management. friendly staff and great event management.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Liberté dans le travail et ouverture culturelle

Ce centre de recherche offre une grande liberté d'action dans le travail et permet de travailler en collaboration avec des gens de tous horizons.

Business Mentor Leadership

 A mentor role to assist commencing students transitioning successfully to the university  Arranged social events for new students and helped international students with Australian culture

Great place to work and always meeting new people

Great place to work, very busy and at times stressful, but great co-workers that make the day go smoother, and able to keep the mood in the office fun but still professional.The hardest part in the job in getting enough places for student teachers.The most enjoyable part of the job is when all students are allocated and they are all happy!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3