University of South Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of South Australia Management reviews

Clear
4.2Work–Life Balance

Nice workplace

It is a good place for my first job. They provide many different pieces of training and opportunities for graduates to improve their skills. If their management can be improved, that would be better.

Collaborative and supportive. work load is shared equally and every one was friendly and kind. Management support staff hard work is encouraged and praised.

Bad Management

Minimal support. HR questionable. Excellent research outputs. Mixed level of workplace culture. Seniors lacking support to junior employees. Good number of grants continually awarded to various researchers.

local agradavel

universidade muito boa ambiante agradavel otima estrutura

Relaxed university pool

Great working environment at a rarely used university pool. Great management and benefits from university. f f

Pros

free pool/gym use

Cons

travel from home

Changing, becoming a commercial more than educational entity

Good employment conditions continually being eroded by increasing use of short term contracts and other methods to allow local management to replace rather than develop workforce. Education increasingly a financial activity, unfortunately UniSA probably not unique in this.

Pros

Good working conditions, Super Annuation contribution.

Cons

Short term contracts, job instability.

fun working with the prospects and staff

team work, communication skills and leadership. great time management and supportive management. friendly staff and great event management.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Project assistant for 1 year.

I possess a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering (Honours), as well as a strong knowledge of the mechanical industry. For the past one year I worked as a Project Assistant for University of South Australia, running experiments to produce and analyse samples. In this role I have refined my time management and operation skills for experimental facilities.

Pros

Time management, technical skill for experimental device.

Excellent place of work.

Areas of Responsibility: Reception, Executive Assistant, Administrative Officer. Core Responsibilities: • First point of contact at reception, maintaining helpful, and clear communications. Ensuring accuracy of information and high levels of confidentiality. • Manage the Director and Associate Director and the Technical Manager’s diaries and negotiate appointments and timelines to maximise time. This involved constant liaison with university and government/agency staff. • Provide executive support to committee meetings including: a. preparation of agendas o collation of papers and background information o recording of minutes o following up outstanding action items and requests for information. • Maintain security protocols for staff and visitors, ensuring that security checks are completed and security passes are issued. • Develop and implement administration functions and systems required for the effective operation of the unit. • Prepare Accounts Payable and Invoices for processing, and reconcile Credit Card and other financial transactions. • Effectively manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence including drafting and preparing responses, undertaking necessary follow up actions and communicating important issues to Unit staff. • Publication searchs and Endnote reference filing. • Manage domestic and international travel arrangements for the staff and external visitors as required. • Implement and maintain confidential filing and information management systems. • Maintain the website and ensure all unit brochures and information sheets -

Pros

Supportive enviroment

Innovative University and seen as a leader in Travel Procurement in Australia/New Zealand

At UniSA I manage a team of 8 Travel Administrators delivering over 6,700 bookings annually between them that accounts for millions of dollars in travel expenditure from the University annually. Working in Procurement is relatively new to me, but I have taken a liking to the thought process behind our procedures for purchasing travel and how we can increase savings in the University and streamline the booking process for professional and academic staff members. I enjoy the management part of my role the most, as I have a great team that makes for a great and cohesive working environment.

Pros

Flexible work arrangements if needed

Cons

Delays in Senior Management to approve process efficiencies in a timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

University of South Australia Reviews by Location

• University of South Australia
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?