University of Technology Sydney
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of Technology Sydney Employee Reviews

Fast paced, well organised, interesting, support diversity, people are friendly and co-operative. Good working environment and good work life balance
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
It was like family working there, everyone helped everyone. every 2 months had awards and drinks, even cultural events like Diwali. the only down side was no overtime or time in lieu
Fun environment to work and an overall great working experience. Friendly supervisors who ask about your well-being and create an happy and safe working environment
Pros
Free afternoon tea snacks (biscuits, fruit, chocolates etc)
This job allowed me to meet with various students who are keen to learn about nursing pathophysiology and anatomy. I have interpersonally worked with and through students to ensure their level of understanding is appropriate to the academic requirement.
UTS is an excellent platform for any job hoder. It is very nice and well organized educational institute in Australia. It is very good at high quality research and its output.
Great team of people to work with. Many varied design projects from creating course documents for faculties, to collateral for corporate events for the university.
Recommended.. has a variety of job prospects from University Lectures to Administration Staff , Internships and a large IT department. People are very friendly and respectful.
I have been most fortunate to have had ample opportunities in both teaching and conducting research. As a lecturer, I have been afforded with a great deal of experiences with a wide range of courses, including Research Methodology, IT Professional and Society, Enabling Enterprise Information Systems and Collaboration in Business Processes. I am committed to working with my students and have maintained professional relationships with many of them years beyond the classroom.
Typically, a day at work is awesome. I learned how to manage time effectively and take decisions independently. I enjoy all aspects of the work. The workplace culture was welcoming and I could interact with all members of the faculty at ease.
Well organised workplace for a casual law teacher. They got to know me and when they were confident in my teaching ability they were very regular and reliable in offering work.
Pros
Close to the City
Cons
A fantastic place to work, progression and support from staff and management. Always busy and something to do - I have learnt a lot from working within a university
UTS is a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney. One of Australia’s leading universities of technology, UTS has a distinct model of learning, strong research performance and a leading reputation for engagement with industry and the professions. UTS has a culturally diverse campus life and vibrant international exchange study and research programs that prepare graduates for the workplaces of today and the future.
Good experience. will work again. good people. good environment. Student experience was good. met a lot of new people. made friends. learnt communication
UTS is such a great environment to work in, the skills and work ethic i gained is because of the great team i worked within. Also very easy to get to work being in the heart of public transport
Pros
location
Cons
construction
Great place to work. In downtown of Sydney, very convenient location. Get paid well, and the colleagues are friendly. A young University with very modern equipment.
The University of Technology, Sydney is a great employer. Though the salary package isn't as attractive as the University of Sydney, it also offers work life balance.
I've had the pleasure of working for UTS for 3 years now. The work culture and administrative support they provide are amazing. An optimal workplace with good people.
I was a visiting fellow just very short time. It was great to make balance with my life and work. They prepared everything what I needed to do before I came to UTS. In addition, co-researchers were so nice.
Pros
Flexible working time
Cons
Work as a team guiding students for a smooth start at the University. I learnt how to work as a team and manage time while I volunteered. We as a team always be supportive to each other and help each other in their troubles.
A typical day included working with clients on issues that may or may not affect their progression within their chosen areas of study. It also involved assidting them with any adminstration issues they may have. The workplace was very friendly, supportive and professional
Pros
very supportive and offered career advancement opportunities
Cons
nil
Engaging with colleagues and facilitating learning with students. I learned how to problem solve, become independent, take initiative and work as part of a team. The coordinator would send staff to different areas in accordance to availability of individuals and suitability. Work was very relaxed however there are times when individuals need to take charge and focus. I found this quite challenging as we had to cater to so many people however with the support other staff and my teammates everything was able to run smoothly. The most enjoyable part would have to be traveling around NSW to different areas getting to know the students and inspiring them and hopefully making a difference in their lives.