University of Technology Sydney

41: University of Technology Sydney Employee Reviews

Australia41 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Great team but slow turn-over and bureaucratic

I am working with a wonderful group of people in my team. However, timelines are very slow and you have to get things signed-off by at least two supervisors which really slows down everything even more. Overall great place to work!

Pros

Modern office, collaborative, flexible

Cons

Bureaucratic, slow

Love working here

I’m still a uni student, love working at my uni! Great pay and huge support from management! The supervisor was very nice too! Have to stop working because they only employ current students.

Pros

Cons

Nah

Really lovely and supportive environment

A really great environment to work in, staff are incredibly supportive and we have numerous staff activities/ bonding events, all catered. However, there is a lack of job security especially if you're a casual. I have been a casual staff member for 4yrs now, and I know it is very unlikely I will become permanent any time soon. The people in the top positions are the only 'safe' ones, and they aren't leaving, so if you're a young person, with relatively no responsibilities, working as a casual/ contract here is great.

productive and fun workplace

Optus provides a good workplace environment & culture and has good campus facilities, work/life balance and benefits. Job security is a risk due to ongoing business transformation.

Flexible working hours

It was like family working there, everyone helped everyone. every 2 months had awards and drinks, even cultural events like Diwali. the only down side was no overtime or time in lieu

Good Environment

Fast paced, well organised, interesting, support diversity, people are friendly and co-operative. Good working environment and good work life balance

Pros

nil

Cons

nil

welcoming environment, fast paced and diverse

this was a dynamic place to work , and no day was the same. staff were supportive and working here was a great way to advance my admin skills. there were also opportunities for progressions

Friendly team environment

Fun environment to work and an overall great working experience. Friendly supervisors who ask about your well-being and create an happy and safe working environment

Pros

Free afternoon tea snacks (biscuits, fruit, chocolates etc)

Supporting peer students in various subjects

This job allowed me to meet with various students who are keen to learn about nursing pathophysiology and anatomy. I have interpersonally worked with and through students to ensure their level of understanding is appropriate to the academic requirement.

UTS is an excellent platform for any job hoder. It is very nice and well organized educational institute in Australia. It is very good at high quality research and its output.

Great team and varied design projects

Great team of people to work with. Many varied design projects from creating course documents for faculties, to collateral for corporate events for the university.

Productive and fun place to work

I enjoy working at UTS, the work-life balance is great and the University has a great organisational culture. The ultimo campus is very modern and convenient. Staff is highly involved in the university 2027 vision.

Recommended.. has a variety of job prospects from University Lectures to Administration Staff , Internships and a large IT department. People are very friendly and respectful.

Excelent building and facilites, good coffee shops

UTS has a great working environment. Great, breezy place, lots of daylight, excellent facilites. Nice people to work with - the support team is great.

I have been an active member of the academic staff at the University of Technology Sydney

I have been most fortunate to have had ample opportunities in both teaching and conducting research. As a lecturer, I have been afforded with a great deal of experiences with a wide range of courses, including Research Methodology, IT Professional and Society, Enabling Enterprise Information Systems and Collaboration in Business Processes. I am committed to working with my students and have maintained professional relationships with many of them years beyond the classroom.

Conducive environment to impact knowledge

Typically, a day at work is awesome. I learned how to manage time effectively and take decisions independently. I enjoy all aspects of the work. The workplace culture was welcoming and I could interact with all members of the faculty at ease.

Great place to work and meet really nice people

Loved working as a volunteer so I really enjoyed my experience with the company I worked for through the UTS shopfront. Very easy going project committee.

Good Workplace

Well organised workplace for a casual law teacher. They got to know me and when they were confident in my teaching ability they were very regular and reliable in offering work.

Pros

Close to the City

Administration assistant

A fantastic place to work, progression and support from staff and management. Always busy and something to do - I have learnt a lot from working within a university

great

UTS is a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney. One of Australia’s leading universities of technology, UTS has a distinct model of learning, strong research performance and a leading reputation for engagement with industry and the professions. UTS has a culturally diverse campus life and vibrant international exchange study and research programs that prepare graduates for the workplaces of today and the future.

Good

Good experience. will work again. good people. good environment. Student experience was good. met a lot of new people. made friends. learnt communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Technology Sydney. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about University of Technology Sydney in popular locations