University of the Sunshine Coast
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of the Sunshine Coast Employee Reviews

4.6Work–Life Balance

Good lecturers and facilities. If you want to excel you can stand out at USC more than at the bigger universities. If you get in the top few students, you will be compared in the top few at any university. Classes are small so you get to know the lecturers who are great.

Pros

Small classes

Cons

Not a big university so you don't have as broad a choice.

Very formal and professional environment with a friendly co-workers

USC is an extremely professional working environment and everyone in my office treated me with respect and kindness. Working hours were great and the pay was amazing.

Equipped me with the proper skillset in IT

The lectures to the tutorials were practical in preparation for a better understanding in IT. Taking my masters in USC was an amazing experience and the lecturers were helpful and approachable.

A supportive and fun environment

This has been my favourite place to work of any of my job positions so far. This is due to the supportive and fun workplace and people which you work with daily.

Pros

Most things

Cons

sometimes management isn't great

Productive and fun place to work

Organized and very well managed work culture. Everyone in the team is very helpful and friendly. They motivate and encourage students to be a part of the work culture to understand the University better. Very diverse and welcoming attitude.

Good Team, Good working Environment

I enjoyed working at the University of the Sunshine Coast, during my time employed by the Safe USC team. The team members are great, supportive and work well together.

Placement

I did Placement with the University of sunshine Coast. Where I did placement was at the chancellor State School and University Hospital where I learned a lot and was able to figure out some things about my degree.

Na

I have received a series of contracts from USC since completing my masters. All work had come from Professors and Lecturers. The work is challenging but the conditions very flexible.

Awesome campus with great support system

This university provides excellent opportunities and the staff and student provide a fantastic support structure. The library has excellent resources. A typical day involved study (both face to face and independent) and Lectures and tutorials. The most difficult aspect of university life was the stress when deadlines approach however the university provide amazing help services.

Pros

Help services, library, connection to new friends, disability services

Cons

Stress from deadlines

it was fun working outside with bees

I learned that not all bees can sting you and that they are going extinct. The people I worked with were great and encouraging when we had to walk 2km to the site carrying heaving tubs of equipment, the best part was watching two bee colonies fight over a nest. I also took care of my niece while we worked, she also enjoyed it.

Pros

free water

Jobs at University of the Sunshine Coast

See more jobs

Head of indigenous Services

I was hired to bring the Indigenous service office back on course. Although difficult to do so at first, the team came together and I was well supported by Management

Pros

good environment and seeing student success

Cons

none all good

Great place

academic learning center this place is not for me because i am 37. Graduating at 42 with a hex debt close to 100,000 dollars is not feasible. This pathway suits those from school.

Pros

lifestyle

Cons

money

student

great facilities great club Activate (outdoors club) good location good $5 feed at the brasserie with your student card good exchange program to overseas with excellent grants

Managing the Security Team

Review shift logs from previous shifts Ensure all software programs are operational Ensure that all Fire Indicator Panels are operational Review CCTV and access control software Interact with contractors on a daily basis Good co-workers to work with Ever changing environment. Each day was different. Hardest part of the job: Receiving phone calls at night from on shift security guards to give advice or be advised of incidents that occurred.

Pros

Great working environment

Cons

Night time phone calls

Exciting place to work in a new and beautiful environmnet

I was the director/curator at the on-campus gallery and also managed the art collection which grew enormously in the twelve years there. The university gallery and collection play an important role in the region with a significant public collection of Australian paintings and prints and public artworks on multiple campuses. . I was fortunate to work with many researchers, academics and students in my time there and create exhibitions relevant to research and teaching but also to engage the community.

Pros

Rapidly changing and growing area

Cons

Lack of articulation of where the gallery sat withing the university structure.

Exciting interesting

Working as a casual tutor at USC is a great opportunity. It is a wonderful experience to pass on information to up and coming scientists! Management and co-workers are very supportive and approachable.

Very fun and exciting role

Working at the sunshine coast university allowed me to interact with students on a personal level and as a student myself I was able to understand where they were coming from and was able to assist them a lot better. I was given the chance to work in a couple of areas which also allowed my skills to be boarded.

Review

My Supervisor makes work very enjoybable, field work is exciting, fast-paced and demanding. Love working with the students, like myself, they are always eager to learn.

A very interesting and learning experience

This job is a platform for me to build a strong network of employers in the field of social services and social work in particular. I have been enjoying the team work among all my colleagues and I really appreciate the approachable nature of my supervisor who guides me in my professional and personal development. I am grateful to the management who offers me a lot of opportunities to grow as a young graduate with lots of skills and experiences.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of the Sunshine Coast. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5

University of the Sunshine Coast Reviews by Location

• University of the Sunshine Coast
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?