valley girl Employee Reviews

Quit while you're ahead - this company does not care about its employees
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA31 August 2019
pros -
Great coworkers who are hardworking and can have a laugh
Can pick up a lot of hours through covering shifts
Get to see the newest fashions first
Meeting customers from all walks of life
Good pay on weekends, late night and public holidays

cons -
Workplace bullying / highly toxic workplace
Incompetent management
Shifts are typically three hours
ALWAYS working alone - Can sometimes work a whole 12-hour shift alone
Such high expectations that I normally stay back an hour to do everything and DO NOT GET PAID
No staff discount or employee benefits or perks
Had to learn how to do closing and opening by myself - Very little to no staff training
Constantly feel underappreciated - You're expected to go above and beyond with very little in return

Would recommend if you like a challenge but definitely not a job you should apply for unless you're desperate. I have constant panic attacks because there is so much to do working alone and I will get told off if I don't do it
productive and fun workplace, however lacks in the communication with staff area.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW3 February 2019
Valley girl is a great place to work at due to their salary benefits such as weekend rates etc, however the communication between the management and staff in regards to training does lack.
Pros
consistent lunch breaks, weekend/public holiday rates
what its like to work there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC3 January 2019
working at valley girl wasnt the worst nor the best. we didnt get a staff discount and management changed all the time. it was a job were you just got left to figure things out for yourself.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
no staff disciunt
Don't work here if you want to keep your sanity
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC22 October 2018
I have worked at Valleygirl for 4 months so far, and the more things I learn to do (closing, opening etc.) the more they tend to put me on because I am the only one with full availability, which is great to an extent, not so great if you're the only one working pretty much at all times, especially during the second half of the day.

The store's 'budget' isn't set high enough, therefore there aren't enough hour to keep 2 people on at all times. Not only is that a safety hazard, but also highly exhausting on busy days when customers are rude and leave literal MOUNTAINS of clothes in the change rooms

So far in my time being there, when closing the store alone, I will have to stay back a minimum of an hour and a half each time UNPAID to get everything done for the next day.

Overall if you want to keep your sanity and not have constant panic attacks in the store like I do when I close up and see how much work there is to do, don't even bother applying, it's definitely not worth your efforts.
Pros
Decent pay, if you work well Sunday shifts are quite good
Cons
Inconsiderate upper management, barely any breaks, no paid overtime, customers leave piles of clothes constantly
Great staff, problems in upper management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA2 July 2018
Was great when I started working there, my manager was amazing. However she left due to problems with upper management and I followed as there was bullying, couldn't afford to put more staff on so there was a lot of work for one person, would work 7hrs without breaks, could go on.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Upper management
fun work place and management was amazing
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 June 2018
amazing people to work for. a happy full of learning everyday, opening closing the store. getting new stock in every day.
cheap clothing nice clothing.
Pros
cheap clothes
Cons
area manager
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 June 2018
enjoyable, however to much stock was being delivered everyday. the store was overcrowded with the amount of stock. not enough space in storeroom. amazing staff to work with.
it was a nice place to work
Part time worker where I learnt (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 January 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job was working with different customers and getting to know the store and stock, helping others find their desired clothing
Pros
discounts, experience
Cons
pay
Not good
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC5 August 2017
Work place bullying, rude service. NOT ENOUGH PAY, manager bullies and is rude. favourites.. unfairness. needs new staff. not enough shifts. other then that great.
Pros
Cons
everything
My work experience in valley girl
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA17 January 2017
Valley girl hardest part of the job is adjusting to the job as a new employer and fitting in. I learned to communicate and give information the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is new clothing and meeting new people.
Pros
New clothing
Cons
changing rooms isn't enough space
ok
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 November 2016
Would be a great place to work however employees are always alone and the store can become quite busy so it can be a lot to handle for one person, their expectations are too high for 1 person.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
wont usually get a break as youre always working alone, so you'll never have a shift longer than 4.5 hours
I loved working their.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkmore VIC30 August 2016
I would come into work early, if there was jobs that needed to be done quickly before I started eg bins I would go and then proceed to work.
Management was good!
Co-workers where awesome !
Difficulties would have been when the customers came in around school holidays, or after school customers, you had to keep a good eye on them because of theft from our store.
Getting paid for what I know I deserved, being offered extra ours !
Pros
Clothing.
Cons
customers that tried to bargan an already discounted item.
What I Learned
Sales/Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW4 April 2016
I have learnt that depending on the customer, some may need a little more help than others and some would like to be left alone.
enjoyable, fun, productive workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA22 May 2015
a typical work day was unpacking stock serving customers and helping with their enquires. I got along great with all of my co-workers and enjoyed their company. I learnt how to work the till.
the most enjoyable part was talking fashion with the customers and the hardest part was how the manger organised the breaks as some days I wouldn't get any breaks on a eight hour day
Valley Girl as retailer
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, WA10 March 2014
It can be a very busy shop, always on your feet all the time. There is nothing you can not be doing at Valley Girl. I have learnt at Valley Girl that there are so many clothes to unpack and put on the racks and working as a retailer you are always on the move making sure the shop is put in good order helping ladies out in a fashion state. Working with my co worker is great they are mostly cheery and happy go lucky girls. I found the hardest part of my job is knowing where the specific clothes go where. I like working in a good, happy environment. When unpacking the boxes and seeing what clothes are in stock is very exciting.
Pros
Seeing the new fashions first
Cons
Low hours
fun workplace, always on your toes...
full time sales assistant/2ic (Former Employee) –  Mirrabooka Wa24 September 2012
fun workplace, always plenty to do- great communication with management- typical day- open- set up tills and computers ready for days sales, look up and mark down daily sales products, open and put out stock, merchandising, and of course..... sell sell sell.... end of days close tills and computers, do the end of day banking. report eod sales. close store-
Pros
sence of accomplishment
Cons
on feet for 8-9 hours. on extremely hard floor(whilst pregnant mainly)