Vans
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vans Employee Reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Showing all 2,030 reviews

Fun place to work at!

Working at Vans is probably the best job I’ve had! I get to work with a really fun team that I get along with easily and you get super awesome perks like discounted shoes! Depending on your store you might average 2-3 shifts a week. Vans has a great and healthy work culture!

Pros

Discount on shoes Fun team Christmas parties

Cons

Short hours

Fun workplace, not enough hours

Great job, great people, just wish there was room for more hours. Its a great part time job, but if you need full time income it is not the best decision.

Pros

Free pair of shoes when starting

Cons

Low hours

Fun place to work for young adults and teenagers

Pretty easy, fun work environment. Most employees are in their late teens and 20s. Managers are cool, can be hectic during holidays like any retail store. Best part is coworkers depending on your store and the discount is 50% off. Flexible too

Pros

flexible, good discount, good culture

Cons

low pay

fantastic job, but little hours

I love working at Vans and have been with the company for 3 years now. The work environment is great, my co-workers are awesome, and I have made many friendships with people through working here. Vans is extremely flexible, and great at approving time off requests. My only issue with this company is that as of recently my hours keep getting cut. I love working here but it might be time to look at other opportunities for myself as I need to money and hours.

Vans is Awesome

I have worked here for 4 years and it it’s great they are very understating of students such as myself and management is great always providing leadership and are very understanding people.

Fun and Overall Nice

I really have enjoyed working here, I’ve been here for over a year and only recently with a lot of having to cut back our hours I’ve started to feel dissatisfied. If I had steady hours I would love to stay but I’m feeling ready to look for something better in terms of hours and pay. I love my managers (except our district and regional managers) and the team my store has is so friendly and sweet. Everyone is different and unique to themselves and it’s very cool!

Pros

Lovely people, good starting pay, room to move up

Cons

Not enough hours!!!!

Great Place to work!

If you love making connections with people and sharing a common interest with people then this job is perfect. The team is amazing, the environment is phenomenal.

Vans is a relatively progressive retail company

The company itself spans throughout the whole nation so moving up is a challenge. Relatively large expectations are kept despite the pay not increasing to increased responsiblities, but from other people, the pay is a little bit higher to other retail companies. Hours are not guaranteed at this company due to decreasing work hour allowance.

Péssima

Pior coisa que a vfcompany fez foi deixar a Arezzo assumir as operações no Brasil , a loja do rio de janeiro do rio sul tem um péssimo gestor simplesmente se você não concorda com os valores ele te manda embora e culpa o supervisor dele

Pros

Ticket refeição

Cons

Não dá promoção

Incredible Company

Been with Vans for 4+ years, you make a lot of lifelong friends and awesome memories. Insane discounts and free merch, the company supports all the right things too. No other retail job will compare.

Pros

Free shoes, free clothes, flexibility, awesome coworkers, great management

Cons

Nothing!

Great starter company for retail. Once you’re in management expectations are too high. Never feel like work and personal life are separate

Overall Vans gives many opportunities but you are still over looked. You can give your 110% and still not feel recognized or appreciated. Start as associate get some experience and then try different retailers

Great culture with fun environment.

Great culture and great customer base. Discount and benefits are great. Silly that ALL sales associates are PT only and can only average 19 hours a week. Pay for entry level is low compared others. Management isn't far off from industry standards. Work life balance is very good. Company is currently working hard to find the sales gain from 3-5 years ago, but jave been adding time wasting paperwork.

It was a great environment

It was a great environment for when I was a single young woman, it taught me a lot and there was a lot of learning experience and training. Overall fun place to work with good benefits but not as flexible as I would like for my life now.

Typical retail job, nothing more or less

Like most places, depends on which store you are at. Overall, like most retail, it's something you do while you go to school, nothing more. Like most they give you the we're family spiel, and like most families, they play favorites, make excpetions to rules as long as it favors them, not you. It's a part of a giant corporation that owns many companies, so it's what you'd ecpect for that. Not good, not bad, just is.

Pros

Good at working with your school schedule.

Cons

Lower pay than most entry level jobs, almost never get breaks, short staffed, many supervisors/managers can't handle it when it gets busy, Focus more on minutae and group think, fall in line than letting the smart people and hard work actually contribute, One small raise at most once a year.

Amazing staff and fair wages

I have worked at vans for 5 years now throughout university. The staff are incredible and management actually cares about how you are doing as an individual. I would absolutely recommend.

chill culture free stuff good discount

50% discount 70% if you get employee of the month free shoes can wear cool clothes to work managed well they understand their staff need days off and not to work long shifts

Pros

free stuff 50% discount friendly vibe

Cons

none so far

Fun Workplace

It is a good job, they pay well just be prepared to be told to do the exact same thing multiple times while you are doing it. Or being told to do something while you are fixing another thing as if you're supposed to be in 2 places at once.

Okay if you're young and need a part time job

Every job has good and bad coworkers, vans has the "minimum wage minimum effort" mentality by many associates and trying to move up in this company is difficult. Management does not take care of important issues and neither does HR

Safe and fun place to work

Vans was my very first job, and i loved working there. The work environment was great. I felt safe, respected, and happy. Its a very simple job and with some practice its very easy. Management was awesome. They are very understanding and respectful. As long as you try the managers and supervisors will always help you out. I would recommend anyone to work here with vans.

Productive and really fun

Pros : really fun, nice co workers Let me just preface that I did not hate working here because the discount (50% off everything) and your coworkers here are amazing! Really creates a chill work environment.But….The catch is that you are extremely underpaid for the work you do for the store. Practically little to no hours with a high chance of being cut every shift. Bending over backwards for management which they take advantage of only when it’s useful. Absolute high micro managing with sales goals, pitches, and delivery at every shift (it gets really repetitive after a while). Rushed training to deal with some of the worst of the worst customers in retail. At times you are hardly recognized for your effort, especially when you are not hitting your goals. And to cap it off there is no room for advancement unless you want to give your life to the company.Besides the fact, there were good and bad times working at vans. When those bad times hit, just like I said, some of your coworkers can be a saving grace.

Good starting job

This job is a good starting job with a lot of opportunities to grow. Starting off do not expect a lot of hours; however the more you work there the more hours you will get. Over this is a good place to work at if you have a good, supportive and strong management team. I’ve been there to have a really good and really bad manager and I’ll tell you that this is the biggest and most important things here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vans. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vans