Vans
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vans Employee Reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,917 reviews

Great place to work.

I absolutely loved my job at Vans, so much fun, so much room for personal expression and just genuinely enjoyable workplace. Everyday was so much fun

A great experience in retail

This job allows the development of strong communication skills. Management is constantly pushing to better individuals in confidence as well as sale strategies. The team are lovely and are like family. Great place to work.

Vans

Very much enjoy working at vans. Great team of staff and supportive environment. Benefits are also great as you get 40% off at all Accent Group Companies e.g. Hype, Platypus etc.

Fun, energetic vibe and great place to work.

Vans is a great job in terms of gaining experience, i went from being casual to full time to assistant manager all within a year. We'd start the day by playing great tunes and creating a friendly customer vibe, followed by completing a varied amount of tasks. The hardest part of the job was dealing with quiet periods. The most enjoyable part was working with the team, each person bought a unique characteristic to the store.

Pros

Work parties

Cons

Long Hours, no overtime benefits.

Not worth working over the christmas period

Working at vans was initially fun and exciting, with great opportunities to learn the retail structure. However, management was harsh with no communication and often problems arose that were not dealt with at all. My pay was taxed half and the problem was not fixed till after my last pay check, even though I messaged trying to sort it out months before. The team however was very friendly and welcoming, and the atmosphere was great.

Pros

Friendly team

Cons

Low pay and poor communication

Good experience into the retail world

Working at vans was a great introduction into the retail world with lots of experience gained. I feel confident to step into any retail with clothing or footwear now.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Management was unprofessional

Vibrant and fun working atmosphere

A typical day of work consist of general housekeeping and cleaning of the store, receiving stock and pricing stock. Helping customers as the number one priority to achieve sales and KPIs. Being aware of store and personal budgets. My co-workers where supportive and where great team players . The hardest part of the job would be to try and reach personal budgets on the quieter days and the enjoyable part of the job was to assist customers and delivering exceptional customer service.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vans?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vans. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vans
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?