Ventura Bus Lines Employee Reviews

Toxic work environment
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 September 2019
Long hours, constant changes to management and targets. Constant attempts to cut wages.
You spend long hours dealing with abusive kids, junkies, road users and then have the fear that management has spotted something on the cctv to pull you in for a warning over. It's hard to work out who has the least amount of respect for the drivers!
Minimal training... drivers are expected to be driving around watching a mobile phone that directs them around the bus route. Unrealistic timetables mean you are late and then are expected to cut breaks short to make up time.

It is a secure job, if you keep your mouth shut then you have a job as long as you like but with all the weekend work and public holidays then it doesn't leave much time for a personal life. Many marriages have failed with this job as the catalyst.
Just be aware you do have to deal with the darker side of society in this role.
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Long hours, shift work, constant pay cuts, poor management
Great co-workers, most buses need to be replaced, management force excessive unpaid breaks while extending shift hours.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 May 2019
They have forced through newly developed roster from 30 mins to 1 hour of unpaid break time beyond the fatigue management required breaks, This equates to between $8k to $13 of unpaid time they demand we be at work, I would have put negative stars in salary for this exploitation of their drivers. This also means that they've increased work hours while decreasing pay, so we are at work longer but getting payed less.
Pros
Drivers are great down to earth people.
Cons
Management exploitation of drivers, robbing drivers of both wages and family time.
Lots of work available
BUS DRIVER/OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Knoxfield VIC24 November 2018
Lot of shifts available for those who are flexible.
Good money. Lots of overtime available once you are confident with routes.
Driving needs to be extremely careful.
Diverse, Friendly environment, Multi skill, Compassionate, Flexible
Auto Electrician (Current Employee) –  Lilydale VIC21 February 2017
Day at work can sometimes be repetitive doing minor electrical repairs and safety inspections and then the odd challenging day will be thrown in which i find enjoyable. It is a very busy workshop and all team members are easy to work alongside. There is great support throughout the workshop staff and management.
Pros
Training day, Annual bonus, Xmas gifts
Cons
Scattered weekly hours, not as well organised as where i have worked in the past.
Great drivers from very diverse backgrounds
Charter Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxfield VIC29 November 2016
I am a female driver casual charter driver. I have a great bunch of students and the other drivers have really welcomed me. There is plenty of work and overtime at great rates.
Pros
You get to drive some awesome buses and meet great people
Great Workplace
D (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC1 September 2015
Enjoyable workplace, employees are great, friendly vibes. If you're looking for a secure job, with a big sense of community, this is the place.
Pros
Great pay rate
Good work environment and friendly staff operation can be stressful
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dandenong, VIC27 April 2015
Allocation of shifts and buses to drivers and checking drivers have sign on for shifts , Operating the 2 way radio , driver concerns on the road and with passengers , checking and allocation on the GPS smart track. Able to work with your co workers as a team and organise emergency rail replacement at short notice or bus break down . Answering the phone for customer complaints and any other issue that affect the day to day of running public transport system .
I find my job quiet important and can be vey stressful but I enjoy working with my colleagues .
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Work load and can be stressful
discriminates
driver (Former Employee) –  knox or croydon30 September 2012
i worked for this company for 20 years and retired i reapplied after 2 yrs and although they were advertising for drivers with the experiencethat i had i was told that i was unsuccessful with my application
Pros
nothing