Veolia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Veolia Employee Reviews

Australia102 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 102 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,535 reviews

Good work environment

Very little training, no Veolia special tools and upper management cull staff regularly.Positives are work team and lower level management are great to work with.

Pros

Friendly team

Cons

Upper management impersonal.

Very lovely staffs

The management is very accommodating and there is space to speak your mind. The people are lovely to work with and dynamic is very efficient. Would recommend.

Interesting and Ambitious Culture

There are a range of technical and operational staff at Veolia and willingness to progress projects with a good intentions. These are to achieve environmental as well as commercial goals.

A company that does not value quality workers

Does a lot of talking but no action Never sees the workers point but only managementManagement is always right and the workers always wrongTalk the talk to look good but cannot walk the walk

Pros

No free lunches or BBQ for the real workers

look over you shoulder culture. Never given an opportunity to explore the wider business

No acknowledgement for great project achievements and positive outcomes, even after high praise from the client. Company not willing to invest in experienced personnel with high success rates ,contradictory to initial interviews

Pros

nil

Cons

no top management support

fun workplace

its a company that values itself strongly around safety and how important it is not only to work hard for the company but also to remember how important it is to get home safely to your family.

Nice place to work .

Safety is paramount due to the nature of the specialist projects. Workplace culture is healthy supporting and encouraging diversity Management changes and improvements are quite frequent resulting in personnel changes, restructuring, creating new sections etc

Staff

LAck or resources and staff issues. No management accounytable and career progression is nil. Remuneration isnt to the market and company doesnt review the pay

Great team environment, welcoming, supportive

After working for Veolia- waste management, i most definitely will never look at a bin the same again, there are so many different sorts, and for different things which makes it important that work and bookings were correct as one person's error can lead to another 5 other error error ultimately then the driver in turn the customer. But we all make mistakes as its a very involved job, which was all so very new to me, but found it extremely interesting as was something always new popping up, and the support if made a error was always constructive criticism and spent time with you to help teach you how to fix error or avoid for the future.

Productive and supportive workplace

A typical day includes onsite and a bit of office work. A very good work environment with very helping team mates. The work culture is not very fast paced.

Destructive, political, combative

The working relationship between departments is almost war like. There is little to no respect between operating departments within the company and the culture is destructive - focusing on individuals and departments who don't perform in a fix it or get out focus. management have surface qualities the are completely false, they focus on looking good in the community and to external clients whilst using the hammer and fist analogy when dealing with staff - there is a boys club mentality in middle management that defy's belief

Veolia is great compony

It is a demanding company as it is FIFO work long days and jobs 12 hrs a day 13 days on 1 off day or night shifts. but they always come to the party in emergencies to get you home.

The culture is poor as a result of the shambolic management

Poor management and culture with no coordinated direction or any real concern for the wellbeing of employees; dispite the constant preaching of "are you ok". The ongoing internal politics, compounded by a poorly implemented restructure, creates a dysfunctional and unhealthy work environment.

Pros

Salary

Cons

job was easy to my skill but the management was total screw up in there nature.

Manager and co worker with affair aside, it was a days of our lives scenario there. An experience that left a bitter taste in ones mouth to say veolia

Busy and fast paced.

Very busy and stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home. I don't mind doing hard work but when you are standing on your feet for 10 hours a day in the same spot it becomes very painful.

Cons

Good

Not much I can say really injoyed my job and would happily go back wish I never left working for them and work load was shared out wheel and all staff were locked after fairly

Fast paced work environment

Friendly people to work with, friendly work culture. However it is a very busy work environment, systems are still old fashioned. A lot of processes to remember.

Reliable work

I worked there for about 4years, enjoyed the work as it was casual and gave me a lot of free time for myself and family. The management were fair and the workmates were great to work with. Over all I enjoyed my time at Veolia .

A 19th century workhouse

Rife with bullying, intimidating behaviour, zero work life balance and a below average salary. Do not even consider working for this company, you will regret it. Veolia has to be the worst company I’ve ever worked for.

Bus driver

Friendly environment customer service and learning how to deal with heavy vehicles, providing good customer service and getting to know all colleagues

I loved working as a refractory installer nly reason i left Veolia was because i obtained an injury and felt i was unable to perform my duties as

I enjoyed working as a refractory installer for Veolia. The only reason I left was because I sustained an injury, which I felt I was unable to for fill my duties due to my injuries, therefore I felt inadequate and needed to move aside and let younger and stronger personnel to take over. Therefore I resigned to allow my arms to heal, and hopefully find more suitable employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Veolia