Veolia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Veolia Employee Reviews

Australia96 reviews
Great team environment, welcoming, supportive
After working for Veolia- waste management, i most definitely will never look at a bin the same again, there are so many different sorts, and for different things which makes it important that work and bookings were correct as one person's error can lead to another 5 other error error ultimately then the driver in turn the customer.
But we all make mistakes as its a very involved job, which was all so very new to me, but found it extremely interesting as was something always new popping up, and the support if made a error was always constructive criticism and spent time with you to help teach you how to fix error or avoid for the future.
fun workplace
its a company that values itself strongly around safety and how important it is not only to work hard for the company but also to remember how important it is to get home safely to your family.
Staff
LAck or resources and staff issues.
No management accounytable and career progression is nil.

Remuneration isnt to the market and company doesnt review the pay
Productive and supportive workplace
A typical day includes onsite and a bit of office work. A very good work environment with very helping team mates. The work culture is not very fast paced.
Veolia is great compony
It is a demanding company as it is FIFO work long days and jobs 12 hrs a day 13 days on 1 off day or night shifts. but they always come to the party in emergencies to get you home.
The culture is poor as a result of the shambolic management
Poor management and culture with no coordinated direction or any real concern for the wellbeing of employees; dispite the constant preaching of "are you ok". The ongoing internal politics, compounded by a poorly implemented restructure, creates a dysfunctional and unhealthy work environment.
Pros
Salary
Cons
job was easy to my skill but the management was total screw up in there nature.
Manager and co worker with affair aside, it was a days of our lives scenario there. An experience that left a bitter taste in ones mouth to say veolia
Busy and fast paced.
Very busy and stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home. I don't mind doing hard work but when you are standing on your feet for 10 hours a day in the same spot it becomes very painful.
Cons
Good
Not much I can say really injoyed my job and would happily go back wish I never left working for them and work load was shared out wheel and all staff were locked after fairly
Fast paced work environment
Friendly people to work with, friendly work culture. However it is a very busy work environment, systems are still old fashioned. A lot of processes to remember.
Reliable work
I worked there for about 4years, enjoyed the work as it was casual and gave me a lot of free time for myself and family. The management were fair and the workmates were great to work with. Over all I enjoyed my time at Veolia .
A 19th century workhouse
Rife with bullying, intimidating behaviour, zero work life balance and a below average salary. Do not even consider working for this company, you will regret it. Veolia has to be the worst company I’ve ever worked for.
Bus driver
Friendly environment customer service and learning how to deal with heavy vehicles, providing good customer service and getting to know all colleagues
I loved working as a refractory installer nly reason i left Veolia was because i obtained an injury and felt i was unable to perform my duties as
I enjoyed working as a refractory installer for Veolia. The only reason I left was because I sustained an injury, which I felt I was unable to for fill my duties due to my injuries, therefore I felt inadequate and needed to move aside and let younger and stronger personnel to take over. Therefore I resigned to allow my arms to heal, and hopefully find more suitable employment.
awfull stay well clear
well what can i say,turned up first day,impossible workload to complete due to lorries being cut.expected to work for free!!!!!! after 2pm every day!!.so first week slogged my guts out every day.so worked at least six hours for nothing.permanent staff in same boat unless your on a decent round.basically on your feet rushing about for ten hours a day and paid for 8 hours.cutting corners no health and safety.disgusting company should be shut down!!total waste of my time.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good place
Overall I had a really great time there. I went in as a 3 month temp and ended up staying there for an extra 5 months. I met some great people. Big company doing the right thing.
Pros
I had flexi time, I could work from home when things couldn't work out at the office, Tool box meeting meant free meals.
Cons
You need to be under the right management to have a good experience I've heard.
Productive and fun work place
I really enjoyed my job there for 11years made plenty of friends and made some happy customers but it was said being redundant without a reason why and they won't tell me
Pros
i was always able to have 45 minute lunch break and a 20 minute smoko break
Cons
the pay was not all that bad it could off been better
No communication in all aspects of company..your only an number.
Bosses are rude ..good employees to work with other than that not good.good working hours pays Allright if u wanna do over time....communication needs alot of work
Pros
Good pay
Cons
management dont communication
Operator
great people to work with, very understand work crews an knowledgeable. have been great for me but now that i moved north of the river need something closer
Bad management team. Cant think outside the box. Like beingbin a gentlemans club, bad culture, no care given to older employees
Terrible management team. None hold truck licences, expect travel times to be similar to cars. Not a lot of thought goes into runs, favoritism big problem. Early starts aren't bad, but do not get concept of peak hour traffic or congestion, totally about jobs completed to numbers needed to meet target.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours, n unreachable targets that you get held accountable for
Will be required to operate equipment that does not comply with regulations
I really needed money so spent 2 years driving faulty dangerous trucks doing dangerous non compliant works to meet managements numbers so they can get their bonuses.

The DVR is a joke, the hazard reporting even funnier.

Everyone from the VOL team and upwards has been trained to dump blame on the operators.

They push you to utilize unsafe work practices in unsafe equipment and when things go wrong they blame you saying you shouldn't have done the job.

Veolia has a $3000 damage threshold, regardless if the accident or incident was your fault or not and the damage bill exceeds $3000 its a guaranteed written warning for the operator that started the key.

Because of the workplace ethos colleagues will say all the right things to your face but stab you in the back without hesitation just to keep their jobs.

Avoid Veolia at all cost unless needing a financial stepping stone until another job comes along.
Pros
Payed weekly although the rates are low
Cons
the whole operation is corrupt, favorites or those that brown nose get the easy stuff