Veolia Employee Reviews

Found 78 reviews matching the search See all 2,476 reviews
Operator
Industrial Services Operator (Current Employee) –  Jandakot WA8 May 2019
great people to work with, very understand work crews an knowledgeable. have been great for me but now that i moved north of the river need something closer
Will be required to operate equipment that does not comply with regulations
Truck driver/industrial service operator (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS27 February 2019
I really needed money so spent 2 years driving faulty dangerous trucks doing dangerous non compliant works to meet managements numbers so they can get their bonuses.

The DVR is a joke, the hazard reporting even funnier.
Everyone from the VOL team and upwards has been trained to dump blame on the operators.

They push you to utilize unsafe work practices in unsafe equipment and when things go wrong they blame you saying you shouldn't have done the job.

Veolia has a $3000 damage threshold, regardless if the accident or incident was your fault or not and the damage bill exceeds $3000 its a guaranteed written warning for the operator that started the key.

Because of the workplace ethos colleagues will say all the right things to your face but stab you in the back without hesitation just to keep their jobs.

Avoid Veolia at all cost unless needing a financial stepping stone until another job comes along.
Pros
Payed weekly although the rates are low
Cons
the whole operation is corrupt, favorites or those that brown nose get the easy stuff
Good company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Archerfield QLD26 February 2019
Like all big overseas companies they are top heavy management and tied up in paperwork usuxlly just follow there rules and can’t go wrong. Don’t stand out
Operator
Treatment Operator (Current Employee) –  Cameron Park NSW23 February 2019
Lack of opportunities for advancement and upskilling. Bad culture due to previous employment through government employer before contracted out to Veolia.
Lack of support from management to change this culture.
Pros
Good people in management, easy to deal with but wont step on the bad eggs toes to change culture issues
Cons
bad culture has not been dealt with by management, lack of opportunities for advancement
vac truck
vac truck (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA6 February 2019
the job was ok the vac trucks aren't really for women as they are big hoses you are trying to lift but the sweeper wasn't to bad.the boys were ok to work with a lot of computer inductions to do
Pros
work
Cons
hard
My experience was not good
WHSEQ Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kings Park NSW3 January 2019
My experience with Veolia was not a good one. The management I worked under were not capable and as such lost most of the contracts they had. Most of the people I worked with were good.
Pros
People were nice and good to work with
Cons
Management were not customer focused
Friendly and supportive Manager and Staff
Operations Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cameron Park, NSW Australia23 November 2018
Loved the relationship between staff, friendly, supportive and all round a great team.

Very approachable members of the team.

Built some longstanding friendships.

Team appreciative of the assistance I gave them when busy.
Pros
Great Team environment to work in
Cons
Nothing that needed addressing
A fine career-limiting move.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pyrmont NSW30 September 2018
The current CEO once confided that "if you stay here for long enough, you'll get the top roles".

I'd rather progress on merit.

When leaders do not inspire, there's no point wanting to stay around.
Pros
Cons
Lacklustre leadership, no direction in IT.
Various offshore instalments with good workmates and good facilities
Offshore Supervisor/Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Bibra Lake WA21 May 2018
My work day included pre starts followed by signing of required work permits and job start cards. This job required maintenance work including removal and then re instating existing cladding and insulation PIR, PUR, Foam Glass and Rockwool products. we also used a range of sheet metal, mainly stainless steel and colour bond.
Pros
Variety of job instalations.
Cons
Little consistency of work.
I loved working with them wish i could of stayed with them
Apprentice Boiler Maker (Former Employee) –  Tomago NSW17 May 2018
I loved every minute of my job just wish I could of stayed but becoming homeless when I was starting out on my apprenticeship and having to move state so I wouldn't have to live on the street again sucked would love to finish my boilermaker apprenticeship in mount gambier with the company
Pros
Helped me grow as a man
Cons
Didn't get the job at the right time in my life
great company to work for , they give credit to their staff that perfom well
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD26 April 2018
monitor running plant , make adjustments where required to achieve optimum performance , good freindly workplace.with great potential to move up the ranks
good training
They are OK
Industrial Operator (Former Employee) –  Worsely, WA25 March 2018
They manage work OK.
Rosters are fair.
Rotations are Ok.
Work crews get well.
Equipment is well maintained.
PPE is supplied.
Training is supplied and kept up to date.
Tenders & Project Administrator
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW5 March 2018
Work included the preparation of Tender Documents. This include the printing, collating of Tender Documents and the converting of documents to pdf and burning them to CD, developing and managing an Access Database for Company CV's. Using PowerPoint to produce covers and Word to format documents. Assisting Project Managers in required tasks, such as working on spreadsheets, for Document Control.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Long hours with train rides
Good place to work at
Business Analyst Graduate (Current Employee) –  NSW21 February 2018
Safe environment
People are friendly and willing to help all the time
Strong business management systems in place enabling one to quickly blend into the role and execute
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Salary low
Workplace
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn VIC21 February 2018
Good company to work for, plenty of work and keeps you busy. work-life balance is okay for a very large business. Large customer base with a lot of opportunity.
Don’t look after there workers very well
Bricklayer/ refractory (Current Employee) –  Boyne Island QLD13 December 2017
I’m not very happy with the way workers are treated am looking for other employment . Seems management are there to feather there own nest. And safety is only there for show. It isn’t practiced very well.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Don’t look after workers.
Absolutely loved the work
Supervisor/Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Driver NT29 November 2017
In over 40yrs of being in the work force, I have never, ever witnessed or experienced Morale as bad as I saw it here. Employees are mistreated, bullied and exploited.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
lack of hours
Great location
Deployment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia13 November 2017
Travel from site to site around Australia. Repair/replace IT equipment. Upgrade and install pc's, printer and modems. Work with internal customers on when to perform install. Working with trouble tickets for each job. Organizing replacement parts and shipping requirements.
Pros
Good overtime options
Cons
Eat on the run
job
HR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chinchilla QLD28 September 2017
If you like to be constantly bullied, sworn at, harassed ,treated like a dog, constantly micro managed , get false feedback, then this is the job for you..... especially out in chinchilla where you get no backup from the office jockeys in Brisbane.
Pros
whats that
productive workplace
Drvier Operator (Current Employee) –  Western Australia21 September 2017
Jobs given to you on a daily basis are shared between all staff. This ensures that you don't become complacent with the same tasks. Management are easy to approach for any concerns, issues you may have. Have learnt to manage different vehicles whilst working here.
Pros
Good Facilites
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.