Verizon Employee Reviews

Found 5 reviews matching the search See all 23,833 reviews
Verizon
MTS Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Ta4 October 2016
Verizon for the most part was good experience doing tech work. Gave me experience to deal with users on a personal basis as well as a professional basis. Management was overall receptive to needs and provided adequate helpfulness in doing my job. My co-workers were the best to be with. The hardest part of my position at Verizon was dealing with the constant changes that Verizon implemented. However I did enjoy myself while assisting new comers and seasoned techs while working for Verizon.
Self-motivated and highly demanding workplace allowing for a uniquely satisfying job
Intern (Former Employee) –  Canberra, Australia29 October 2014
Working at Verizon requires a very flexible approach to each day. Frequently, there were urgent matters (usually problems caused by our end users) that would need to be addressed as soon as possible. There was also a general need for documentation and organisation of the network that Verizon maintained. These two needs made sure there was always work needing to be done.

However, many days would pass with a large amount of repetition. The daily tasks needed to keep a complex network in order are numerous, requiring a lot of routine in every day.

Management was very distinct but very engaged with their technical staff, most having a background in the area. That said, being an owned subsidiary of a larger multinational there was a sense of disconnect with the parent company. But the local branch I was employed with largely functioned autonomously. So this did not affect the work environment beyond the occasional disagreement.

The hardest part of the job was getting used to an enormously complex working environment. All areas of the business from service desk to technical staff to internal management and sales required me to learn large amounts of procedures and methods. And the technical proficiency needed for the technical jobs was mostly well out of my experience or training. Nevertheless, I found a balance working the jobs I was given and was able to succeed in the areas I was placed. This, combined with the satisfaction of working during rather flexible hours, was very enjoyable.
Pros
Great facilities, nice benifits, variable work load
Cons
Long hours, knowledge intensive environment, regular moments of very high workload
Global company with large kitchen
Specialist - Billing (Former Employee) –  Sydney, AUS3 June 2013
Answering enquiries. New systems. Friendly manager. Good friends.
Pros
Not in the city
Cons
Poor public transport
Great place to work, for a time
Technical Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  2000 Technology Drive11 May 2013
Verizon Wireless is a mass employer in my town and the only place that pays a competitive wage above minimum. The benefits are great and the people that work there are amazing. The main issue I took with this job was that like any other call center, you are no more than your calls handled per day. When your employer tells you to make every customer interaction memorable and perfect and then tells you to cut things out to make the calls faster, there is something wrong there.

Like any call center, they are focused too heavily on numbers that do not matter (Calls per day, accessories sold, etc..) instead of on the most important factor, Customer Satisfaction.
Pros
Beautiful campus, fun employees
Cons
Too focused on numbers that don't matter in the long run