Verizon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

10: Verizon Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 29,678 reviews

Fun place and interesting

No much career progression but really good people and company to work with. Dealt with Enterprise customers a lot and very political as any major organisation

Pros

Free drinks, Paid Health

Place going downhill fast

Apart from the low-skilled, over paid, highly strung clique, obsequious teams associated with sales functions fueling a toxic micro-management culture spawning bad practices, it was a reasonable place to work. The place had literally good stories (capabilities) to tell "on paper", reality and delivery though was another story! Unfortunately, deadwood ended up making it into low, middle and regional management positions and stayed on for years stifling any innovation and advancement. The business results and failed processes showed this for years. The place has been on a sharp decline, any good results displayed are highly questionable and probably due to creative accounting yet to be audited. "Leadership" in the region were literally unqualified in their craft, but greatly skilled at being haughty and narcissistic. Luckily the region has a rich US mothership to prop them up. Many there are only able to pretend to add value and fortunate enough to be leeching rewards off the few cash cow clients that they inherited from many years ago whom they didn't even personally win or bring on board. If you like sucking up though, you will thrive or even get promoted to help run the place further into the ground. They have this thing called the Credo and an emphasis on volunteering. That is supposed to be positive guiding behaviours for all employees, sounds good right? However, some of the behaviours observed was anything but living the Credo, it was hypocritical and highly farcical to watch. The place really needs a hard reset and a good place to start would be clearing the chaff from -

Pros

Not much

Cons

Poor culture, toxic environment, micro management, lack of real advancement

Official response from Verizon

1 June 2021
Hello, thank you for your candid feedback. We go to great lengths in order to promote a culture of respect and trust to one another, and doing so by communicating openly, candidly and directly. We appreciate your genuine feedback and want you to know that we hear your concerns.

A very toxic environment with incompetent management

There was unnecessary levels of management due to the fact that the manager in charge didn't have an understanding of the business, and lacked personal skills. The workplace culture was toxic, employees time and tasks being micro-managed, an indication of very poor management. The hardest part of the job was to focus on the job on hand, whilst dealing with the politics and the systematic targeting of employees. The culture was not conducive to any growth or learning. This was the absolute worst company I have ever worked for, and it is unfathomable that this culture was tolerated by the business.

Pros

Occasional Free Lunches

Cons

Toxic environment. unprofessional behavour, incompetent managers, micro management, draconic environment

productive and fun place to work

productive and fun place to work, nice client,learned lot of things. it is a good place to work. learned new technologies. its really fun place, Good colleagues.

When the American Management decided it was going to run the Australian group from America with American culture it went down hill

When the American management decided it was going to run the Australian group from America with American culture it went down hill. They wanted their procedures and systems that were in place there but not here implemented and used, chaos ran supreme and they would not listen that they had not been implemented.

multinational

day to day network management customer installs Ethernet ip sdh customer and or network faults Network builds Contractor management Data centre work

Pros

small multinational

Cons

multinational lost in big pool

Verizon

Verizon for the most part was good experience doing tech work. Gave me experience to deal with users on a personal basis as well as a professional basis. Management was overall receptive to needs and provided adequate helpfulness in doing my job. My co-workers were the best to be with. The hardest part of my position at Verizon was dealing with the constant changes that Verizon implemented. However I did enjoy myself while assisting new comers and seasoned techs while working for Verizon.

Self-motivated and highly demanding workplace allowing for a uniquely satisfying job

Working at Verizon requires a very flexible approach to each day. Frequently, there were urgent matters (usually problems caused by our end users) that would need to be addressed as soon as possible. There was also a general need for documentation and organisation of the network that Verizon maintained. These two needs made sure there was always work needing to be done. However, many days would pass with a large amount of repetition. The daily tasks needed to keep a complex network in order are numerous, requiring a lot of routine in every day. Management was very distinct but very engaged with their technical staff, most having a background in the area. That said, being an owned subsidiary of a larger multinational there was a sense of disconnect with the parent company. But the local branch I was employed with largely functioned autonomously. So this did not affect the work environment beyond the occasional disagreement. The hardest part of the job was getting used to an enormously complex working environment. All areas of the business from service desk to technical staff to internal management and sales required me to learn large amounts of procedures and methods. And the technical proficiency needed for the technical jobs was mostly well out of my experience or training. Nevertheless, I found a balance working the jobs I was given and was able to succeed in the areas I was placed. This, combined with the satisfaction of working during rather flexible hours, was very enjoyable.

Pros

Great facilities, nice benifits, variable work load

Cons

Long hours, knowledge intensive environment, regular moments of very high workload

Global company with large kitchen

Answering enquiries. New systems. Friendly manager. Good friends.

Pros

Not in the city

Cons

Poor public transport

Great place to work, for a time

Verizon Wireless is a mass employer in my town and the only place that pays a competitive wage above minimum. The benefits are great and the people that work there are amazing. The main issue I took with this job was that like any other call center, you are no more than your calls handled per day. When your employer tells you to make every customer interaction memorable and perfect and then tells you to cut things out to make the calls faster, there is something wrong there. Like any call center, they are focused too heavily on numbers that do not matter (Calls per day, accessories sold, etc..) instead of on the most important factor, Customer Satisfaction.

Pros

Beautiful campus, fun employees

Cons

Too focused on numbers that don't matter in the long run

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Verizon