Verizon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Verizon Management reviews

Australia7 reviews
Ratings by categoryClear
day to day network management
customer installs Ethernet ip sdh
customer and or network faults

Network builds

Contractor management

Data centre work
Pros
small multinational
Cons
multinational lost in big pool
When the American management decided it was going to run the Australian group from America with American culture it went down hill. They wanted their procedures and systems that were in place there but not here implemented and used, chaos ran supreme and they would not listen that they had not been implemented.
Verizon for the most part was good experience doing tech work. Gave me experience to deal with users on a personal basis as well as a professional basis. Management was overall receptive to needs and provided adequate helpfulness in doing my job. My co-workers were the best to be with. The hardest part of my position at Verizon was dealing with the constant changes that Verizon implemented. However I did enjoy myself while assisting new comers and seasoned techs while working for Verizon.
Working at Verizon requires a very flexible approach to each day. Frequently, there were urgent matters (usually problems caused by our end users) that would need to be addressed as soon as possible. There was also a general need for documentation and organisation of the network that Verizon maintained. These two needs made sure there was always work needing to be done.

However, many days would pass with a large amount of repetition. The daily tasks needed to keep a complex network in order are numerous, requiring a lot of routine in every day.

Management was very distinct but very engaged with their technical staff, most having a background in the area. That said, being an owned subsidiary of a larger multinational there was a sense of disconnect with the parent company. But the local branch I was employed with largely functioned autonomously. So this did not affect the work environment beyond the occasional disagreement.

The hardest part of the job was getting used to an enormously complex working environment. All areas of the business from service desk to technical staff to internal management and sales required me to learn large amounts of procedures and methods. And the technical proficiency needed for the technical jobs was mostly well out of my experience or training. Nevertheless, I found a balance working the jobs I was given and was able to succeed in the areas I was placed. This, combined with the satisfaction of working during rather flexible hours, was very enjoyable.
Pros
Great facilities, nice benifits, variable work load
Cons
Long hours, knowledge intensive environment, regular moments of very high workload