Vertex Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

It was wonnderfull journey to work with the company
AIRTEL Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka16 August 2019
As I have worked for more than year I have learned many things from my seniors as well it was a great journey through working days have seen up's & Downs of life
Little growth, poor management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA3 August 2019
The opportunities for an upward trajectory were very limited. Worked long hours. Upper management did not communicate to the employees in the right way which meant the company goals were not effectively communicated.
A very fast paced, dynamic company with lots of personal/professional reward
Sr. Director Global Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA24 July 2019
Vertex is a company with a very bright future. It demands a lot of its employees, but provides a lot of personal and professional reward in return. Strong: R&D program and strategy, compensation and benefits.
Work environment that relies too heavily upon temporary workers and contractors.
Temp Worker / Contractor / (Former Employee) –  Boston, Massachusetts4 July 2019
The irony is, for a company that relies heavily upon temp/contractors and interns to handle a huge percentage of the workload, they don’t really value the opinions of temps/contractors. For annual surveys that are sent out for rankings, there’s the a catch that they’re only taking into consideration the feedback of full time workers, which presents challenges of holding Vertex fully accountable. If they’re filtering the feedback of their temp/contract labor force by not taking it into consideration, change isn’t going to happen and people will obliviously think everything is fine with the company. It’s not fine though, there a major problems that exist in the form of unconscious bias, elevated s
Pros
Great facilities, food, kitchen
Cons
Ego/accolade driven work evironment;; exclusive culture; harsh FT / contractor relationship, biased employees
Ok place
Consultant, Scientist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA21 June 2019
Kind of a sweat shop when I worked there and they have since moved and expanded. Might be different now and I have no knowledge as I worked there about 10 years ago
Great experience at Vertex
Sr. Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA19 June 2019
Vertex provided a great work environment with lots of opportunity. The only negative was if you were in Shipping & Receiving they outsourced our jobs.
A place with adjustments times
Associate Director Global IS Compliance (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA9 June 2019
At the time I started in Vertex, the company was organizing its business structure because of rapid growth. During that time, management was experiencing constant changes and adjustments. Many positions were eliminated and even departments. Nevertheless, the company is moving forward with great products.
Extraordinary place
Senior Vice President, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA2 June 2019
Great science and great scientists. Overall, an extraordinary group of people to work with, with a deep sense of mission. Great place to work -- policies, practices & work environment.
Stay away from this place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA27 May 2019
Limited opportunities for growth. Upper management does not know how to effectively communicate company goals. The place could do with a bit of organization to make things more effective. Sometimes one had to work long hours. There is no training offered during the onboarding process which make it hard.
Pros
Free lunches
Work life balance a plus
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA23 April 2019
Flexibility for a balanced life is a nice perk and motivates people to do the work demanded. True believers in the mission and strong CEO to guide that mission.
Pros
Flexibility
Limited Career Advancement
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA26 March 2019
Great benefits, but very limited career advancement. Programs are established but not always followed through. Limited opportunities for administrative professionals.limit
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Limited career advancement for administrative professionals
Graphic Design Intern
Graphic Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA4 March 2019
I enjoy everyday at work. Even as an intern I feel like a key part of the team. My ideas are taken into consideration and I never feel like I’m only and intern. There is a huge sense of community here. Great place to work.
To improve skills
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu20 February 2019
To improve our communication skills. To handle the different type of customers to learn more languages and we have better feature to maintain the scores of u r target
Good
Cons
8 hours
good company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Uttar Pradesh15 February 2019
good environment
supportive team leader
activities like games and art and craft held their for enjoyment
competative environment
overall good place for learning
Excellent
Business Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Telangana6 February 2019
It was great work with Vertex , I hope the company management and the clients are very helpful at work atmosphere.
Scheduling weekly client meetings.
Maintaining time management , discipline and passion towards work.
Difficult to get hired full time if you start as a contractor
Scientific Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA28 January 2019
The work is fine, just don't plan on getting hired if starting as a temp, ahem, I mean contractor. The facility is huge and looks nice, but seems to have many technical issues, especially for being almost brand new
Pros
Nice facility
Positive Work Environment
Process Chemistry Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA22 January 2019
Great collaborative environment. The people are very passionate about what they do and are always willing to help others and put their very best work out there.
confusing work enrionmnet
Sr. Validation Lead/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA17 January 2019
It was not a great place to work. Actually I was working through a Vendor and they did not organize well the work streams and assignments. I thought they still have some compliance issues.
Excellent Place to Work
Sr. Manager, Quality Systems (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA28 December 2018
I love working at Vertex! It has been a fantastic opportunity to grow and learn within my career. I am so happy to be a part of such an excellent team and environment.
freedom and learning
Trainee Associate (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Telangana25 December 2018
my company was gave extreem freedom to learn new things and also provided chances to prove my self.

i was learn excel in my company
i got opportunity work with Hr management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertex Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.