VetPartners
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

VetPartners Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Loss of hospital features, only a number, employees exploited

Hospital in NSW went downhill since vetpartner's acquisition. Staff members are being exploited with minimal wage and offered minimal opportunity to wage revision ($0.5-1/hr extra) despite years of service.Hospital lost its advantage and attraction to employees and hence suffered high staff turnover rates, it becomes much less profitable as business and much less sustainable environment for current staff. Increasing prices for vet services barely scratched the problem at its core.Employees are not supported and not encouraged to develop their potentials, and they lay off the weak links who failed to develop during their employment despite staff shortagesManagement in area and hospital levels are not practical, inefficient and fails to address core issues of the hospital. Runs hospital into the ground.

Pros

Locum vet and nurse pay rate, can leave any time

Cons

Permanent work means low pay, limited staff, lots of stress

Acquisition resulted in a huge change in clinic life

Worked for NVC before they were taken over by Vet Partners and noticed a huge change. Clinics were treated as numbers and lost being able to be run with their unique qualities and what made their clinic successful which saw staff morale really change. Company culture not great and little room or opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Work life balance hard to keep

10 May 2021
Hi, disappointed to hear of your experience. I'd like to learn more about your specific situation so that I can address it with the rest of the People Management team. My name is Derek and look after Recruitment my direct number is 02 8321 4111.

Great company to work for

Excellent team committed to helping their vets help the pets! Committed to improving the lives of veterinary professionals and giving you the tools to do the best job possible.

24 January 2021
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to showcase your experience. Derek

Don't waste your time working here

Do not work here. You will be let go regardless if you are casual or full time WITHOUT WARNING OR ADEQUATE NOTICE. They will be all nice then BAM suddenly you are gone. They offer you work that you NEVER get to do.

Pros

Cons

Management is awful.

19 November 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VetPartners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

VetPartners Reviews by Location