Victoria Legal Aid
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Victoria Legal Aid Employee Reviews

Marvellous supportive team, Manager who is trusting of employees to use initiative to do work allocated. Always asking for improvements to work. Relaxed atmosphere. NFP. Assisting people in family law area an often stressful area with a high workload. A joy to work with such a great team of people. No question was too stupid to ask. Praise and support where needed. Regular social activities, lunch, meetings. Small team but productive in output. Did not want to leave. I learnt the difference between being micromanaged as a former employee and being accepted, trusted to do my work and use sound judgement. Learnt new programs. I related to my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was learning the process. Once learnt attention to detail was vital. Neatness, multi tasking files not rushing. Enjoyable part of the job the people. The freedom to take lunch when wanted to between 12-2 and be trusted.
Pros
Relaxed dress code and to be able be yourself and contribute
Cons
High workload but managable.
I worked there as an unpaid intern (volunteer), with the parenting disputes team. I came into work every moring around 8AM-9AM and prepared case briefs for the staff working on their individual cases.
Career working towards assisting disadvantaged persons in the community with their legal needs in offering high quality administrative/secretarial services.