Victoria University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Victoria University Employee Reviews in Footscray VIC

Footscray VIC16 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Good People

Good People. Very friendly and easy to work with. Great Location. Job was challenging but very rewarding. Wasnt much that i didnt like about working here.

Horrible place to work

Stress, disorganised & toxic environment. Awful management. Worked to the bone and made to feel bad. I do not recommend working here at all. So glad to leave and find a wonderful place to work after this.

Cons

No work life balance. Emails all weekend and after hours.

unsupportive environment

poor management, no team support from team leaders, poor salary benefits, no job security, poor management, unsettling job culture, worked full time hours but wanted to work part time

Avoid like the plag

Overworked undervalued, half the staff on stress leave the other half quitting. No compliance or support for staff. Unrealistic demands on your time. Avoid like the plague!

The most important part of the job

I was teaching Electrical engineering courses to undergraduate students. The sessional lecturer is an essential part of my learning and teaching which brings a wealth of experience, knowledge, and expertise to my engineering career.

Pros

Cultural diversity

Cons

Odd working hours

Great place to work previously, professional and good people to work with. Lots of things always happening for staff and students, lots of campuses across Melbourne with many different courses offered.

Pros

Good money

Cons

lots of redundancies

Varied

The people you work with are worth the effort put in, the jobs are varied, but a lot of opportunity and support to grow and build your skills. The workload depends on the dept your employed in.

Pros

Great People

Cons

Hard Work

Productive and fun workplace with great support from Manager

Every day is different so it's difficult to describe a typical day. Overall it's a great work environment. Hardest part of the job is that when trying to resolve issues, students and staff sometimes do not respond to emails and phone calls.

Pros

Great manager

Cons

No job security

Loved working at the Uni until constant restructuring

Although change is needed in every work place, constant restructuring is damaging to staff morale and doesn't allow for bedding in of current changes before new changes are made. It slowly ate away at the staff and students over a number of years. Loved working with students and my team members were fabulous.

Pros

Student interaction, great team

Cons

Constant restructure made for bad staff morale

Cleaner

Was a challenging job, had to wake up early in the morning. I have learnt many things working here and have enjoyed working at this place, great team work.

Pros

team work

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Victoria University?

Educational and seeing my students "grow and excel"!

The best part about my job is the teaching aspect side of it, teaching undergraduate students and most of all empower them with knowledge and providing them with the right tools to not only pass the subject matter but to excel and succeed in their dream jobs and beyond. The most challenging part is trying to make your superiors happy and delivering the subject matter according to their expectations. Overall I love my job, and I love to see my students grow and excel in their studies.

Pros

Good pay rates.

Cons

Long hours, preparing lesson plans and marking assignments.

As below

Victoria University gave me an opportunity to gain practical experience within a large institution, this experience is in valuable to a young person such as myself.

Pros

Fun working environment, enjoyed working with the students

Cons

resources not always available

Work During its busiest

The busy periods at work are from September to December for the New Students Summer fittings and March to May for the Winter Fittings. On these busy periods we would serve over 300 people On these days every employee must: * Serve each customer with excellent customer service skills * Mulit-task * Be prepared for any questions asked * Be confident * Be fully aware of any changes in school uniform The most enjoyable part of the job is serving each customer efficiently and getting positive feedback from them The hardest part of the job is the cleaning and folding of clothes after a long say at work

Pros

Flexible Hours for School

Cons

No Job Advancement

To work in the Library and Information industry, with the attitude and personal characteristics necessary to reach a high standard in meeting all my responsibilities to library clients and other library staff members, in a friendly and helpful manner.

Health Promotion lecturer

Established and implemented the curriculum for Social Bases of Health unit to third year Education students. Provided support and supervision to students on their rounds in Secondary and Primary schools

Pros

contract flexible work

Cons

Lots of marking

No training provided

This organisation is poorly organised. I basically was given an office to work in with hardly any training. It was a work it out for yourself attitude. I have a few co-workers that were very helpful but overall not a happy work environment. The pay was excellent and that is why I stayed as long as I did. There isn't any structure there and it's confusing for the students and the administration staff. It is rated as one of the worse TAFEs in Australia.

Pros

good pay

Cons

no structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Victoria University