Victoria University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Victoria University Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Melbourne VIC14 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Generally a good place to work.

As a sessional teacher it is a very insecure job. Unfortunate as it has a nice laid back staffroom atmosphere. A lot of marking at levels 5 and 6 with not much training, induction or support. A desk is usually available which is unusual in this industry.

Pros

Good atmosphere

Cons

Alot of unpaid admin

productive and challenging workplace which provided an enjoyable environment

Working at Victoria University was a rewarding experience. My colleagues were enjoyable to work with and always willing to lend a helping hand. I was also encouraged to forge my own path within my duties and I am so grateful for that experience. I learned a lot throughout that process.

Sessional Teaching was good

Sessional teaching at university is like working casual. I was only in once a week and would literally just turn up and teach then leave. You obviously have to have qualifications in the area and thus, the only training is safety/risk management stuff as you are an expert.

Transformational and innovative company

HE leading institution to transform the sector and student experience. Revolutionary approach to work allocation and support of academic staff in research, T&L and engagement with industry

Cultural

phd students can be primadonnas. However, the professional staff reign in the strays and mantain an organised yet fluid production process of intellectual property and pursuit thereof.

Pros

Professionial Staff

Capacity building

The organisation provide trainings and worship to build its staff capacity to deliver a quality of services The organisation is culturally oriented

Pros

Free stationary materials

Cons

Exhaustion

The Australian Graduate Surveys

Completed tasks as assigned. Completed face to face and telephony surveys. Data validation and coding activities complete. Completed paperwork as assigned. Gauged understanding of student overall experience. Found out very hostile and political environment. Team worked with besides the surveys manager at the time who was way too skilled and developed for the unit could not implement the changes required for the unit. Besides the academics who knew what they were doing, non academic staff posed a lot of problems for the unit.

Pros

Work was completed in an orderly manner

Cons

Nonsense irrelevant politics between academic and non academic staff

Hands on and friendly

the various hospitals i have done my placements expanded and developed my nursing skills, my communication with patients and families are friendly and professional. my patients care is a priority. i love working with other collegues and achieving my goals per shift. I have learnt time management skills and became very good at it. the best part was making my patients smile and the hardest part was saying good-bye at the end of each placement

working closely with international student department to organize activities for international as well as focusing on the welfare of the students

We need to work closely with the student staff and doing our best to solve the issue of international students.At the same, i need to lead a team of 30 people which makes sure i have a good leadership skill .

Productive and fun work enviroment

A typical day at the showgrounds where they have the exams, Is organizing the morning tea breaks, getting all the exams put out on the tables in 810 seats, each exam has a spot and row to be in, very important, supervising the running times of exams and if there is any deception going on. Once exams are complete, picking up each row in order and securing the exams for secure pick up by the lectures. Checking students id's, knowing that right student is sitting the right exam, without deception. Checking the students have the exact materials that is allowed for each individual exam. Each and every job is just as important as the next. Working together with your co-workers making sure it all runs smoothly.

Pros

Work party

Cons

On your feet all day, walking up and down the isles

fine

fine supports people from range of background challenged by changes changes opportunities

lovely environment

Great environment to working in , i guess i have to say no pressure as long as you finish the tasks there were given (which i did) Fun part communicating with lots of people , supportive team

Pros

Cons

sometimes

Excellent

Excellent place to work. University working environment.

productive

Administer the operation of the reception area Liaise with a diverse range of customers and staff from all levelsProvide administrative support to management, staff members of the section and students of the UniversityCash Handling/EFTPOS paymentReconciliationPetty CashStationery Stocktake Reservations/BookingsDesign and present word documents and excel spreadsheets Record Keeping/Archiving

Pros

fun enviroment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Victoria University