Victoria University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Victoria University Culture reviews

Australia49 reviews

Clear
3.8Work–Life Balance

Great teaching premises

V.U is a great teaching premises with great facilities. The general pool of teaching crew are approachable and willing to help other staff. Many staff stay for more than 10 years.

Pros

Good money

Cons

travel and parking costs

Very difficult senior manager made the work very difficult. Played lots of silly games.

Vey difficult senior Manager who played a lot of silly games. Admin staff were great. The work was interesting although the teaching approach does not practice what it promotes. Very directive when it purports to be learner centred.

Pros

Interesting work

Cons

Managembt

productive and challenging workplace which provided an enjoyable environment

Working at Victoria University was a rewarding experience. My colleagues were enjoyable to work with and always willing to lend a helping hand. I was also encouraged to forge my own path within my duties and I am so grateful for that experience. I learned a lot throughout that process.

unsupportive environment

poor management, no team support from team leaders, poor salary benefits, no job security, poor management, unsettling job culture, worked full time hours but wanted to work part time

Fun place to be

The work place culture was awesome. The staff was from diverse backgrounds and everyone used to be fairly nice to one another. The people from librarians through to managers helped each other and always have been a motivation for me.

Good People

Good People. Very friendly and easy to work with. Great Location. Job was challenging but very rewarding. Wasnt much that i didnt like about working here.

Transformational and innovative company

HE leading institution to transform the sector and student experience. Revolutionary approach to work allocation and support of academic staff in research, T&L and engagement with industry

Perfect

VU has been very generous to me. Since I commenced my Law Studies, VU has entrusted me with various roles across different department. My Managers have been very supportive along the way.

I was lucky yo have a really good coordinator

Enjoyed the students as they are more motivated than TAFE and VET Private College students. Had a really good coordinator and found the culture quite good overall.

Productive and fun workplace with great support from Manager

Every day is different so it's difficult to describe a typical day. Overall it's a great work environment. Hardest part of the job is that when trying to resolve issues, students and staff sometimes do not respond to emails and phone calls.

Pros

Great manager

Cons

No job security

Cleaner

Was a challenging job, had to wake up early in the morning. I have learnt many things working here and have enjoyed working at this place, great team work.

Pros

team work

Best workplace

Loved my time at VU, great work culture & people. Lots of diversity and opportunity. Good location & friendly staff & students.

Capacity building

The organisation provide trainings and worship to build its staff capacity to deliver a quality of services The organisation is culturally oriented

Pros

Free stationary materials

Cons

Exhaustion

The Australian Graduate Surveys

Completed tasks as assigned. Completed face to face and telephony surveys. Data validation and coding activities complete. Completed paperwork as assigned. Gauged understanding of student overall experience. Found out very hostile and political environment. Team worked with besides the surveys manager at the time who was way too skilled and developed for the unit could not implement the changes required for the unit. Besides the academics who knew what they were doing, non academic staff posed a lot of problems for the unit.

Pros

Work was completed in an orderly manner

Cons

Nonsense irrelevant politics between academic and non academic staff

Hands on and friendly

the various hospitals i have done my placements expanded and developed my nursing skills, my communication with patients and families are friendly and professional. my patients care is a priority. i love working with other collegues and achieving my goals per shift. I have learnt time management skills and became very good at it. the best part was making my patients smile and the hardest part was saying good-bye at the end of each placement

Productive and Informative

Good work Environment. Learned more about the subjects I was teaching. Colleagues are very supportive. Vibrant workplace.

lovely environment

Great environment to working in , i guess i have to say no pressure as long as you finish the tasks there were given (which i did) Fun part communicating with lots of people , supportive team

Pros

Cons

sometimes

To work in the Library and Information industry, with the attitude and personal characteristics necessary to reach a high standard in meeting all my responsibilities to library clients and other library staff members, in a friendly and helpful manner.

Excellent

Excellent place to work. University working environment.

A Great place to work, I learnt alot, enjoy every minute that I was working there

A very enjoyable atmosphere, a great place to work, very friendly co-workers, busy but productive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Victoria University
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?